Portsmouth fc

1559 posts
Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Portsmouth fc

by Tony Le Mesmer » 02 Mar 2012 09:40

soggy biscuit 10-15 years ago I would have cared more but AFC Wimbledon have shown that you can get back again fairly swiftly, and it looked like they had a good time along the way

Any Pheonix club will have to wait until at least 2013-14 to start up, its just too late now for the start of next season.

Cobi
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Pompey going bust could help us go up

by Cobi » 02 Mar 2012 09:42

loyalroyal4life Reported debts of £100m, not sure how they are going to get out of this, nevertheless the fans will need a new team to support. Come join us come join us come join us over here!

Then instead of increasing to 38k we can increase to 42k. :wink: :D

Spirit of Elm Park

by Spirit of Elm Park » 02 Mar 2012 10:23

Just feel it needs to be pointed out that although West Ham would appear to lose out in this potential dropping of Portsmouth from the record, the league table would still be an accurate representation of the season so far, it would clearly show that against the other teams, to this point, anyone above West Ham, has done better. And would deserve their place.

JC
Hob Nob Regular

by JC » 02 Mar 2012 10:50

Spirit of Elm Park Just feel it needs to be pointed out that although West Ham would appear to lose out in this potential dropping of Portsmouth from the record, the league table would still be an accurate representation of the season so far, it would clearly show that against the other teams, to this point, anyone above West Ham, has done better. And would deserve their place.

They would not lose out by much. At present if teams won games in hand then West Ham would be 2 points above Saints. If Pompey record was expunged the equivalent position is that West Ham and Saints would be equal top with Reading 1 point behind

Cobi
Hob Nob Regular

by Cobi » 02 Mar 2012 10:54

Dare to Dr£am
weybridgewanderer Rumours abound that pompie can;t afford to pay for their team bus.

As Reading is not so far, is the hope the players drive up independently and park in the HP car park?

As long as they pay for the parking as we all have to! :evil:

Doncaster and Nottingham seem to be their longest journeys left. They get a little lucky there.

DelBoyRodders
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by DelBoyRodders » 02 Mar 2012 11:14

Pompey deserve to be liquidated and I hope they are.
They've cheated us all for years.
The Mandaric and Redknapp legacy lives on!

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 02 Mar 2012 11:21

It would be great if Tuesday night is their last ever game!

We could be there to see the sun setting on the cheating bar-stewards once and for all. Good riddance I say.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 02 Mar 2012 11:32

JC
Spirit of Elm Park Just feel it needs to be pointed out that although West Ham would appear to lose out in this potential dropping of Portsmouth from the record, the league table would still be an accurate representation of the season so far, it would clearly show that against the other teams, to this point, anyone above West Ham, has done better. And would deserve their place.

They would not lose out by much. At present if teams won games in hand then West Ham would be 2 points above Saints. If Pompey record was expunged the equivalent position is that West Ham and Saints would be equal top with Reading 1 point behind

That doesn't make sense. We have played the same number of games as West Ham, and are 4 points behind them. They would lose 6 points, we would lose 0.

Royal We
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal We » 02 Mar 2012 11:56

Wycombe Royal
JC

That doesn't make sense. We have played the same number of games as West Ham, and are 4 points behind them. They would lose 6 points, we would lose 0.

He's correct. If Pompey's record were expunged today , Wham would have 14 games to play and we would only have 13. If they won that game in hand, they'd have one more point than us.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 02 Mar 2012 12:07

Royal We
Wycombe Royal
JC They would not lose out by much. At present if teams won games in hand then West Ham would be 2 points above Saints. If Pompey record was expunged the equivalent position is that West Ham and Saints would be equal top with Reading 1 point behind

He's correct. If Pompey's record were expunged today , Wham would have 14 games to play and we would only have 13. If they won that game in hand, they'd have one more point than us.

I get it now, my brain is tired after staring at Excel spreadsheets all day and I apologise unreservedly to JC for doubting him.

My head is hanging in shame.

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 02 Mar 2012 12:07

...if theres any definite sign at all of Pompey going out of business.. you can bet your bottom dollar that Mortimer & Randolph Duke (Sullivan & Gold) will hatch some plan to support the purchase of the club albeit not in their names...so as to save the Sham losing the 6 points ! ... :shock:

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 02 Mar 2012 12:17

Snowball We really need to see 2-3-4-5 clubs go to the wall

Wow, if two thousand three hundred and forty five clubs go bust we are in a really sorry state! :wink:

Allyh84

by Allyh84 » 02 Mar 2012 12:21

:( But I enjoy Tuesday home games and haven't been to one in ages, so I hope they last past then. /selfish response

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 02 Mar 2012 12:21

DOYLERSAROYALER ...if theres any definite sign at all of Pompey going out of business.. you can bet your bottom dollar that Mortimer & Randolph Duke (Sullivan & Gold) will hatch some plan to support the purchase of the club albeit not in their names...so as to save the Sham losing the 6 points ! ... :shock:

Their pockets aren't deep enough.

They'd be better spending on loan players or trusting that their already strong squad can keep them in the auto spots.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 02 Mar 2012 12:26

loyalroyal4life Reported debts of £100m, not sure how they are going to get out of this, nevertheless the fans will need a new team to support. Come join us come join us come join us over here!

:| No thanks.

Our simpering, middle-class fanbase > their chav-army of hooped-earring wearing sailors.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 02 Mar 2012 12:33

andrew1957 It would be great if Tuesday night is their last ever game!

We could be there to see the sun setting on the cheating bar-stewards once and for all. Good riddance I say.

Or more likely they'll be kicked out of the league at 6:30pm, by which time I'll already be down the Madj dressed in my usual jester hat, replica shirt, scarves on either wrist and face paint :evil:

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 02 Mar 2012 12:40

Nah, they all pop down to Southampton, and....

Oh.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 02 Mar 2012 12:42

It would obviously be best for everyone concerned if the Pompey players walked out at half time, because they had to catch their train back to fratton. We gain from the expunging of results, justice is served wrt financial doping and Floyd doesn't feel he's wasted his spacktard paraphernalia

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 02 Mar 2012 12:43

Z175 It could be brinkmanship with creditors, and part of me cynically expects the FL to pull out all the stops to allow them to compete until 1 May, as the 60m promotion jackpot could lead to a legal mess. The QPR whitewash of last year shows that.

Can't see that one, frankly. It has to be a pretty much standard rule (expunge results etc)
and has happened at most levels

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 02 Mar 2012 12:48

:lol: I'm going back to Portsmouth that night so i'd give Kitson a lift home. Halford can do one though.

1559 posts