ArsenaLOL

2279 posts
NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

Re: ArsenaLOL

by NewCorkSeth » 20 Aug 2020 10:04

Old Man Andrews
NewCorkSeth
Old Man Andrews I think it is fair to say Pulis wouldn't like Gnabry as a player but I think if the player was putting in the effort in training and showing willing he would have got into that WBA dross team. The liklihood is Gnabry didn't want to be there, put in sod all effort and didn't show the manager his true ability, Pulis responded to the question based on his direct dealings with the player.

The real dummies here are Arsenal, they had the player for years and didn't get the best out of him or see any long term potential apparently.

Agree that its possible but won't accept it as fact. Pulis could have easily just be looking for him to play a role he couldnt.

Arsenal obviously the dummies here but Wenger is claiming he wouldn't extend his contract. At the time didn't they have Santi, Sanchez and Ozil playing very well? Could easily be he didnt see a way into first team.

I believe he chose to keep and play Iwobi over Gnabry which now seems bizarre but at the time might have been a reflection of the players effort or lack of desire to stay. It would be interesting to hear from Wenger directly on it, he is the only one who knows the truth really. Could have been a case of the player being tapped up by Bayern and having his head turned, which young German player wouldn't be interested in going there?

He said so on Beinsport last night. Def suggested they tapped him up.

Iwobi is a good player tbf.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 20 Aug 2020 10:07

NewCorkSeth
Old Man Andrews
NewCorkSeth Agree that its possible but won't accept it as fact. Pulis could have easily just be looking for him to play a role he couldnt.

Arsenal obviously the dummies here but Wenger is claiming he wouldn't extend his contract. At the time didn't they have Santi, Sanchez and Ozil playing very well? Could easily be he didnt see a way into first team.

I believe he chose to keep and play Iwobi over Gnabry which now seems bizarre but at the time might have been a reflection of the players effort or lack of desire to stay. It would be interesting to hear from Wenger directly on it, he is the only one who knows the truth really. Could have been a case of the player being tapped up by Bayern and having his head turned, which young German player wouldn't be interested in going there?

Thats Bayern's recruitment strategy, they tap up all of the best young German talent and essentially have a monopoly on German football. Barring Dortmund the Bundesliga is a pretty shite league in terms of competitiveness and there is a huge difference between the Bundesliga and Bundesliga 1. clubs, bigger than the Premier League and Championship. Rightfully many hate RB Leipzig because of how they came about but Bayern are just as bad for different reasons.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 20 Aug 2020 10:09

Rare agreed with OMA, on Gnabry. Getting a bit tired of the 'Pulis didn't play this superstar' trope. He didn't play him because he was shite.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 20 Aug 2020 10:11

Sanguine Rare agreed with OMA, on Gnabry. Getting a bit tired of the 'Pulis didn't play this superstar' trope. He didn't play him because he was shite.

I mean we don't hear Pep getting pelters for deeming Jadon Sancho not good enough do we? Pep saw him play and deemed him not worthy of an improved contract or first team football. Mourinho thought Kevin De Bruyne wasn't a Premier League player. Both were correct at the time they said it, as was Pulis IMO.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 20 Aug 2020 10:12

Old Man Andrews
NewCorkSeth
Old Man Andrews

Thats Bayern's recruitment strategy, they tap up all of the best young German talent and essentially have a monopoly on German football. Barring Dortmund the Bundesliga is a pretty shite league in terms of competitiveness and there is a huge difference between the Bundesliga and Bundesliga 1. clubs, bigger than the Premier League and Championship. Rightfully many hate RB Leipzig because of how they came about but Bayern are just as bad for different reasons.

Isn't the Berlin team also hated? Got bags of money or something? Germans are weird about football. They all support Bayern. Bunch of glory hunters.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 20 Aug 2020 10:15

NewCorkSeth
Old Man Andrews
NewCorkSeth He said so on Beinsport last night. Def suggested they tapped him up.

Isn't the Berlin team also hated? Got bags of money or something? Germans are weird about football. They all support Bayern. Bunch of glory hunters.

Not heard much about Berlin being hated, I know when I was in and around the Dortmund set up a few years ago Leipzig and Bayern were the two hated clubs over there. Any club in Germany who veer away from their working class routes or traditions generally will get a lot of hate, it is very important over there.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 20 Aug 2020 10:15

Old Man Andrews
Sanguine Rare agreed with OMA, on Gnabry. Getting a bit tired of the 'Pulis didn't play this superstar' trope. He didn't play him because he was shite.

I mean we don't hear Pep getting pelters for deeming Jadon Sancho not good enough do we? Pep saw him play and deemed him not worthy of an improved contract or first team football. Mourinho thought Kevin De Bruyne wasn't a Premier League player. Both were correct at the time they said it, as was Pulis IMO.

But sure Sancho left the summer after Pep joined on a free. Clearly that move was organised before then. And Mourinho gets loads of stick over the players he has let go

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 20 Aug 2020 10:18

Old Man Andrews
NewCorkSeth
Old Man Andrews Thats Bayern's recruitment strategy, they tap up all of the best young German talent and essentially have a monopoly on German football. Barring Dortmund the Bundesliga is a pretty shite league in terms of competitiveness and there is a huge difference between the Bundesliga and Bundesliga 1. clubs, bigger than the Premier League and Championship. Rightfully many hate RB Leipzig because of how they came about but Bayern are just as bad for different reasons.

Not heard much about Berlin being hated, I know when I was in and around the Dortmund set up a few years ago Leipzig and Bayern were the two hated clubs over there. Any club in Germany who veer away from their working class routes or traditions generally will get a lot of hate, it is very important over there.

Something about money in January. Lots of money pumped in for transfers.

I have a lot of German friends, none are from Munich, they all support Bayern.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 20 Aug 2020 10:19

NewCorkSeth
Old Man Andrews

But sure Sancho left the summer after Pep joined on a free. Clearly that move was organised before then. And Mourinho gets loads of stick over the players he has let go

Pep joined City in February 2016 and Sancho left in the Summer of 2017, more than enough time to tie him down to a new deal and base an opinion on a player. Pep messed up, didn't see the ability.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 20 Aug 2020 10:21

Old Man Andrews
NewCorkSeth
Old Man Andrews I mean we don't hear Pep getting pelters for deeming Jadon Sancho not good enough do we? Pep saw him play and deemed him not worthy of an improved contract or first team football. Mourinho thought Kevin De Bruyne wasn't a Premier League player. Both were correct at the time they said it, as was Pulis IMO.

Pep joined City in February 2016 and Sancho left in the Summer of 2017, more than enough time to tie him down to a new deal and base an opinion on a player. Pep messed up, didn't see the ability.

Pep didn't officially start there until the summer. The zombie finished the season off.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 20 Aug 2020 21:44

NewCorkSeth
Old Man Andrews
NewCorkSeth Agree that its possible but won't accept it as fact. Pulis could have easily just be looking for him to play a role he couldnt.

You think? Thought he looked bright when he first came through at arsenal but it hasn’t really worked well for him since then and he’s just had a poor season at Everton

Can see him following a similar path to what Welbeck has done where he just slips down and down each year under the radar

Think OMA is spot on with Gnabry, miles too simple to suggest Pulis is at fault. Sometimes players need a move to boost their career to fit their style, he could easily have had an average career if he’d stayed at Arsenal for too much longer, like Iwobi has for example

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 21 Aug 2020 08:41

URZZZZ
NewCorkSeth
Old Man Andrews

You think? Thought he looked bright when he first came through at arsenal but it hasn’t really worked well for him since then and he’s just had a poor season at Everton

Can see him following a similar path to what Welbeck has done where he just slips down and down each year under the radar

Think OMA is spot on with Gnabry, miles too simple to suggest Pulis is at fault. Sometimes players need a move to boost their career to fit their style, he could easily have had an average career if he’d stayed at Arsenal for too much longer, like Iwobi has for example

I'm far too lazy to look into his stats but I seem to recall he had a great record of progressive passes and dribbles for Everton last season. That was earlier in the season though so he might have gone to shit.

I actually quite like Welbeck despite the "cant shoot, can't cross" reputation he has had since his Man Utd days. I suppose they are both just decent players who are overshadowed by the enormous pool of talent in the premier league. Iwobi could still do well though if Everton ever get their shit together long enough.

My Iwobi point, going back a few years when I think it was us having this conversation, was more about Arsenal failing to get proper money for players (which until Iwobi they failed to do pretty much) and hpw Tottenham sold Mason(?) the same window for more than twice the fee Arsenal got for a player who had been hyped up for several years as the next big academy player.

Now Wenger is saying that Gnabry wouldn't sign a new contract as a way of explaining the fact he left.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 21 Aug 2020 09:48

NewCorkSeth
Old Man Andrews
NewCorkSeth Isn't the Berlin team also hated? Got bags of money or something? Germans are weird about football. They all support Bayern. Bunch of glory hunters.

Hertha pumped in a lot of money as they hired Klinsmann as manager - it all went tits up, everyone laughed and moved on.

In comparison to your good self, I have lots of German friends and only 1 supports Bayern. The reason they have such a large reach is simple, from the off Bayern set themselves up as a the club of Bavaria (hence the name) Bavaria takes up about a fifth of the land size of Germany and has about a 7th of the population - people from there are Bavarian first and foremost and most gravitate toward supporting Bayern as they are seen as a symbol of the state, not so much Munich. Other clubs in the region are also pretty well supported but you are just more likely to see a Bayern shirt in Nuremberg as a 1. FC Nurnberg shirt.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 21 Aug 2020 10:38

Stranded
NewCorkSeth
Old Man Andrews Not heard much about Berlin being hated, I know when I was in and around the Dortmund set up a few years ago Leipzig and Bayern were the two hated clubs over there. Any club in Germany who veer away from their working class routes or traditions generally will get a lot of hate, it is very important over there.

Hertha pumped in a lot of money as they hired Klinsmann as manager - it all went tits up, everyone laughed and moved on.

In comparison to your good self, I have lots of German friends and only 1 supports Bayern. The reason they have such a large reach is simple, from the off Bayern set themselves up as a the club of Bavaria (hence the name) Bavaria takes up about a fifth of the land size of Germany and has about a 7th of the population - people from there are Bavarian first and foremost and most gravitate toward supporting Bayern as they are seen as a symbol of the state, not so much Munich. Other clubs in the region are also pretty well supported but you are just more likely to see a Bayern shirt in Nuremberg as a 1. FC Nurnberg shirt.

That is very interesting! Thank you! I know 2 of them are not from Bavaria as they are both from the north (one is from Wolfsburg which I always find funny as they are a good sized team).

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 21 Aug 2020 10:51

NewCorkSeth
Stranded
NewCorkSeth Something about money in January. Lots of money pumped in for transfers.

That is very interesting! Thank you! I know 2 of them are not from Bavaria as they are both from the north (one is from Wolfsburg which I always find funny as they are a good sized team).

Undoubtedly get your glory hunters as well, but possible there may be some family connection to Bavaria as well even if they from Wolfsburg.

The guy I know who is a Bayern fan - he was born in Baden-Wuttemberg but his Dad came from Bavaria and moved away.

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 29 Aug 2020 18:43

Eddie Nketiah has won more trophies in two months than Harry Kane has in his professional career now :D

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 29 Aug 2020 21:00

Royality creeps In Eddie Nketiah has won more trophies in two months than Harry Kane has in his professional career now :D

Yet again your complete lack of football knowledge is embarrassing. You should just leave the board now. Kane has won the below and also has an MBE.

Tottenham Hotspur

Football League Cup runner-up: 2014–15[75]
UEFA Champions League runner-up: 2018–19[268]
England

UEFA Nations League third place: 2018–19[269]
Individual

Millwall Young Player of the Year: 2011–12[43]
Premier League Player of the Month: January 2015, February 2015, March 2016, February 2017, September 2017, December 2017[3]
PFA Team of the Year: 2014–15 Premier League,[81] 2015–16 Premier League,[99] 2016–17 Premier League,[117] 2017–18 Premier League[138]
PFA Young Player of the Year: 2014–15[82]
Tottenham Hotspur Player of the Year: 2014–15[270]
Premier League Golden Boot: 2015–16,[98] 2016–17[124]
PFA Fans' Player of the Year: 2016–17[271]
Football Supporters' Federation Player of the Year: 2017[272]
England Player of the Year Award: 2017,[273] 2018[274]
FIFA FIFPro World11 2nd team: 2018[275]
FIFA FIFPro World11 5th team: 2017[276]
FIFA FIFPro World11 nominee: 2019 (10th forward)[277]
FIFA World Cup Golden Boot: 2018[278]
FIFA World Cup Dream Team: 2018[279]
The Best FIFA Men's Player: 2019 (10th place)[280]

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 29 Aug 2020 21:36

he was also recently the top scoring non-muslim in the prem

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 29 Aug 2020 21:40

You forgot Runner up in the village Egg and spoon race :D

Simmops
Royality creeps In Eddie Nketiah has won more trophies in two months than Harry Kane has in his professional career now :D

Yet again your complete lack of football knowledge is embarrassing. You should just leave the board now. Kane has won the below and also has an MBE.

Tottenham Hotspur

Football League Cup runner-up: 2014–15[75]
UEFA Champions League runner-up: 2018–19[268]
England

UEFA Nations League third place: 2018–19[269]
Individual

Millwall Young Player of the Year: 2011–12[43]
Premier League Player of the Month: January 2015, February 2015, March 2016, February 2017, September 2017, December 2017[3]
PFA Team of the Year: 2014–15 Premier League,[81] 2015–16 Premier League,[99] 2016–17 Premier League,[117] 2017–18 Premier League[138]
PFA Young Player of the Year: 2014–15[82]
Tottenham Hotspur Player of the Year: 2014–15[270]
Premier League Golden Boot: 2015–16,[98] 2016–17[124]
PFA Fans' Player of the Year: 2016–17[271]
Football Supporters' Federation Player of the Year: 2017[272]
England Player of the Year Award: 2017,[273] 2018[274]
FIFA FIFPro World11 2nd team: 2018[275]
FIFA FIFPro World11 5th team: 2017[276]
FIFA FIFPro World11 nominee: 2019 (10th forward)[277]
FIFA World Cup Golden Boot: 2018[278]
FIFA World Cup Dream Team: 2018[279]
The Best FIFA Men's Player: 2019 (10th place)[280]