LOL @ the FA

13 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
TheMaraudingDog

LOL @ the FA

by TheMaraudingDog » 12 Oct 2011 11:39

And all their flapping around over the up-coming Rooney suspension.

Hypercritical twats.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

Re: LOL @ the FA

by Row Z Royal » 12 Oct 2011 12:51

TheMaraudingDog
Hypercritical twats.

lol

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 12 Oct 2011 13:04

TheMaraudingDog And all their flapping around over the up-coming Rooney suspension.

Hypercritical twats.

United
Celtic
Argentina

TheMaraudingDog

by TheMaraudingDog » 12 Oct 2011 14:48

Celtic? :|

TheMaraudingDog

by TheMaraudingDog » 12 Oct 2011 14:59

Obvs I didn’t write this but…

In April this year Wayne Rooney received a ban for having the cheek to show passion about scoring a hat trick after being two – nil down. He received a two match ban for swearing and consequently missed the F.A.Cup semi final against City.
As a Manchester United fan it was amusing to watch the bandwagon unfold, ex players, politicians, managers, pundits people from all walks of life suddenly reveal that they are offended by swearing on a football field. It gathers momentum – people calling for six month bans and point deductions. Anything to give their team an advantage against Manchester United, anything to disrupt the best player in the Premier League.

In football swearing is rife from grass roots to senior pros. Its always been that way, yet all of a sudden people believe that Rooney’s outburst was the first time their precious ears had been offended by such language.
I guarantee that every ex-professional who slammed Rooney for his outburst has shouted uglier swear words on a football field that have been picked up on camera. I’ve watched the live streaming of the houses of parliament - it so abusive and obscene that you would have thought someone spilt caviar down their shirt. Lastly, parents, if you think that your little boy does not swear in the playground, on a football pitch or with his friends, If you think that the culture of on-line gaming and internet trawling does not entail someone swearing down a camera at them, then you are so far detached from reality that the F.A. may be sending you an application form.

I’m not saying that it is right, nor am I condoning it, however EVERYBODY involved in football swears, that is why this event last season in all my time watching football was the most gut-sickening passage of hypocrisy that I had ever seen. Until now…..
Last week England played an international against Montenegro and mid-way through the second half Wayne Rooney was sent off for kicking out at an opponent. After the red card Rooney apologised and walked off the field without showing any dissent.
This red card could result in anything between a one and four match ban. However with England’s next competitive matches after the last qualifier being the group stages at the European championships, the F.A. are concerned that England might already be out of the competition before Wayne Rooney is allowed to play again.

The holier than thou Football Association came out after the game stating that they would make an appeal to UEFA in the event that the England striker would receive more than a one-match ban.
A spokesman for the F.A. claimed they would appeal on the grounds that he apologised straight afterwards and that the referee commended his acceptance of the dismissal.
There are some similarities hear, because back in April Manchester United made an appeal against a two match ban on the same basis that Rooney was remorseful and apologised.
However Trevor Brooking had this to say:
“The powers that be have got to sit down and say ‘look, to help everyone you’ve got to get a consistency, for the referee so they know whatever decision they take there is going to be a general support from the different bodies that are represented’,” he added.
Therefore in the words of a Football Association member, nobody should interfere with decisions that are made and that their body – the F.A. – would back any action taken by the referee.
The F.A. director of communications Adrian Bevington said that an appeal is: “something we will have to consider” and goes on to say: “We obviously have our own legal people looking through the regulations and we are fully up to speed as to where we stand with that.”

If the F.A. are fully up to speed then surely they know that you cannot appeal and get a reduction in the suspension, after all they said that under no uncertain terms should they overrule a referee last April. And, if their legal people can find a loop hole to do this – why was this not considered six months ago when Rooney’s ban was appealed by Manchester United?

Are the F.A. trying to portray that kicking someone on the field is less of a crime than swearing?
The F.A’s hypocrisy has been well and truly ousted this week and they have shown that if it is Manchester United they are willing to give the maximum punishment possible for a made-up-on-the-spot charge for Rooney, however, THE oldest and THE original sending-off offence of kicking another player somehow does not apply to The F.A. and England on this occasion, despite it being the same player.
Same player, same colour card shown by the referee, but a rule about swearing that the F.A. created on April 5th 2011 just for Wayne Rooney and for Manchester United supersedes a UEFA rule that is over 1oo years old.

I hope that UEFA give him the maximum ban possible because for all those hypocrites at the F.A. who believed swearing was worth a two match ban – your comeuppance has arrived – your star player will not feature at the European Championships and any appeal will be dismissed just like every Manchester United appeal to you down the years.
I remember Italia ’90. I remember the Gazza posters on my wall. I remember playing football in my back garden and shouting ‘Lineker’ when I scored. I shed a tear with Stuart Pearce. I remember three Lions on a shirt, I remember football coming home. Then one day the F.A. pulled the carpet from under me and proved to me what a cynical, jealous, tyrannical corporation is running this country’s football. Manchester is my country now; and I’m am content in the fact that I have seen them become world champions twice.

So this is what it feels like dear Football Association when the shoe is on the other foot. I hope the bully becomes the bully victim, I hope the oppressor becomes the oppressed, because after your smug antics towards the team that has provided you with all your stars over the years, after Eric Cantona’s ban, after Rio Ferdinand’s ban, after saying we cant play in the F.A. cup in 2000 because of your little World Cup bid, after Patrice Evra’s ban, Rooney’s ban, the Sir Alex Ferguson witch hunt. After David Beckham in 1998 and Rooney in 2006, Gary Neville celebrating and your amusement in England fans singing anti-United songs; I have waited a long, long time to see this bullet fly.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 12 Oct 2011 15:40

I'm a bit torn because while I agree that the FA can't have their cake and eat it I have to go against the main gist of that rant as it's incredibly bitter and paranoid

FTR if the FA wanted to sort out swearing they should have done Rooney a few years back when he didn't stop swearing directly at the officials throughout a game at Highbury (?)

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 12 Oct 2011 15:43

It's that last paragraph.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 12 Oct 2011 19:22

What a victimisation complex

Scylla

by Scylla » 14 Oct 2011 23:01

Self pity is a popular phrase that springs to mind.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 15 Oct 2011 07:52

Lol at bringing up the camera incident. Why can't people see the difference between being caught swearing on camera and swearing into a camera?

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 18 Oct 2011 23:30

TheMaraudingDog In April this year Wayne Rooney received a ban for having the cheek to show passion about scoring a hat trick after being two – nil down.

Didn't he shout "f*ck off" down a camera lens, in a televised game which would have been watched by several million?

I didn't bother reading any of what I assume was a persecution complex of a rant after this tbh.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 19 Oct 2011 09:12

"So this is what it feels like dear Football Association when the shoe is on the other foot. I hope the bully becomes the bully victim, I hope the oppressor becomes the oppressed, because after your smug antics towards the team that has provided you with all your stars over the years, after Eric Cantona’s ban, after Rio Ferdinand’s ban, after saying we cant play in the F.A. cup in 2000 because of your little World Cup bid, after Patrice Evra’s ban, Rooney’s ban, the Sir Alex Ferguson witch hunt. After David Beckham in 1998 and Rooney in 2006, Gary Neville celebrating and your amusement in England fans singing anti-United songs; I have waited a long, long time to see this bullet fly."

:lol:

What a bitter tool

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 19 Oct 2011 09:54

13 posts   •   Page 1 of 1