We're ManchesteROFL United, we do what we want

5763 posts
BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: We're ManchesteROFL United, we do what we want

by BR0B0T » 06 Oct 2019 18:38

leon
Old Man Andrews Fred being bossed by the 18 and 21 year old Longstaff brothers...... How have United fallen this far?

This Utd team is the worst I’ve seen since the 80s

late 80's had 2 or 3 shit seasons otherwise top 4 at least (2nd and 3rd a couple of times)

won the FA cup three times, (Cup Winners was it 89/90 or 90/91) and err...a Community Shield :? :wink:

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 06 Oct 2019 18:49

OGS has to do the right thing and admit the job is too big for him, he's not a very good coach ultimately and can't get the best out of average players.

As for who replaces him they should look to Allegri. Bung hom a load of cash in January and bring in a top player in each outfield position and get rid of the crap next summer.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 06 Oct 2019 18:55

URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews Fred might be pound for pound the worst United player of all time.

Absolutely. No idea what Mourinho was thinking with him

£50 million...... Who scouted him? How has the United board agreed to fund that purchase? Look at the players they have missed in that time too. Maddison at Leicester, the young lad who used to be at Ajax, De Jong, to name just two.

United are just oxf*rd from top to bottom.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 06 Oct 2019 19:49

2 points away from the relegation zone...nice

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 06 Oct 2019 19:53

Old Man Andrews OGS has to do the right thing and admit the job is too big for him, he's not a very good coach ultimately and can't get the best out of average players.

As for who replaces him they should look to Allegri. Bung hom a load of cash in January and bring in a top player in each outfield position and get rid of the crap next summer.

He doesn't need to be a good coach, if he's a good manager. He's got an awful squad, and it looks like it's getting worse, which is obviously not a good sign!

Whilst they rebuild I'm not there's much else any other manager can do, but, having said that, they really need something drastic to happen to bring about a change in fortunes. If I were the Glazers I'd get Woodward to appoint that Direct or Football they've been talking about for how ever long it is now, and address the piss poor recruitment. Give OGS until the end of the season with a few more quality acquisitions in January (that fit a long term club strategy) and then bomb him out if they haven't made massive strides in the second half of the season.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 06 Oct 2019 19:58

Old Man Andrews Fred being bossed by the 18 and 21 year old Longstaff brothers...... How have United fallen this far?

Before the game Neville was talking up McTominay and Fred as a reasonable central midfield, something which Souness queried and said that he would love to play against them-subsequently on the pitch they were outshone by the two Geordie brothers, one of whom had never played a single game in the Premier League previously.
The result was no fluke.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 06 Oct 2019 21:16

BR0B0T
leon

late 80's had 2 or 3 shit seasons otherwise top 4 at least (2nd and 3rd a couple of times)

won the FA cup three times, (Cup Winners was it 89/90 or 90/91) and err...a Community Shield :? :wink:

I wasn’t talking late 80s sonny Jim

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 06 Oct 2019 22:14

leon
BR0B0T
leon

sorry the late 80's had 3 bad seasons and one 2nd place

...early 80's was 2nd, 3rd and 3 4th place finishes

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 06 Oct 2019 23:06

BR0B0T
leon
BR0B0T

sorry the late 80's had 3 bad seasons and one 2nd place

...early 80's was 2nd, 3rd and 3 4th place finishes

Fcuk me my memories failing me. So this team is actually the worst Man U team for over 40 years?

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 06 Oct 2019 23:23

Victor Meldrew

Before the game Neville was talking up McTominay and Fred as a reasonable central midfield, something which Souness queried and said that he would love to play against them-subsequently on the pitch they were outshone by the two Geordie brothers, one of whom had never played a single game in the Premier League previously.
The result was no fluke.

To be fair, McTominay has come on leaps and bounds, especially from how he was last season. He’s obviously not United level but he’s probably been one of their best players this season and is miles better than Fred or Pereira

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 07 Oct 2019 08:47

Old Man Andrews OGS has to do the right thing and admit the job is too big for him, he's not a very good coach ultimately and can't get the best out of average players.

If there is an amount of money they can throw around to get Julian Nagelsmann in then they should do it. He only moved this summer though so unlikely.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 07 Oct 2019 11:09

Watching Bruce and Olé battling it out yesterday to see who is the league's shittest manager mad me think...

Has anyone that played under Fergie actually gone on to NOT be shit at managing?

Stam
Bruce
OGS
Hughes
Giggs
Neville P
Neville G
Scholes
Ince
Keane
Robson
Phelan

think there are about 30 of them...all dogshit!

Maybe Strachan was OK

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 07 Oct 2019 11:12

BR0B0T Watching Bruce and Olé battling it out yesterday to see who is the league's shittest manager mad me think...

Has anyone that played under Fergie actually gone on to NOT be shit at managing?

Stam
Bruce
OGS
Hughes
Giggs
Neville P
Neville G
Scholes
Ince
Keane
Robson
Phelan

Maybe Strachan was OK

Could argue Mark Hughes has done ok, especially early on in his managerial career. Bruce hasn't done too bad overall either.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 07 Oct 2019 11:14

Old Man Andrews
BR0B0T Watching Bruce and Olé battling it out yesterday to see who is the league's shittest manager mad me think...

Stam
Bruce
OGS
Hughes
Giggs
Neville P
Neville G
Scholes
Ince
Keane
Robson
Phelan

Maybe Strachan was OK

Could argue Mark Hughes has done ok, especially early on in his managerial career. Bruce hasn't done too bad overall either.

Bruce has one of the lowest win rates of any manager and been consistently employed

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 07 Oct 2019 11:15

Stam
Bruce
OGS
Hughes
Giggs
Neville P
Neville G
Scholes
Ince
Keane
Robson
Phelan

Maybe Strachan was OK

Laurent Blanc hasn't done too bad and Darren Ferguson has found his level and has been pretty successful.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 07 Oct 2019 11:20

Hendo

Stam
Bruce
OGS
Hughes
Giggs
Neville P
Neville G
Scholes
Ince
Keane
Robson
Phelan

Maybe Strachan was OK

Laurent Blanc hasn't done too bad and Darren Ferguson has found his level and has been pretty successful.

I left Blanc off the list but he's had it pretty easy...winning with PSG is like Brendy Rodgers winning with Celtic

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 07 Oct 2019 11:20

Hendo

Stam
Bruce
OGS
Hughes
Giggs
Neville P
Neville G
Scholes
Ince
Keane
Robson
Phelan

Maybe Strachan was OK

Blanc has a very good record, did a good job with an unfancied Bordeaux side. Wouldn't shock me if he came in to United on a short term deal if OGS goes just to steady the ship a bit.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 07 Oct 2019 11:22

Old Man Andrews
Hendo

Stam
Bruce
OGS
Hughes
Giggs
Neville P
Neville G
Scholes
Ince
Keane
Robson
Phelan

Maybe Strachan was OK

Blanc has a very good record, did a good job with an unfancied Bordeaux side. Wouldn't shock me if he came in to United on a short term deal if OGS goes just to steady the ship a bit.

Agreed. From Wiki:

On 8 June 2007, Blanc was named the new manager of Bordeaux, replacing Brazilian Ricardo Gomes. For his first season on the bench, he led the club to second place in Ligue 1 and won the Manager of the Year award. His second Ligue 1 season was extremely successful. Bordeaux won the final 11 league matches of the 2008–09 Ligue 1 season, setting a new French record for consecutive wins,[16] to clinch the Ligue 1 title three points clear of Olympique de Marseille. Bordeaux also won the 2008–09 Coupe de la Ligue. Blanc was again nominated for Manager of the Year but lost to Marseille manager Eric Gerets.

In the 2009–10 Champions League campaign, Blanc's Bordeaux topped a group featuring Juventus and Bayern Munich without losing a match.[17] After defeating Olympiacos in the Round of 16, they were eliminated by fellow French side Lyon in the quarter-finals.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 07 Oct 2019 11:23

Old Man Andrews
Hendo

Stam
Bruce
OGS
Hughes
Giggs
Neville P
Neville G
Scholes
Ince
Keane
Robson
Phelan

Maybe Strachan was OK

That's right, forgot about Bordeaux. Think that's why he got the NT job and then PSG. Fair enough...thought he'd got the PSG job on the back of his name

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 07 Oct 2019 11:24

Ok we have a total of 1 so far

Maybe 1/2 a point for his son

5763 posts