CheLOLsea

9597 posts
TheMaraudingDog

Re: CheLOLsea

by TheMaraudingDog » 21 Nov 2011 15:49

Royal Bison
TheMaraudingDog Why aren't keepers drop kicking the ball then¿

Because it says it must be kicked from on the ground?!

:|
Do you know what a drop kick is¿

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 21 Nov 2011 15:58

A ball dropped on to the ground is not the same as kicking a ball which is on the ground, fcuking hell TMD.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 21 Nov 2011 16:05

TheMaraudingDog :|
Do you know what a drop kick is¿

Go on then...

TheMaraudingDog

by TheMaraudingDog » 21 Nov 2011 16:24

cmonurz A ball dropped on to the ground is not the same as kicking a ball which is on the ground, fcuking hell TMD.

:lol:

When you kick a drop kick / half volley at the point you strike the ball its on the ground and within these rules you div

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 21 Nov 2011 16:25

TMD will shortly admit he's wrong and that he has learned something new today.

Like fcuk he will.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 21 Nov 2011 16:30

TheMaraudingDog
cmonurz A ball dropped on to the ground is not the same as kicking a ball which is on the ground, fcuking hell TMD.

When you kick a drop kick / half volley at the point you strike the ball its on the ground and within these rules you div

Even if you were right, which you obviously aren't. Why on earth would anyone do that when they have to kick it at exactly the right moment for it to be a legal goalkick? A little early or a little late and even by your retarded interpretation its not good enough and needs to be retaken.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 21 Nov 2011 16:34

yawn.

This is a Chelolsea thread.

Glenn Johnson provided one of those "whole country feeling good" moments yesterday.

TheMaraudingDog

by TheMaraudingDog » 21 Nov 2011 16:35

Ian Royal
TheMaraudingDog

Even if you were right, which you obviously aren't. Why on earth would anyone do that when they have to kick it at exactly the right moment for it to be a legal goalkick? A little early or a little late and even by your retarded interpretation its not good enough and needs to be retaken.

:|
Loads of keepers often use this style kick instead of a good ok fashioned volley and its not a difficult technique. You can kick it further and flatter this way than you can off the floor.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 21 Nov 2011 16:45

By the same token though, lots of keepers will, when given the chance, roll the ball out on the floor and kick off the deck instead of out of their hands because it's a bit easier to be accurate that way (but trading off on distance of course).

I had no idea the ball was allowed to be moving for a goal kick though. Even having read Law 16 again I'm doubtful that's the case but it seems it is!

As TMD says though, once you've mastered it a proper drop kick is quite a reliable technique. I wouldn't say that many keepers use it though.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 21 Nov 2011 16:49

Lets not forget that most footballers don't actually know the rules, as demonstrated by virtually all players-turned-pundit.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 21 Nov 2011 17:20

TheMaraudingDog

No you don't, you strike it a fraction of a second after it leaves the ground again.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 21 Nov 2011 17:29

LUX yawn.

Glenn Johnson provided one of those "whole country feeling good" moments yesterday.

See, I don't get this. Yes Chelsea are disliked due to some of the players and Romans millions. But they haven't murdered anyone.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 21 Nov 2011 17:30

Well yes, but I don't think Bin Laden has been to an Arsenal game in a while.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 21 Nov 2011 20:18

No Fixed Abode See, I don't get this. Yes Chelsea are disliked due to some of the players and Romans millions. But they haven't murdered anyone.

Correct, although Dave Lewis has of course attempted to murder Bart Simpson on several occasions

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 21 Nov 2011 20:33

No Fixed Abode
LUX yawn.

See, I don't get this. Yes Chelsea are disliked due to some of the players and Romans millions. But they haven't murdered anyone.

SOME of the players?

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 21 Nov 2011 20:36

You hate Juan Mata, Merieles, McEachran, Lukaku, Sturridge, Ivanovic, Bertrand, Turnbull etc?

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 21 Nov 2011 20:43

Bertrand's OK.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 21 Nov 2011 21:11

Enjoyed Neville's description of Luiz as defending 'as if he's being controlled by a 10 year old on Playstation'.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 21 Nov 2011 21:35

Wonder what Modric thinks about Chelolsea's form this season given his stated ambition to join them in the summer and Spurs current position.

Scylla

by Scylla » 21 Nov 2011 23:17

No Fixed Abode
LUX yawn.

I haven't checked with the whole country but I think that it's more the supporters.

9597 posts