CheLOLsea

9597 posts
South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

Re: CheLOLsea

by South Coast Royal » 21 Sep 2020 11:38

Old Man Andrews
South Coast Royal
Old Man Andrews Notice you weren't saying that when Vic was being openly racist.

Vic has an issue with me so I am offering the chance to say it to my face, that is very reasonable.

My issue is that you are just downright rude to me and so many others on here and you spoil so many of the topics .
It really isn't necessary and you regularly spoil other people's fun.
The nomenclature of snowball, "Thread Bomber" is most apt.

Fine, I will try my best to not be rude to you without cause. Disagreeing with a view isn't being rude though, you are a super sensitive person.

Super and sensitive-I'll take both of those.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 21 Sep 2020 14:45

Chelsea have agreed a deal with French club Rennes to sign goalkeeper Edouard Mendy.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54238075

You'd think that would be the end of Kepa now and they'll be doing everything they can to shift him.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 21 Sep 2020 19:55

Hendo
Chelsea have agreed a deal with French club Rennes to sign goalkeeper Edouard Mendy.

You'd think that would be the end of Kepa now and they'll be doing everything they can to shift him.

how are they going to shift him?

he cost £71M and is on 150 bags a week

he has been a little bit 'shit' into the bargain

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 22 Sep 2020 00:03

BR0B0T
Hendo

They send him out on loan somewhere and hope he impresses enough for someone to come in for him next summer I guess.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 22 Sep 2020 07:01

Old Man Andrews
BR0B0T
Hendo

They send him out on loan somewhere and hope he impresses enough for someone to come in for him next summer I guess.

That or they find a club who are just as big of a bunch of mugs as they are and hope for the best. What are PSG looking like for a ‘keeper at the moment?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 22 Sep 2020 07:23

Hendo
Old Man Andrews
BR0B0T

That or they find a club who are just as big of a bunch of mugs as they are and hope for the best. What are PSG looking like for a ‘keeper at the moment?

They have Keylor Navas, decent enough. Kepa certainly wouldn't shift him.

A good deal for Chelsea would have been to try and get Donnarumma in from Milan using Kepa as a makeweight but they have gone for another unproven guy. Risky.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 22 Sep 2020 08:01

Old Man Andrews
Hendo
Old Man Andrews They send him out on loan somewhere and hope he impresses enough for someone to come in for him next summer I guess.

They have Keylor Navas, decent enough. Kepa certainly wouldn't shift him.

A good deal for Chelsea would have been to try and get Donnarumma in from Milan using Kepa as a makeweight but they have gone for another unproven guy. Risky.

Ah yeah, he is decent enough, certainly wouldn’t shift him from number 1.

Not heard much about Donnarumma recently but I expect Milan would want a kings ransom for him.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 22 Sep 2020 09:32

Donnarumma is Milan captain now, I think. 205 Milan appearances already, at 21.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 22 Sep 2020 09:34

Jeez, that's insane.

Got to be on track to break the all-time football record for most appearances?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 22 Sep 2020 09:37

Hendo Jeez, that's insane.

Will have to go some to beat Paulo Maldini who is on 647. Of course it is doable if he stays at Milan for the next 7 years or so but I can't see him not going to one of the elite clubs eventually.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 22 Sep 2020 09:40

Old Man Andrews

Will have to go some to beat Paulo Maldini who is on 647. Of course it is doable if he stays at Milan for the next 7 years or so but I can't see him not going to one of the elite clubs eventually.

I wasn't meaning exclusively Milan, I just mean in total, for any and all clubs.

If he was to break the Milan record, that would be 443 more games, you'd be looking at 10 years I think, when he would still only be 31, which is prime for a 'keeper, which is also pretty oxf*rd insane.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 22 Sep 2020 09:42

Hendo
Old Man Andrews

I wasn't meaning exclusively Milan, I just mean in total, for any and all clubs.

If he was to break the Milan record, that would be 443 more games, you'd be looking at 10 years I think, when he would still only be 31, which is prime for a 'keeper, which is also pretty oxf*rd insane.

Just having a look at some stats and Rogério Ceni has 1152 appearances for Sao Paolo. Mental.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 22 Sep 2020 09:45

I think Hendo meant career appearances - he's certainly got as much chance as anyone. Alban Lafont, Fiorentina keeper, is a month older and on 173. Camavinga will have about 50 to his name when he turns 18 in November.

Buffon has 1,115 career games, including 200 for Italy and their age group teams. Donnarumma on 244 if you include his Italy games.

Shilton of course has the record at 1,390 games, of which 138 were for England and the u23 side - but I can't see Donnarumma playing until he is 48!

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 22 Sep 2020 09:45

Old Man Andrews
Hendo
Old Man Andrews Will have to go some to beat Paulo Maldini who is on 647. Of course it is doable if he stays at Milan for the next 7 years or so but I can't see him not going to one of the elite clubs eventually.

Just having a look at some stats and Rogério Ceni has 1152 appearances for Sao Paolo. Mental.

:shock:

How can someone play that many games? Even if you play 50 games as season, that is 23 seasons!

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 22 Sep 2020 09:47

Old Man Andrews
Hendo
Old Man Andrews Will have to go some to beat Paulo Maldini who is on 647. Of course it is doable if he stays at Milan for the next 7 years or so but I can't see him not going to one of the elite clubs eventually.

They have state championships and national championships in Brazil so, although the big clubs tend to play reserve teams in state championships against weaker sides, there's potential to play 80+ games a season.

Imagine Reading playing in a 20 team Berkshire Championship alongside the EFL.

Then you throw in continental club competitions and it all gets a bit mental.
Last edited by From Despair To Where? on 22 Sep 2020 09:52, edited 1 time in total.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 22 Sep 2020 09:49

Hendo
How can someone play that many games? Even if you play 50 games as season, that is 23 seasons!

Peter Shilton played his first league game a few weeks after our '66 World Cup win, and was playing for England at Italia' 90. He finally retired in 1997 after 31 seasons.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 22 Sep 2020 09:50

Sanguine deliberately removing me from the quote. Pathetic.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 22 Sep 2020 09:52

From Despair To Where?
Old Man Andrews
Hendo

They have state championships and national championships in Brazil so, although the big clubs tend to play reserve teams in state championships against weaker sides, there's potential to play 80+ games a season.

Then you throw in continental club competitions and it all gets a bit mental.

Indeed, Ceni played more than 60 games in a season ten times.

He's most 'famous' of course for scoring well over 100 league goals - he was Sao Paulo's free-kick and penalty taker. In 2005 he got 21 goals in 75 games. :shock: :D

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 22 Sep 2020 09:53

Old Man Andrews Sanguine deliberately removing me from the quote. Pathetic.

Get a grip pal, I just quoted the last sentence, as it was the bit I was replying too.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 22 Sep 2020 09:54

Sanguine
Old Man Andrews Sanguine deliberately removing me from the quote. Pathetic.

Get a grip pal, I just quoted the last sentence, as it was the bit I was replying too.

Apologies, it is a very interesting conversation.

9597 posts