We're ManchesteROFL United, we do what we want

5763 posts
Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: We're ManchesteROFL United, we do what we want

by Franchise FC » 04 Oct 2020 18:52

Old Man Andrews
Franchise FC
Old Man Andrews United's back 4 played with so much pride.....

Only two of them can come out of it with anything at all.

De Gea, who I don’t think could be faulted for any of them, and ....

Er, maybe it’s just one

By the way, how was the Shaw tackle not a red ?

I think De Gea could have done a bit better for both the Son goals but he's certainly not at direct fault. Can't believe they didn't sell him to raise some funds tbh, Henderson is more than adequate.

What’s quite amusing is that you haven’t queried the fact that he was the only one to be vaguely competent :wink:

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 04 Oct 2020 19:00

Utd are where Liverpool were in the mid 90's. They will have reasonable seasons, will get into europe and may win a domestic cup, but they are miles off challenging for the league and will be for the foreseeable.

Their fans (and pundits) just need to adjust their expectations rather than acting like something shocking and unacceptable has happened everytime they get d*cked.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 Oct 2020 08:35

Franchise FC
Old Man Andrews United's back 4 played with so much pride.....

Only two of them can come out of it with anything at all.

De Gea, who I don’t think could be faulted for any of them, and ....

Er, maybe it’s just one

By the way, how was the Shaw tackle not a red ?

Was too far out and wide with covering defenders to be a clear goalscoring chance. Wasn't violent or excessively forceful or dangerous. Just disgustingly cynical.

By the laws I think it has to be yellow. Though I'd argue you could chuck in a second yellow for the same offence for unsportsmanlike behaviour, which I think is a thing... :lol:

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 05 Oct 2020 09:11

MOTD were correct though, it's very odd that a bit of impetousness is a red but a horribly cynical tackle like that is only a yellow

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 05 Oct 2020 09:14

genome MOTD were correct though, it's very odd that a bit of impetousness is a red but a horribly cynical tackle like that is only a yellow

If we ever get sin bins at the top level (hopefully not) I think that sort of challenge is the kind of thing that warrants 10 minutes off the pitch. Didn't intend to cause harm but it was deliberate.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 05 Oct 2020 10:05

Old Man Andrews
genome MOTD were correct though, it's very odd that a bit of impetousness is a red but a horribly cynical tackle like that is only a yellow

If we ever get sin bins at the top level (hopefully not) I think that sort of challenge is the kind of thing that warrants 10 minutes off the pitch. Didn't intend to cause harm but it was deliberate.

He's deliberately kicked an opponent - how is that not violent conduct ?
Colin Bailley versus Derby in front of the South Bank (I know, a long time ago, but in a time when GBH was only a yellow) - he saw red because a deliberate kick is violent conduct

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 05 Oct 2020 10:06

Franchise FC
Old Man Andrews

Colin Bailley versus Derby in front of the South Bank (I know, a long time ago, but in a time when GBH was only a yellow) - he saw red because a deliberate kick is violent conduct

Because it was an attempted challenge, allbeit a terrible one. There wasn't malicious intent.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 05 Oct 2020 10:08

Old Man Andrews
Franchise FC
Old Man Andrews If we ever get sin bins at the top level (hopefully not) I think that sort of challenge is the kind of thing that warrants 10 minutes off the pitch. Didn't intend to cause harm but it was deliberate.

Because it was an attempted challenge, allbeit a terrible one. There wasn't malicious intent.

I'm struggling to see how that was an attempted challenge, he was at least a yard or more away from the ball

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 05 Oct 2020 10:12

Franchise FC
Old Man Andrews
Franchise FC He's deliberately kicked an opponent - how is that not violent conduct ?

I'm struggling to see how that was an attempted challenge, he was at least a yard or more away from the ball

I didn't say it was a good attempt. Under the laws of the game it wasn't violent conduct. The challenge wasn't high, wasn't two footed and the player was in control. It wasn't a kick out or a lash out either. Was just a bad foul and was rightly punished with a yellow card. In this era of VAR the ref would have been encouraged to view the monitor if there was any chance he made a mistake. Let it go, you're wrong.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 05 Oct 2020 11:27

Excluding the keeper that back 4 cost around £200 million which is a hell of a lot of money even in today's world.
The right-back can tackle but not much else.
The two centre-backs are ponderous and slow.
The left-back hasn't got a clue about anything other than pies.

Lol@ Evra in the studio, coming over all emotional and his only suggestion being buy, buy, buy rather than coach, coach, coach.
Very few people can understand why the club has focused so much on Sancho and less so on defensive players, although I understand another left-back is on his way there.

As For Bruno Fernandes being one of the best midfielders in Europe, has all the praise gone to his head as he has been anonymous in the Brighton and Spurs games apart from when it comes to taking penalties.
Having said that, they get so many penalties (yesterday's was nailed on though) that having a player like an NFL kicker to just take set-pieces may well be worthwhile but yesterday the 3 of him Matic and Pogba were dire.

Thanks Brobot for taking just a bit of the Liverpool flak away but at least Liverpool do have the options of bringing in Alisson, Tiago, Henderson and Mane whereas Man Utd have............................................? :wink:

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 05 Oct 2020 11:28

You have no right to comment on Manchester United. You support Liverpool so stay quiet and pipe down.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 05 Oct 2020 15:15

Old Man Andrews You have no right to comment on Manchester United. You support Liverpool so stay quiet and pipe down.

With no job to go to you support yourself so pipe back down.
BTW when did you get appointed as the fat controller of this entire site?
Clown.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 06 Oct 2020 13:17

Guardian reported that United backed off the Sancho deal in part due to his wage demands and those of his agent - salary and agents fees reportedly adding £107m to the transfer cost, to a total of £227m. Iirc it was a similar story with Haaland, where United withdrew because Raiola wanted a billion quid.

I fcuking hate agents.

I mean, what is an agent? The point is that they facilitate a transfer, negotiate contracts etc. Now they seem just like another middle-man who needs a wedge for a transfer to happen.

I know an agent - Dad of someone I used to work with, and he owns a big £2m property in Surrey. It's at least clear to me now how he affords something like that when the most well known players he has ever had on his books are George Savile and Jacob Mellis, formerly Chelsea academy.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Oct 2020 18:51

Franchise FC
Old Man Andrews
Franchise FC He's deliberately kicked an opponent - how is that not violent conduct ?

I don't think you can call it a kick (though it's more a violent kick than the mild push to the face area that Martial did) really, it's more a trip.

It's certainly not a challenge. There's absolutely zero attempt or intent to play the ball. It's man all the way. It's just not really violent or dangerous.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 17 Oct 2020 22:09

8)

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 17 Oct 2020 22:12

‘Result of the day’ thread?

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 20 Oct 2020 22:08

8)

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 28 Oct 2020 21:35

United have been really good against Leipzig. Rashford has been lethal since coming on, delighted for him.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 28 Oct 2020 21:51

Old Man Andrews United have been really good against Leipzig. Rashford has been lethal since coming on, delighted for him.

8) Hatrick for Rashford as sub

5-0

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 28 Oct 2020 21:59

Leipzig really arent a good team though tbh. They've done nothing in football.

5763 posts