Re: Pompey going bust could help us go up

by muddyfeet » 01 Mar 2012 18:02

Wow really?

JC
Hob Nob Regular

by JC » 01 Mar 2012 18:02

I poste this elsewhere

At the moment if all teams won their games in hand (impossible I know) then the final table would be

West Ham 103
Saints 101
Reading 99
Birmingham 96
Hull 96
Cardiff 95
Boro 95
Blackpool 94
Brighton 92

If Pompey dropped out the figures would be

Saints 97
West Ham 97
Reading 96
Blackpool 93
Cardiff 91
Boro 91
Birmingham 90
Hull 90
Brighton 86

So we would be an effective 1 point off 2nd. The other winners would be Blackpool and the big losers are Birmingham who drop out of the playoffs

At the other end the club to worry would be Millwall who would only be an effective 1 point off the drop zone (assuming that becomes 2 clubs)

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Portsmouth fc

by Friday's Legacy » 01 Mar 2012 18:11

they really are pushing their luck now aren't they? surely a new cva can't be agreed at 4p in the pound. at some point you have to draw a line and say enough is enough, and that time is upon us.

start your new club and enjoy the togetherness of coming back through the leagues. it wont take long to get back if you're committed, and have a bit of backing.

just out of interest - as the club doesn't own the land around the stadium, or the training ground, or the academy, who owns the stadium?

could portsmouth reform and still use it, or would it finally be sold and built on if portsmouth football club are liquidated?

tuesday should make for a good atmosphere. do we know how many they're bringing?

looking at their website if they want tickets they have to call reading fc directly, not their own club. shows how little we trust them, and a smart move too.

also worth a laugh; they're next three away games appear to be reading, brighton and southampton. they are well and truly in trouble.

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 01 Mar 2012 18:26

Any good links to their forums? Bound to be some inbreds saying it isn't fair, I want some lolz

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 01 Mar 2012 18:33

would have been nice for them to have winded up by tuesday before we play them!

Royal Monk

by Royal Monk » 01 Mar 2012 18:36

Portsmouth Football Club Statement:

Trevor Birch, partner at PKF and joint administrator of Portsmouth Football Club, has made the following statement:

“Following our discussions with the Premier League and Football League over the past few days, it has emerged that Portsmouth Football Club is unlikely to receive any further parachute payments or other league funding.
“We had previously stated that there was a real danger of the club running out of cash before the end of the season. The risk of this happening increases substantially without the money from the football authorities. Unless something significant happens, there is a real possibility that we may not be able to fulfil the season’s fixtures.

“One potential issue appears to come from the assignment of £2.2 million of parachute payments that was made by the old company to a previous owner. We have instructed lawyers to challenge this, but the process may take time.

“The club is also still owed nearly £300,000 by the CSI administrators and their lawyers, who are withholding the funds as payment for their work in applying to court for administration. PKF is talking to its lawyers to see if this money can be returned to the club.

“Despite the tremendous support that we’ve received from everyone involved with Portsmouth Football Club, it seems that the club isn’t getting any of the breaks that it needs. The more we uncover, the worse the picture appears to get.

“The only consolation I can give supporters, staff and players at the moment is that my PKF colleagues and I have not given up hope and will continue to do all we can to save the club. But the clock is ticking.

“We are looking at all possible options for raising further revenues in the very short term but we realise that there is only so much that can be realistically achieved. We will update you on the situation as often as we can, but keep in mind that the situation will change on a daily basis

“The local community has certainly risen to the challenge. The attendance at last Saturday’s game against Leeds was one of the highest of the season, a number of fundraising ideas have been proposed and supporters have already raised several thousand pounds to buy tickets for future matches for the local community. That will help.

“Their commitment has been one of the few positives in an otherwise very challenging fortnight. It also gives me and my colleagues even more motivation to do everything in our power to secure the club’s future.

“As you’d expect, several people have got in touch with us since our appointment as administrators and made enquiries about buying the club. We are assessing every case and will make contact with anyone that we believe could be a serious bidder over the next few days.

“Any potential bidders will need to be prepared to make a major investment in the club because the outlook for next season looks challenging unless we can sell some players in the summer.”

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 01 Mar 2012 18:39

JC I poste this elsewhere

At the moment if all teams won their games in hand (impossible I know) then the final table would be

West Ham 103
Saints 101
Reading 99
Birmingham 96
Hull 96
Cardiff 95
Boro 95
Blackpool 94
Brighton 92

If Pompey dropped out the figures would be

Saints 97
West Ham 97
Reading 96
Blackpool 93
Cardiff 91
Boro 91
Birmingham 90
Hull 90
Brighton 86

So we would be an effective 1 point off 2nd. The other winners would be Blackpool and the big losers are Birmingham who drop out of the playoffs

At the other end the club to worry would be Millwall who would only be an effective 1 point off the drop zone (assuming that becomes 2 clubs)

If you concern yourself with the top three only, and assume we'll win all our games, and West Ham will win all theirs bar the one with us it looks like:
West Ham 100
Reading 99
Saints 95

Factor in Pompey liquidating -
Reading 96
West Ham 94
Saints 91

Swap West Ham for Saints and it looks like this:
Reading 99
Saints 98
West Ham 97

Factor in Pompey liquidation
Reading 96
Saints 94
West Ham 91

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 01 Mar 2012 18:42

But what if Pompey go bust and we lose at West Ham
but West Ham draw two on the trot away 0-0 and then
we beat Southampton but they manage WWWDWWW
and then we only manage a draw at Birmingham who
had a blinder except for their April games?

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 01 Mar 2012 19:02

Portsmouth Football Club Statement
Trevor Birch, partner at PKF and joint administrator of Portsmouth Football Club, has made the following statement:

“Following our discussions with the Premier League and Football League over the past few days, it has emerged that Portsmouth Football Club is unlikely to receive any further parachute payments or other league funding.
“We had previously stated that there was a real danger of the club running out of cash before the end of the season. The risk of this happening increases substantially without the money from the football authorities. Unless something significant happens, there is a real possibility that we may not be able to fulfil the season’s fixtures.

“One potential issue appears to come from the assignment of £2.2 million of parachute payments that was made by the old company to a previous owner. We have instructed lawyers to challenge this, but the process may take time.

“The club is also still owed nearly £300,000 by the CSI administrators and their lawyers, who are withholding the funds as payment for their work in applying to court for administration. PKF is talking to its lawyers to see if this money can be returned to the club.

“Despite the tremendous support that we’ve received from everyone involved with Portsmouth Football Club, it seems that the club isn’t getting any of the breaks that it needs. The more we uncover, the worse the picture appears to get.

“The only consolation I can give supporters, staff and players at the moment is that my PKF colleagues and I have not given up hope and will continue to do all we can to save the club. But the clock is ticking.

“We are looking at all possible options for raising further revenues in the very short term but we realise that there is only so much that can be realistically achieved. We will update you on the situation as often as we can, but keep in mind that the situation will change on a daily basis

“The local community has certainly risen to the challenge. The attendance at last Saturday’s game against Leeds was one of the highest of the season, a number of fundraising ideas have been proposed and supporters have already raised several thousand pounds to buy tickets for future matches for the local community. That will help.

“Their commitment has been one of the few positives in an otherwise very challenging fortnight. It also gives me and my colleagues even more motivation to do everything in our power to secure the club’s future.

“As you’d expect, several people have got in touch with us since our appointment as administrators and made enquiries about buying the club. We are assessing every case and will make contact with anyone that we believe could be a serious bidder over the next few days.

“Any potential bidders will need to be prepared to make a major investment in the club because the outlook for next season looks challenging unless we can sell some players in the summer.”

Oh do fcuk off please.

Personally, I've had enough of this. Fold them now. Expunge their league record. Take the bell off the annoying twat and shove it up his arse.

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 01 Mar 2012 19:10

Royal Monk Portsmouth statement : the club isn’t getting any of the breaks that it needs .”

:lol:

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 01 Mar 2012 20:11

Portsmouth Football Club Statement “The local community has certainly risen to the challenge. The attendance at last Saturday’s game against Leeds was one of the highest of the season, a number of fundraising ideas have been proposed and supporters have already raised several thousand pounds

only because leeds took around 4000+ fans to fratton park. local support turning out in numbers i don't think so.

East End Lady

by East End Lady » 01 Mar 2012 20:36

Can they please not go bust before tuesday's game my niece is a mascot as her birthday present and she is so looking forward to this

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 01 Mar 2012 20:38

Putting all that crap aside a second, it does seem that the administrators are working their absolute balls off to save that club. They are being brutally honestly and respectful in general and appear to be doing what everyone should have done as soon as this situation arose...maybe pompey would never be in this mess now if that team was in there when it all began.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 01 Mar 2012 20:57

FiNeRaIn Putting all that crap aside a second, it does seem that the administrators are working their absolute balls off to save that club. They are being brutally honestly and respectful in general and appear to be doing what everyone should have done as soon as this situation arose...maybe pompey would never be in this mess now if that team was in there when it all began.

Agree with this, if the Pompey owners had shown anything like this diligence and respect for the proper running of a football club, Pompey would not be in this position.

Any 'potential bidders' seriously considering this investment should immediately be struck off as not 'suitable persons', for they would clearly be clinically insane.

M U R T Y

by M U R T Y » 01 Mar 2012 21:04

It won't happen, how many clubs have been in administration over the past, say 10 years? And how many have been liquidated?

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 01 Mar 2012 21:06

Agreed. If portsmouth do stay afloat it should be these guys that oversee and find a suitable takeover. Its also imperative they have at least some long term input into the running of the club.

exileinleeds
Hob Nob Addict

by exileinleeds » 01 Mar 2012 21:10

Can't even be taken over by Bad Company now....

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompe ... _1_3580739

I particularly liked this bit:

‘There are just too many cumbersome and fiscally imprudent contracts signed that in our view would only further plunder the club all over again even if someone could buy it for zero pounds sterling since the loss carried forward is insurmountable.

Rax

by Rax » 01 Mar 2012 21:29

Royal With Cheese
Portsmouth Football Club Statement

Oh do fcuk off please.

Personally, I've had enough of this. Fold them now. Expunge their league record. Take the bell off the annoying twat and shove it up his arse.

^^^^ what this man says!

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 01 Mar 2012 21:32

We really need to see 2-3-4-5 clubs go to the wall

the bigger the better

at some point football has to get its house in order or one day the whole damn thing might implode

I read yesterday that all-bar 3 clubs in the championship are losing money at a rate between 5 and 10 mill

I don't know how precisely accurate that is, but it's simply not right

I feel sorry for the ordinary Pompey fan but I dearly hope the club folds

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 01 Mar 2012 21:32

Porstmouth Idiot "So basically the biggest issue now is the player contracts. If there was no Football Creditors rule these players could be sacked and we may have a chance. Come on then all you big earners, time to stand up and demonstrate what this club means to you. Rip up your contracts and move on."

Those would be the contracts put in place to attract players you couldn't afford to pay in the first place and, by the looks of it, the previous administrators knew they couldn't pay?

I presume the players will demonstrate exactly what the club means to them and maintain their contracts are paid in full.

1559 posts