Re: Euro 2012 - Group Stages

by Simon's Church » 12 Jun 2012 17:06

2-0 GROFLeece

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 12 Jun 2012 17:10

Thought i'd go make myself a cuppa just as kick off - get back to my desk and its 2-0 :x

Gus the teenage cow
Hob Nob Regular
Location: "God is dead"-Nietzsche 1882................."Nietzsche is dead"-God 1900

by Gus the teenage cow » 12 Jun 2012 18:38

Maguire Life is too short to waste your time on one way love. Nothing more cringeworthy than English people toadying up to the Micks, banging on about the craic or trying to claim some distant family link to the emerald isle.

Fukk the lot of them. Fukk their bitter hate. Fukk the chip on their shoulder. Fukk thinking you're hilarious because you tallk quickly in a mick accent. You're not funny, you're acunt. Fcuk o'neills. Fukk colcannon. Fukk Beamish stout. Fcuk point to point racing. Fukk pikeys. Fukk the blarney stone. Fukk Waterford crystal. Fukk leprechauns. And fukk Shane Long.

Der's more to Oireland dan dis?

No, der isn't.

to be fair, you have a point about beamish - it tastes like what I imagine piss tastes like, who drinks it?

on the english hate, it's not really here anymore, more a kind of apathy now, seems like there's more hate coming from your end - indeed having watched the england v france games in various pubs around Galway city it's fair to say the majority were cheering for england or just completely disinterested by hodgson's borefest tactics, I can understand Trap playing agricultural football with our limited squad of players but england have some decent players and are capable of better, worrying thing about Chelsea's CL win is it is encouraging this 10 man defense football

i agree with you about the drunken happy go lucky irish fan image - there's a fair few of them about who just go along to these events to get pissed and wave theit inflatible hammers about and wear fake ginger beards - i don't really like them especially as most of them don't care if we win or lose and know very little about football but just like to jump on any passing bandwagon that gives them an excuse to make a complete idiot out of themselves and look like they belong to some kind of cool club that everybody loves when in fact they just look like tits

ireland are gone already

england will draw all three games and it will depend on other results if they qualify

The Rouge
Hob Nob Regular

by The Rouge » 12 Jun 2012 18:52

Jarosik to score first and Czechs to win 2-1 scorecast 8)

(losing money if Czechs qualify though)

superreadingfan

by superreadingfan » 12 Jun 2012 19:10

hi gus

RFCSPACE

by RFCSPACE » 12 Jun 2012 19:21

3-1 Russia Kherzakov first scorer, doubt he'll miss so many chances again. Hopefully better quality than the previous game.

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 12 Jun 2012 19:27

Russia to win on the pitch, Poland to win off

chilipepper91
Hob Nob Regular

by chilipepper91 » 12 Jun 2012 19:32

RFCSPACE 3-1 Russia Kherzakov first scorer, doubt he'll miss so many chances again. Hopefully better quality than the previous game.

Also on 3-1 Russia, had 2-0 Czech Republic earlier - well Petr didn't cost his team anything in the end but he cost me money :twisted: Also got these two scores in a double so if this one ends 3-1 I shan't be pleased :cry:

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 12 Jun 2012 20:50

Gus the teenage cow
Maguire Life is too short to waste your time on one way love. Nothing more cringeworthy than English people toadying up to the Micks, banging on about the craic or trying to claim some distant family link to the emerald isle.

Fukk the lot of them. Fukk their bitter hate. Fukk the chip on their shoulder. Fukk thinking you're hilarious because you tallk quickly in a mick accent. You're not funny, you're acunt. Fcuk o'neills. Fukk colcannon. Fukk Beamish stout. Fcuk point to point racing. Fukk pikeys. Fukk the blarney stone. Fukk Waterford crystal. Fukk leprechauns. And fukk Shane Long.

Der's more to Oireland dan dis?

No, der isn't.

to be fair, you have a point about beamish - it tastes like what I imagine piss tastes like, who drinks it?

on the english hate, it's not really here anymore, more a kind of apathy now, seems like there's more hate coming from your end - indeed having watched the england v france games in various pubs around Galway city it's fair to say the majority were cheering for england or just completely disinterested by hodgson's borefest tactics, I can understand Trap playing agricultural football with our limited squad of players but england have some decent players and are capable of better, worrying thing about Chelsea's CL win is it is encouraging this 10 man defense football

i agree with you about the drunken happy go lucky irish fan image - there's a fair few of them about who just go along to these events to get pissed and wave theit inflatible hammers about and wear fake ginger beards - i don't really like them especially as most of them don't care if we win or lose and know very little about football but just like to jump on any passing bandwagon that gives them an excuse to make a complete idiot out of themselves and look like they belong to some kind of cool club that everybody loves when in fact they just look like tits

ireland are gone already

england will draw all three games and it will depend on other results if they qualify

Not sure I deserved such a sensible reply but cheers :D

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 12 Jun 2012 20:56

I have to say the refs have been pretty decent this tournament, in particular not blowing for every contact or falling for players rolling about holding their faces. The games have been much better for it.

They must be under instructions to only give blatent fouls and ignore the niggles.

blindedbythelights

by blindedbythelights » 12 Jun 2012 20:58

Gus the teenage cow

you're an idiot, theres no more fake beard hammer waving Oirish fans than there are loons posting up to england games in full crusader outfits. A dozen or two out of tens of thousands

you sound like a try hard england fan who thinks painting their face and singing 3 lions isnt cool and thus completely misses the point that they (england and ROI) have some of the very best supporters in the world

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 12 Jun 2012 21:03

Possible goal of the tournament there. That was a beaut from the Polish captain. Perfect touch and a perfect hit, all whilst at full pelt.

blindedbythelights

by blindedbythelights » 12 Jun 2012 21:04

for president and peasant

lol

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 12 Jun 2012 21:08

Arshavin always wants to go a touch or player too far. Decent decision making from him and I think Russia would be a couple of goals clear.

1871 Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by 1871 Royal » 12 Jun 2012 21:08

Ian Royal Possible goal of the tournament there. That was a beaut from the Polish captain. Perfect touch and a perfect hit, all whilst at full pelt.

Yep, goal of the tournament so far. Look forward to seeing if there will be a better one as that one was a belter.

who are ya?
Hob Nob Regular

by who are ya? » 12 Jun 2012 22:00

Let the battle of Warsaw resume

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 12 Jun 2012 22:44

Ian Royal Arshavin always wants to go a touch or player too far. Decent decision making from him and I think Russia would be a couple of goals clear.

He was on his knees in the last 10 mins...gave that free-kick away, that nearly led to a Polish winner in added time, because he was so knackered, he couldn't track back.....

Gus the teenage cow
Hob Nob Regular
Location: "God is dead"-Nietzsche 1882................."Nietzsche is dead"-God 1900

by Gus the teenage cow » 13 Jun 2012 00:01

blindedbythelights
Gus the teenage cow

you're an idiot, theres no more fake beard hammer waving Oirish fans than there are loons posting up to england games in full crusader outfits. A dozen or two out of tens of thousands

you sound like a try hard england fan who thinks painting their face and singing 3 lions isnt cool and thus completely misses the point that they (england and ROI) have some of the very best supporters in the world

don't get me wrong, i think ireland and england have great support and always travel in great numbers to support their side, i just don't really appreciate the bandwagon-jumper element and some of the costumes/antics scream "look at me"

maybe my error is viewing the euros as a football tournament first and a party second whereas some hold the other view

on top of that the last thing i do is feel like partying if we got tonked int he first game and are more than likely eliminated on thursday :x

i certainly wouldn't be waving my inflatibile hammer if that happened

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 13 Jun 2012 07:24

Makes for an interesting last day in Group A now with all four teams able to qualify.

blindedbythelights

by blindedbythelights » 13 Jun 2012 11:51

Gus the teenage cow
maybe my error is viewing the euros as a football tournament first and a party second whereas some hold the other view

football should always be about the day out rather than the game itself

1381 posts