ArsenaLOL

2279 posts
genome
Hob Nob Legend

Re: ArsenaLOL

by genome » 30 Oct 2019 21:54

What kind of team would score 5 goals and still lose?

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 30 Oct 2019 22:09

bcubed
URZZZZ Ozil running the show tonight. He needs to be given more of a chance

Been subbed

And surprise surprise Arsenal lacked any creativity after he went off. Involved in goal 1. Involved in goal 3. Involved in goal 4. I can't get my head around why he's left out so often. I really can't

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 30 Oct 2019 23:04

Martinez was shite tonight sadly.

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 31 Oct 2019 10:16

Enjoyed that.

Martinez really at fault for at least two goals.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 31 Oct 2019 12:28

URZZZZ
bcubed
URZZZZ Ozil running the show tonight. He needs to be given more of a chance

Been subbed

And surprise surprise Arsenal lacked any creativity after he went off. Involved in goal 1. Involved in goal 3. Involved in goal 4. I can't get my head around why he's left out so often. I really can't

Is it because he doesn’t usually play against a second string team and actually has to play against good players?

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 31 Oct 2019 13:12

Hendo
URZZZZ
bcubed
Been subbed

Is it because he doesn’t usually play against a second string team and actually has to play against good players?

I’m not sure a midfield of Fleck, Norwood or Lundstram is as good as Lallana, Chamberlain or Keita. Personally

I get why he’s left out against midfielders like Fabinho, Kante, Fernandinho because he ends up swanning round the pitch doing nothing. But against the majority of teams in the league, he has to be an option. To leave him out of the match day squad whilst Arsenal continuously create limited chances is strange. Yesterday showed he has the technique and precision to play passes that no one else can in that squad

Brum Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Brum Royal » 31 Oct 2019 13:16

Saw bits of the game, lovely little drag back to keep the ball alive for the Arsenal 4th.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 31 Oct 2019 15:35

URZZZZ
Hendo
URZZZZ

I’m not sure a midfield of Fleck, Norwood or Lundstram is as good as Lallana, Chamberlain or Keita. Personally

I get why he’s left out against midfielders like Fabinho, Kante, Fernandinho because he ends up swanning round the pitch doing nothing. But against the majority of teams in the league, he has to be an option. To leave him out of the match day squad whilst Arsenal continuously create limited chances is strange. Yesterday showed he has the technique and precision to play passes that no one else can in that squad

Although he was up against a defence of Williams, Gomez, Van Den Berg (didn’t know he moved to Liverpool :wink: ) and Milner.

Hardly a great defensive lineup.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 31 Oct 2019 17:07

Hendo
URZZZZ
Hendo

Although he was up against a defence of Williams, Gomez, Van Den Berg (didn’t know he moved to Liverpool :wink: ) and Milner.

Hardly a great defensive lineup.

No, it wasn't, but you're still missing the point. Do you think any other player in the Arsenal team would have the composure that Ozil did to set up Torreira for their first goal? Or his little pass to Saka for the third? Or his backheel for AMN? He has plenty of things wrong with him, but right now, they have no link between the midfield and attack

This is why they've scored two goals from open play in five games. And, yeah, you're right, that defence was poor (in particular VDB was atrocious), but if you ask me if Guendouzi starts that game instead of Ozil, do Arsenal score five goals? Absolutely not IMO

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 31 Oct 2019 18:28

I think we’re just going to have to agree to disagree on Ozil and leave it at that.

I think he’ll get a move away, maybe to Spain or Germany and kick back on in a different league, just don’t think English football suits him.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 31 Oct 2019 19:31

Hendo I think we’re just going to have to agree to disagree on Ozil and leave it at that.

I think he’ll get a move away, maybe to Spain or Germany and kick back on in a different league, just don’t think English football suits him.

Fair enough and I do agree that perhaps the Spanish league would be better suited to him. It's just I do find comments like "he's been carried all his career" and "he's awful" to be over the top (which wasn't your comments anyway)

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 31 Oct 2019 19:55

URZZZZ
Hendo I think we’re just going to have to agree to disagree on Ozil and leave it at that.

Fair enough and I do agree that perhaps the Spanish league would be better suited to him. It's just I do find comments like "he's been carried all his career" and "he's awful" to be over the top (which wasn't your comments anyway)

Yeah I don’t think he’s been carried his whole career, I just don’t think he’s suited to English football.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 31 Oct 2019 22:42

Xhaka has come out with a statement. It doesn't matter how good/bad you are at football. It's an absolute disgrace some of the comments made to him. Who tells someone they hope their daughter gets cancer just because they're bad at football? This sort of stuff is beyond me

And it's easy to say "oh, who cares, he earns as much in a week as I do in a year etc". Whilst footballers wages are unjust, they are still humans at the end of the day and the majority will be deeply affected by reading comments such as that

I can get frustrated after a defeat and make irrational comments but comments like the above should be worth an indefinite stadium ban IMO. Just disgraceful

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 31 Oct 2019 22:56

URZZZZ Xhaka has come out with a statement. It doesn't matter how good/bad you are at football. It's an absolute disgrace some of the comments made to him. Who tells someone they hope their daughter gets cancer just because they're bad at football? This sort of stuff is beyond me

And it's easy to say "oh, who cares, he earns as much in a week as I do in a year etc". Whilst footballers wages are unjust, they are still humans at the end of the day and the majority will be deeply affected by reading comments such as that

I can get frustrated after a defeat and make irrational comments but comments like the above should be worth an indefinite stadium ban IMO. Just disgraceful

It doesnt make the abuse acceptable in any way but its beyond me why professional footballers at the highest level have social media accounts, why would they need it in their lives? If they have to have one then pay someone else to run it for them like Harry Kane does. They have the media profile and none of the personal abuse that way.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 31 Oct 2019 23:03

Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ Xhaka has come out with a statement. It doesn't matter how good/bad you are at football. It's an absolute disgrace some of the comments made to him. Who tells someone they hope their daughter gets cancer just because they're bad at football? This sort of stuff is beyond me

It doesnt make the abuse acceptable in any way but its beyond me why professional footballers at the highest level have social media accounts, why would they need it in their lives? If they have to have one then pay someone else to run it for them like Harry Kane does. They have the media profile and none of the personal abuse that way.

It's not always just social media though. For example, the Rangers fan talking to Scott Brown after their game last year mocking him about his dead sister. That's just an unavoidable situation

Yeah, social media is a massive portion of the blame but abuse goes on anywhere/everywhere nowadays. Even a few days ago, Aubameyang was shouted abuse at in his car. Why can't people grow up and leave them alone?

End of the day, football is just a sport. 90 minutes a week. Why people feel the need to abuse them is beyond me

Although Tom Lawrence and Bennett deserve any abuse they get right now actually

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 01 Nov 2019 07:17

Old Man Andrews

I agree, it’s daft really but the reason the guys at that level do is surely because it’s good for their career and earning potential.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 01 Nov 2019 07:27

Hoop Blah
Old Man Andrews

I agree, it’s daft really but the reason the guys at that level do is surely because it’s good for their career and earning potential.

It's the problem with all social media. All too easy to anonymously hide behind a screen and troll somebody but you don't know the consequences of it.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 28 Nov 2019 21:57

Not even the fantastic Ozil is able to save Arsenal

Emery is a fraud but on the other hand, the completely clueless Arsenal fans can now shut up about their youth. Willock, Saka, Guendouzi, Chambers wouldn't look out of place in an U12 game. Absolute garbage the lot of them, I can't quite understand how anyone can rate Guendouzi

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 28 Nov 2019 22:00

URZZZZ Not even the fantastic Ozil is able to save Arsenal

Emery is a fraud but on the other hand, the completely clueless Arsenal fans can now shut up about their youth. Willock, Saka, Guendouzi, Chambers wouldn't look out of place in an U12 game. Absolute garbage the lot of them, I can't quite understand how anyone can rate Guendouzi

Because he is very good.

Ozil was the only fraud this evening, doesn't deserve to be a professional footballer.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 28 Nov 2019 22:09

Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ Not even the fantastic Ozil is able to save Arsenal

Because he is very good.

Ozil was the only fraud this evening, doesn't deserve to be a professional footballer.

Guendouzi is terrible, why Emery doesn't play a 4-2-3-1 with Torreira, Xhaka and Ozil as the three midfielders is beyond me, it worked well for them last season at home, but he persists with Guendouzi and Willock each game

2279 posts