The Manager Sack Race/Merry-go-Round

8673 posts
Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

Re: The Manager Sack Race/Merry-go-Round

by Sanguine » 25 Mar 2021 16:00

Snowflake Royal
Sanguine
paultheroyal Cant stand Charlton, but really like Adkins, a decent bloke. Hope he does well there.

Fwiw, via a couple of sources, everything that turned bad behind the scenes at RFC post-McDermott promotion had at its root Nigel Adkins. Apparently rude, condescending and didn't care one iota for staff who had been at the club for 20 or 30 years.

Given it went bad long before Adkins arrival, and lies firmly at the door of Zingaravich, I'm not buying.

Well the people who have told me this of Adkins have no particular axe to grind - they had to work with him, and in the case of one had worked at Reading since just before the Bolton play-off defeat and had never experienced what they did under his tenure in 20 years.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 26 Mar 2021 11:19

leon I always thought he was a perma tanned bullshit merchant.

However I imagine what was going on in the background was fairly disastrous as well.

Me too

Never got the love for him

Seemed totally insincere to me

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 26 Mar 2021 14:03

bcubed

However I imagine what was going on in the background was fairly disastrous as well.

Me too

Never met him (other than at Fan’s Forums) so can only judge on his “camera” persona which seemed cheerful, positive and upbeat and overall a guy who is a decent manager in terms of the general results he’s managed at clubs through the years. Personally found his post match comments to be extremely pointless though as all he ever seemed to do was summarise the match and avoid questions (so obviously been on various FA and FL media handling courses). Good luck to him at Charlton though.

Also I believe Nigel was the goalkeeper for Tranmere in Reading’s last home game in division 4 (won 1-0).

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 26 Mar 2021 14:27

Sutekh
bcubed

Me too

Never met him (other than at Fan’s Forums) so can only judge on his “camera” persona which seemed cheerful, positive and upbeat and overall a guy who is a decent manager in terms of the general results he’s managed at clubs through the years. Personally found his post match comments to be extremely pointless though as all he ever seemed to do was summarise the match and avoid questions (so obviously been on various FA and FL media handling courses). Good luck to him at Charlton though.

Also I believe Nigel was the goalkeeper for Tranmere in Reading’s last home game in division 4 (won 1-0).

After a few months the his Comical Ali style relentless optimism having just watched Danny Guthrie pass the ball into touch whilst getting beaten by a team of barely competent marauding cloggers was an insult to everyone’s intelligence.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 26 Mar 2021 15:59

leon
Sutekh
bcubed
Me too

After a few months the his Comical Ali style relentless optimism having just watched Danny Guthrie pass the ball into touch whilst getting beaten by a team of barely competent marauding cloggers was an insult to everyone’s intelligence.

Strikes me as the sort of guy that if you were interviewing him for a job you'd be thinking all the while, this guy's a bit of a chancer isn't he?

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 26 Mar 2021 16:13

leon
Sutekh
bcubed
Me too

:?:

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 26 Mar 2021 16:30

URZZZZ
leon
Sutekh

:?:

ok. Mine. You thick bastards.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 27 Mar 2021 09:00

Roy Keane looks like he might get the Celtic gig. Think that could be a good appointment

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 01 Apr 2021 07:50

Boothroyd has to go, a wealth of riches at his disposal and not qualify is scandalous.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 01 Apr 2021 09:36

Doesn't help when Southgate is nicking your best players.

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 01 Apr 2021 10:14

Doesn't that happen to all international U21 teams though not just England? If you're good enough you'll always be fast tracked to the senior squad. Possibly even happens more to nations with a smaller pool of players to begin with.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 01 Apr 2021 10:59

Even with a couple of decent U21 players in the full sqaud Boothroyd had more than enough talent in his squad to get through the qualification. No excuse.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 01 Apr 2021 13:00

I kind of said that tongue in cheek but there was an interesting article about this on the BBC website the other day.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56586818

I'm not a fan of Boothroyd. I remember his Watford team being dreadful to watch.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 01 Apr 2021 22:15

How to Celtic is seems. Would have thought he would have been perfect for Newcastle when they go down

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 12 Apr 2021 21:50

Forest Green chairman hinting they will seriously consider appointing a female manager following the dismissal of Mark Cooper.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 26 Apr 2021 17:00

BILD claim that Nagelsmann has agreed to join Bayern, other journalists say that Leipzig have asked for a €30M transfer fee for him and that is being negotiated

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 26 Apr 2021 17:50

Winston Biscuit BILD claim that Nagelsmann has agreed to join Bayern, other journalists say that Leipzig have asked for a €30M transfer fee for him and that is being negotiated

So, not Spurs then!

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 26 Apr 2021 18:40

Hendo
Winston Biscuit BILD claim that Nagelsmann has agreed to join Bayern, other journalists say that Leipzig have asked for a €30M transfer fee for him and that is being negotiated

So, not Spurs then!

I reckon Spurs will go for Ten Hag at Ajax

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 26 Apr 2021 18:57

genome
Hendo

So, not Spurs then!

The Nag ?

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 29 Apr 2021 09:32

genome
Hendo

So, not Spurs then!

Now the favourite 8)

8673 posts