by Ascotexgunner » 22 Dec 2020 21:50

genome almost feel sorry for them

Yeah right :D :D :D :D
Spurs must be loving this.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

Re: ArsenaLOL

by Ascotexgunner » 22 Dec 2020 21:52

I tell you what if they want to loan that Smith-Roe kid, I would take him in a heartbeat.....looks quality.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 22 Dec 2020 22:19

Ascotexgunner I tell you what if they want to loan that Smith-Roe kid, I would take him in a heartbeat.....looks quality.

He's shit

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 22 Dec 2020 23:13

From Despair To Where? I hear Villa have a decent keeper. Not sure who they bought him off though.

£20 million was on the cheap side but you can see the logic of it in the sense they already had a good goalie in Leno

Whilst it’s nice having two good goalkeepers, Arsenal have too many deficiencies in other areas to keep them both
Obviously they’ll need a better backup than the one today though

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 23 Dec 2020 10:34

Arteta needs to be fired and asap. They actually could go down. Those players need a MASSIVE kick up the ar$e. Never liked the Gunners (not sure why), but gotta feel for the fans currently.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 23 Dec 2020 10:57

Zammo Arteta needs to be fired and asap. They actually could go down. Those players need a MASSIVE kick up the ar$e. Never liked the Gunners (not sure why), but gotta feel for the fans currently.

I don't see it happening unless they actually slip into the bottom 3. League is a write off this season but if they can stay up and somehow win the Europa League they will be back in the CL next year.

Can't see them getting anything out of Chelsea but after than it is Brighton and West Brom away - fail to win either of those and the view may change. Win both and they are likely far enough ahead of the bottom 3 not to have to worry.

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 23 Dec 2020 11:02

My worry for them is I just don't see where the fight is coming from. Brighton have given some top teams a scare this season already. Pretty sure Allardyce will have worked them out already. They will have enough, I expect (they have turned it on in Europe, tbf), but defo worrying times.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 23 Dec 2020 11:06

They are awful right now and lacking confidence in every department but they won’t be going down.

My Dad supported them (and Reading) and as a result I have always had a soft spot for the club but I have to say it would be bloody amusing to see them get relegated.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 23 Dec 2020 22:26

URZZZZ
From Despair To Where? I hear Villa have a decent keeper. Not sure who they bought him off though.

£20 million was on the cheap side but you can see the logic of it in the sense they already had a good goalie in Leno

Whilst it’s nice having two good goalkeepers, Arsenal have too many deficiencies in other areas to keep them both
Obviously they’ll need a better backup than the one today though

Leno is a decent keeper but he is hopeless with the ball at his feet. He is like a rabbit in headlights. His distribution is terrible as well. One of the reason they did so well at the back end of last season was because of quick distribution of Martinez. Leno being out did them a favour. He did more than enough to be number 1. Arteta sold the wrong keeper.
I cannot remember a manager of a top big club making so many mistakes in selections and tactics as Arteta.

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 28 Dec 2020 10:25

Zammo My worry for them is I just don't see where the fight is coming from. Brighton have given some top teams a scare this season already. Pretty sure Allardyce will have worked them out already. They will have enough, I expect (they have turned it on in Europe, tbf), but defo worrying times.

Thought they were excellent vs Chelsea, tbf. Where did that display come from ? :shock:

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 06 Jan 2021 11:55

Looks like Ozil is finally off to Fenerbahce

Was an absolute delight to watch for a while but hasn't had the same impact these last couple of seasons. Arsenal would be in a better position if they'd used him this season but Smith-Rowe looks a real talent so will be interesting to follow his development

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 07 Jan 2021 20:10

URZZZZ Looks like Ozil is finally off to Fenerbahce

Was an absolute delight to watch for a while but hasn't had the same impact these last couple of seasons. Arsenal would be in a better position if they'd used him this season but Smith-Rowe looks a real talent so will be interesting to follow his development

He really has done literally bugger all to justify that salary and adoration from some fans there.
Now he is gone I really do wonder if they might have the same problem with Aubamayang. He has been utterly dire since Arsenal turned it around. He is nearly 32, his contract runs til he is 35, he is on silly money and to lose form now you just wonder.
He has to be the worst captain at Arsenal I can remember. Rob Holding has 10 times the presence.
Watching the West Brom game was an eye opener. Aubamayang featured in none of their goals and when Martinelli is fit he looks much more of a threat as does the youngster with the double barrelled name ...Smiffy-thingy.....
even Lacazette looks more comfortable...

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 19 Jan 2021 10:10

Simmops
Ascotexgunner I tell you what if they want to loan that Smith-Roe kid, I would take him in a heartbeat.....looks quality.

He's shit

This comment appears to have aged rather well.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 19 Jan 2021 10:22

Yep, don't think there is any chance of him being loaned out now, would expect him to start most games for the rest of the season.

Thought he looked good on loan at Huddersfield last season, tbh.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 19 Jan 2021 11:47

Hendo Yep, don't think there is any chance of him being loaned out now, would expect him to start most games for the rest of the season.

Thought he looked good on loan at Huddersfield last season, tbh.

Not as good as Ozil though :wink:

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 19 Jan 2021 15:41

Who would have thought that bringing a small, frail, one footed player into the most physically demanding league to play in the most physically demanding position wouldn't work out?!

^that's how you do hindsight punditry 8)

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 19 Jan 2021 23:33

Ascotexgunner
Simmops

He's shit

This comment appears to have aged rather well.

It was a joke

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 23 Jan 2021 14:10

lol

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 02 Feb 2021 20:50

LOLeno :lol:

2279 posts