by Winston Biscuit » 12 Apr 2021 20:33

How have I never seen Bursaspor's stadium before?! :D

Ark Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Football Stadia - Past, Present & Future

by Ark Royal » 16 Apr 2021 15:00

Winston Biscuit How have I never seen Bursaspor's stadium before?! :D

Fun factoid: the word 'arena' is banned from Turkish stadium names. That Recep Tayyip Erdogan, he's a lad.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 28 May 2021 15:05

New Riverside Stand at the Cottage coming along nicely

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4pNNlxXkok

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 28 May 2021 16:38

The view from the Thames looking at the back of the stand is soooooooo impressive.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 01 Jun 2021 10:36

RG30 New Riverside Stand at the Cottage coming along nicely

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4pNNlxXkok

Excellent - thanks for sharing - impressive building works - look forward to seeing the finished results.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 10 Aug 2021 10:16

Interesting developments at Salford City. Lots of talk themselves & Sale Sharks (Rugby Union) will buy the AJ Bell Stadium off the local council while the Salford Red Devils (Rugby League) will move to Moor Lane.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 12 Aug 2021 15:53

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 12 Aug 2021 15:57

Is that a multi-story car park at a football stadium? oxf*rd that for a laugh.

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 14 Aug 2021 09:24

Hendo

Is that a multi-story car park at a football stadium? oxf*rd that for a laugh.

It’s not as if you will have 1200 cars trying to leave at exactly the same…..oh! Visions of IKEA Calcot lol

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 20 Aug 2021 10:31

Nice story about what is hapeneing with Bootham Crescent, and in particular how bits of it are being preserved.

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2021/aug/19/york-city-consults-fans-over-relatives-ashes-in-pitch-memorial-project

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 21 Aug 2021 11:54

Dirk Gently Nice story about what is hapeneing with Bootham Crescent, and in particular how bits of it are being preserved.

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2021/aug/19/york-city-consults-fans-over-relatives-ashes-in-pitch-memorial-project

Thanks for posting that, it is an interesting read as you say. Got me thinking if we did anything about any ashes that may have been buried under the pitch at Elm Park. Did we just plonk the houses on top without a thought, I honestly can’t remember what was done, religious ceremony etc?

As for Bootham Crescent I didn’t go back after the 1-0 defeat in 93-94. I wonder if the ball is still in orbit from Jimmy’s penalty attempt lol?!

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 21 Aug 2021 12:04

Mr Optimist
Dirk Gently Nice story about what is hapeneing with Bootham Crescent, and in particular how bits of it are being preserved.

Thanks for posting that, it is an interesting read as you say. Got me thinking if we did anything about any ashes that may have been buried under the pitch at Elm Park. Did we just plonk the houses on top without a thought, I honestly can’t remember what was done, religious ceremony etc?

As for Bootham Crescent I didn’t go back after the 1-0 defeat in 93-94. I wonder if the ball is still in orbit from Jimmy’s penalty attempt lol?!

Last I heard was it got knocked out of orbit by Liam Moore’s attempt at Wembley

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 21 Aug 2021 21:35

Franchise FC
Mr Optimist

Last I heard was it got knocked out of orbit by Liam Moore’s attempt at Wembley

You're both wrong. It took out one of the golf balls at RAF Fylingdales before being shot down over the North Sea by an F15.

I did return to Bootham Crescent one more time after that game and we contrived to lose 2-0 in the cup, the highlight of which was me missing their second goal because their skanky burger van gave me the shits.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 04 Sep 2021 17:12

Pordenone in Serie B

There was a time last season when the waterpark was open but no crowds were allowed in the ground due to covid so fans congregated on the stairs & the top of the waterslides to watch matches

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 05 Sep 2021 08:51

Winston Biscuit Pordenone in Serie B

There was a time last season when the waterpark was open but no crowds were allowed in the ground due to covid so fans congregated on the stairs & the top of the waterslides to watch matches

Yet more nonsense from the world of Covid restrictions :lol:

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 18 Sep 2021 12:34

Dartford

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 18 Sep 2021 13:52

Stolen off Jonathan Low's twitter feed but the YouTube video shows the latest monthly update

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nr5SXiHFSLQ

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 19 Sep 2021 18:35

Was reading about Venezia's stadium.

Being in Venice there is water on 2 sides so a fair few people use boats to get there

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 22 Sep 2021 12:29

The proposed expansion of the Anfield Road Stand will move forward, Liverpool FC has confirmed today.

The project, which has been undergoing enabling works throughout the off-season in anticipation, will begin in earnest with an official ground-breaking ceremony planned for next week.

The redevelopment of the stand will see 7,000 more seats added to Anfield, taking its overall capacity to more than 61,000. The construction of the stand will work in the same way as the redeveloped Main Stand, with the build taking place throughout the season while matches continue to be played throughout.

Andy Hughes, managing director of Liverpool FC, said: “We have been clear from the beginning that in order for this expansion to go ahead we needed the co-operation of local residents and the community, to successfully navigate the complex planning landscape, and to ensure the project is financially viable.

“We needed certainty for this project to progress and are now in a position to be able to move forward. We began this journey in 2014 and are grateful to everyone for the contributions they have made to bring the project to this stage.”

Following two stages of public consultation and invaluable feedback on the initial plans, Anfield Road’s expansion project will reroute Anfield Road itself around the footprint of the new stand.

The project was given planning permission by Liverpool City Council in June 2021, with the club also awarded permission to hold up to six concerts and major events at the stadium for a period of five seasons.

The club will work with Buckingham Group Contracting Ltd (Buckingham) as principal contractor on the project.

Buckingham will work directly with the club’s Red Neighbours initiative on a range of activities with the local community and schools in line with the club’s current activities across food poverty, education and opportunities for young people, as well as taking the local community on the journey of the stand’s redevelopment.

They will also work with local employment groups and education establishments to offer work experience, apprenticeships, graduate placements and employment to local people. Buckingham is committed to offering around 35 work placements and more than 800 apprentice and training weeks across the build.

When complete, the expanded Anfield Road Stand is expected to create around 400 matchday roles in addition to the 2,200 people currently employed in various operations at each home game, of which 95 per cent are known to live in the Liverpool City Region.

The redeveloped Anfield Road Stand is anticipated to be ready for the 2023-24 season and its design will see the lower tier retained and refurbished with a new upper tier built above it. As well as an increased capacity, the redeveloped stand will be similar to the Main Stand, with improved concourses and sports bar lounge hospitality facilities. This stand will also see the relocation of the Family Park to a covered position.

Throughout the design process, careful consideration has once again been given to Anfield’s world-class atmosphere through the development of an acoustic and lighting strategy to match that of the one developed with the Main Stand.

Part of the safe, secure and inclusive design plans will also provide additional pedestrian routes at the back of the expanded stand into Stanley Park, retain the four-stand stadium configuration and character, and include historical design references.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/444151-anfield-road-stand-expansion-confirmed

Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

by Whore Jackie » 22 Sep 2021 12:49

Will make Anfield the 3rd biggest club stadium in England. Everton's new ground of 52,888 will move them above Newcastle into 6th place. Not opening until the season after Liverpool finish theirs though. Chelsea seem to have been very quiet with their redevelopment plans.

Old Trafford 75,731
Tottenham Hotspur Stadium 62,850
Emirates Stadium 60,260
London Stadium 60,000
Etihad Stadium 55,097
Anfield 54,074
St James' Park 52,404
Stadium of Light 49,000
Villa Park 42,573
Stamford Bridge 41,841
Goodison Park 40,394

712 posts