The Manager Sack Race/Merry-go-Round

8696 posts
Vision
Hob Nob Addict

Re: The Manager Sack Race/Merry-go-Round

by Vision » 16 Dec 2020 12:21

tidus_mi2 I'll give Sheffield United some credit on this, they could very easily have sacked Wilder by now, I think most clubs in their situation would have already pulled the trigger.

I think sensibly they're looking at how Burnley dealt with a similar situation under Dyche. Very similar set ups.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 16 Dec 2020 12:30

Vision
tidus_mi2 I'll give Sheffield United some credit on this, they could very easily have sacked Wilder by now, I think most clubs in their situation would have already pulled the trigger.

I think sensibly they're looking at how Burnley dealt with a similar situation under Dyche. Very similar set ups.

To an extent

Burnley hardly spent did they though? Sheffield have spent a fair bit of money, on the likes of McBurnie, Brewster, Mousset, Berge etc - none really set the world alight yet either

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 16 Dec 2020 12:35

URZZZZ
Vision

To an extent

Burnley hardly spent did they though? Sheffield have spent a fair bit of money, on the likes of McBurnie, Brewster, Mousset, Berge etc - none really set the world alight yet either

Money spent is relative though given how inflated the market has become. Relatively speaking I doubt there's much difference and Sheff Utd's budget would almost certainly be the among the smallest ( if not the smallest ) in the Division.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 16 Dec 2020 13:25

Vision
URZZZZ
Vision

To an extent

Money spent is relative though given how inflated the market has become. Relatively speaking I doubt there's much difference and Sheff Utd's budget would almost certainly be the among the smallest ( if not the smallest ) in the Division.

If they’ve got sense he’ll be allowed to stay and mastermind the promotion push next season (presuming
they are relegated).

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 16 Dec 2020 13:30

Very much second season syndrome. They caught people out with the high wing back last season. This time round they’ve been found out. Wilder is a bang average manager whose team had been riding in a crest of a wave. He won’t have success like this again his career. Expect him to take them down be sacked next season and we shall hear little of him again.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 16 Dec 2020 13:58

WoodleyRoyal Very much second season syndrome. They caught people out with the high wing back last season. This time round they’ve been found out. Wilder is a bang average manager whose team had been riding in a crest of a wave. He won’t have success like this again his career. Expect him to take them down be sacked next season and we shall hear little of him again.

They may have been found out but IMO taking a team who finished 10th in L1 in 2016 to the top half in the Prem by 2020 is slightly better than bang average

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 19 Dec 2020 13:37

If anyone missed it, Bilic gone from WBA and replaced by Sam Allardyce (rumoured £1.5m bonus for him if he keeps them up).

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 19 Dec 2020 22:37

Vladimir Ivic Sacked by Watford after only 4 months :|

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 19 Dec 2020 22:58

Lol...just lol

Watforlold

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 19 Dec 2020 23:18

WoodleyRoyal Vladimir Ivic Sacked by Watford after only 4 months :|

And they were 5th :| :| :|

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 20 Dec 2020 09:33

Simmops

Watford board :roll:

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 20 Dec 2020 10:13

Sutekh
Simmops

Seen a couple of their fans on Twitter try to defend it by saying the performances were boring, etc... but that’s oxf*rd madness. They’re a basket case of a club when it comes to managers.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 20 Dec 2020 10:52

Hendo
Sutekh
Simmops

Seen a couple of their fans on Twitter try to defend it by saying the performances were boring, etc... but that’s oxf*rd madness. They’re a basket case of a club when it comes to managers.

They are the total opposite of the perceived right way but have had some success with this approach.

A rumour down here is that St Eddie will get the job-not sure that he would be able to cope with the hire and fire approach of the owner having had so many years at Bournemouth doing more or less what he likes.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Dec 2020 19:48

Hendo
Sutekh
Simmops

I hope their fans get what that attitude deserves and they crash and burn.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 20 Dec 2020 19:50

Snowflake Royal
Hendo
Sutekh

Just like Birmingham years ago.

I remember when they were 3rd and for literally no reason at all they sacked their manager and got ZoLOLa in and went into free fall

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 20 Dec 2020 20:54

Simmops
Snowflake Royal
Hendo

I remember when they were 3rd and for literally no reason at all they sacked their manager and got ZoLOLa in and went into free fall

Not quite - no Birmingham fan tried to justify the decision and they were 7th when he was sacked

Re. Watford - it’s not surprising given their track record and their lack of goal threat given the abundance of talent they have up top. Certainly wasn’t surprised to see him go

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 20 Dec 2020 21:15

URZZZZ
Simmops
Snowflake Royal I hope their fans get what that attitude deserves and they crash and burn.

Not quite - no Birmingham fan tried to justify the decision and they were 7th when he was sacked

Re. Watford - it’s not surprising given their track record and their lack of goal threat given the abundance of talent they have up top. Certainly wasn’t surprised to see him go

They should have never sacked him ffs urz!

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 21 Dec 2020 01:03

Simmops
URZZZZ
Simmops

They should have never sacked him ffs urz!

That wasn’t my point tbf - just that it isn’t surprising whatsoever given their track record and that perhaps even if the sacking was unlucky, they have slightly underperformed relative to their squad

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 21 Dec 2020 12:24

Xisco Munoz new Watford boss. No, me neither.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 21 Dec 2020 17:26

Sutekh Xisco Munoz new Watford boss. No, me neither.

Isn’t that a high volume network router?

8696 posts