FAO Tredder

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Winner - HNA? Music Quiz 2013. The Great Sounds of Polonium 210.

Re: FAO Tredder

by Alexander Litvinenko » 04 Sep 2012 14:59

As if supporters choose which team to support, based on what their stadium is like - or change the team they support part-way through their life.

Present company excepted, of course.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 04 Sep 2012 15:07

Alexander Litvinenko As if supporters choose which team to support, based on what their stadium is like - or change the team they support part-way through their life.

I'm not saying you have a choice, just saying the Mad Stad is a soulless place for football in terms of things to do around the ground.

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Winner - HNA? Music Quiz 2013. The Great Sounds of Polonium 210.

by Alexander Litvinenko » 04 Sep 2012 15:11

No Fixed Abode
Alexander Litvinenko As if supporters choose which team to support, based on what their stadium is like - or change the team they support part-way through their life.

I'm not saying you have a choice, just saying the Mad Stad is a soulless place for football in terms of things to do around the ground.

Has anyone ever tried to dispute that? What next ... the sky is blue?

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 04 Sep 2012 16:17

No Fixed Abode club doesn't want any other pubs around

LOL, like anyone would run a pub in an area where there are only people every other fortnight (or monthly this season) and not at all in the summer, don't be such a div

*egg chasers too I suppose but what publican wants those pcunts in their gaff?

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 04 Sep 2012 17:02

Silver Fox
No Fixed Abode club doesn't want any other pubs around

LOL, like anyone would run a pub in an area where there are only people every other fortnight (or monthly this season) and not at all in the summer, don't be such a div

*egg chasers too I suppose but what publican wants those pcunts in their gaff?

Yeah - it's like they don't do area regeneration anywhere do they? Many new football grounds with new Harvesters etc within a few minutes walk - but no - not at Reading.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 04 Sep 2012 17:09

Well you have the Hotel and the place on the BS road?!

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 04 Sep 2012 18:33

Tredder Yes, but not my thread, just felt obliged to reply.

Fair one. I've got no interest in this kind of BS at all.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 04 Sep 2012 19:39

No Fixed Abode
Jackson Corner Even Tredder would admit to us having better support, our ground is better, our turnover bigger. Sadly football these days is about money. Rangers have shit loads and we have oxf*rd all.

Where would you honestly prefer to watch your home games though?

A stadium in the middle of nowhere with nothing to do, club doesn't want any other pubs around so they can monopolise on beer sales and refreshments - or a Stadium in close proximity to lots of bars/restaurants and other great amenities?

I wasn't refering to the location just pointing out the fact we have a better ground than QPR. They may have some nice pubs outside the ground, but at least we don't have to watch our football with our knees under our chins or spend the game looking through a pillar.

Tredder
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Tredder » 05 Sep 2012 14:36

Maguire

'greed.

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 05 Sep 2012 15:38

No Fixed Abode
Jackson Corner Even Tredder would admit to us having better support, our ground is better, our turnover bigger. Sadly football these days is about money. Rangers have shit loads and we have oxf*rd all.

A stadium in the middle of nowhere with nothing to do, club doesn't want any other pubs around so they can monopolise on beer sales and refreshments - or a Stadium in close proximity to lots of bars/restaurants and other great amenities?

1) So why is there a Pizza Hut, KFC and McDonalds within spitting distance of the ground if the club want to "monopolise on...refreshments"?

2) Whether they want a pub near the ground or not, the club have little or no say in what opens on any land other than their own. Any objection via public authority I would lay money on being thrown out. And there are two pubs within 10 minutes walk, but then as a oxf*rd Chelsea spacker I wouldn't expect you to know that.

3) When was the last time you went to Shepherd's Bush?

oxf*rd prick.
Last edited by handbags_harris on 05 Sep 2012 15:46, edited 2 times in total.

dizzynewheights
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Waitin at a red light, Kentucky Fried Chicken in, Low End Theory tape in, bass crazy kicking in

by dizzynewheights » 05 Sep 2012 15:39

TBM Well you have the Hotel and the place on the BS road?!

without doubt the worst pub in Reading tbf

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 05 Sep 2012 16:50

handbags_harris
No Fixed Abode

1) So why is there a Pizza Hut, KFC and McDonalds within spitting distance of the ground if the club want to "monopolise on...refreshments"?

2) Whether they want a pub near the ground or not, the club have little or no say in what opens on any land other than their own. Any objection via public authority I would lay money on being thrown out. And there are two pubs within 10 minutes walk, but then as a oxf*rd Chelsea spacker I wouldn't expect you to know that.

oxf*rd prick.

Rattled

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 05 Sep 2012 17:59

handbags_harris
No Fixed Abode

oxf*rd prick.

OMG! Definitely rattLOLed!

Last time I went to Sheps Bush was 2 weeks ago to the day.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 05 Sep 2012 21:12

No Fixed Abode

Or a ground where you can see the whole of the pitch?

6,129 is pretty close to Loftus Rd's capacity if you only count the seats with an unobstructed view of the pitch.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 07 Sep 2012 21:43

LoyalRoyalFan But Tredder can go and support Celtic and engage in some right-wing ponce as well.

Tredder - you're probably well aware of it but you'd like the Orchard Tavern on Askew Road.

Used to be an IRA pub, and very much a QPR boozer with a permanent flag on display. No real ale though.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 07 Sep 2012 21:45

Green
LoyalRoyalFan But Tredder can go and support Celtic and engage in some right-wing ponce as well.

Tredder - you're probably well aware of it but you'd like the Orchard Tavern on Askew Road.

Used to be an IRA pub, and very much a QPR boozer with a permanent flag on display. No real ale though.

Literally sounds like the worst boozer ever.

Albert Spangler
Hob Nob Regular

by Albert Spangler » 07 Sep 2012 21:52

Tredder
Maguire

'greed.

You seemed pretty interested on Tw@tter the other day m8