Yes
46%
No
54%

Total votes: 155
fred sharpes nose

Re: What is the point in HRK

by fred sharpes nose » 15 Jun 2015 23:34

Blatant "come and get me".........seems to think highly of himself. Big Charlie IMO touting himself for the money - focus on the football - b******t

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hal-robson-kanu-says-relishing-wales-9459925

Hal Robson-Kanu says he believes Wales can shine on the biggest stage if they break their qualifying hoodoo by reaching Euro 2016. The striker’s endeavour won the free-kick from Jason Denayer that led to Gareth Bale’s winner against Belgium on Friday.That led to scenes of delirium on the pitch at the final whistle, with Robson-Kanu saying he has never played in an atmosphere like it. The 26-year-old, who WalesOnline understands has attracted interest from Premier League suitors with his performances for Wales, says he is confident the team can continue to ride the wave of positivity around them to make an impact at next summer’s finals
He said: “The job is still to do. I have played in promotion-winning teams and I have never experienced a team spirit like that we have in the Wales team. That comes from playing in big games and the one on Friday night, that was the biggest atmosphere I have ever played in.

“Credit to the fans, it’s the support of the nation that really drives us on. With the game on Friday, every single player felt the support from the fans. It was absolutely incredible “Things like that create a positive energy and successful energy and is something we can continue to build on and when we do get there I’m confident we can show a few people what we can do.”

Robson-Kanu has firmly established himself as Wales’ first-choice front man under Chris Coleman in this campaign.
His strike against Cyprus was crucial in sealing the three points against Wales’ next Group B opponents last October. And he admits he is relishing the role in front of Gareth Bale in Wales’ attack.
“It’s always nice to wear the No.9 shirt. It’s a massive responsibility,” he said.

“I just work as hard as I can in that role. I have run myself into the ground sometimes for the team. It’s about winning games. I do it for my club and having the No.9 shirt for the nation is fantastic going into what we hope will be a first Euros and with the FIFA world ranking set to rocket again.

“It’s a massive honour to wear the No.9 shirt for my country. I have made the position my own. It’s down to hard work and the hard work is not over yet. There are four games left in the campaign but we are on course to qualify.”

Robson-Kanu’s joy of starring for his nation comes amid a backdrop of uncertainty over his future at club level.
With a year left on his deal at Reading and no new contract offer having been made, his performances for Wales are believed to have led to interest from a number of Premier League clubs.

Robson-Kanu says he is leaving it in the hands of his agent and the club but says he has the belief to play at the very top level. “For me, I just focus on my football,” he added.
“It’s about playing games and showing what you are capable of. I have played in the Premier League and there is no better league in football.
“With regards to my future, it’s not down to me to say. My agent and the club will deal with that, It’s important to do well and make sure you are always performing.

“I have got another year at Reading. They haven’t come to me with another contract so we will see what the future holds.

“With the season I had in the Premier League, I scored seven goals. That’s no mean feat in a team that struggled in the league. It was a massive achievement personally and gave me a lot of belief.”

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 15 Jun 2015 23:57

Quoting out of context there, he mentioned that he had played in the Premier League and they asked him whether he was getting a transfer back. He played it down.

Basingstoke Royal

by Basingstoke Royal » 16 Jun 2015 00:01

Sell sell sell

msmivie

by msmivie » 16 Jun 2015 07:27

Sell sell sell

Haag Royal

by Haag Royal » 16 Jun 2015 07:34

With the season I had in the Premier League, I scored seven goals. That’s no mean feat in a team that struggled in the league. It was a massive achievement personally and gave me a lot of belief.”

Here we go again. FFS Kanu - every one of these prem goals was a consolation goal at the end of game and none mattered a jot. And you can't score for toffee in the Championship so stop bigging yourself up.

Also I am tied of hearing how well he plays when he's paired with Bale and Ramsey for Wales. I am sure they would even make me look good.

Get you head down and start playing as if you want to for RFC of go - the sooner the better - and take your a**e agent with you as well.

tee peg
Hob Nob Regular

by tee peg » 16 Jun 2015 07:38

fred sharpes nose Blatant "come and get me".........seems to think highly of himself. Big Charlie IMO touting himself for the money - focus on the football - b******t

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hal-robson-kanu-says-relishing-wales-9459925

Hal Robson-Kanu says he believes Wales can shine on the biggest stage if they break their qualifying hoodoo by reaching Euro 2016. The striker’s endeavour won the free-kick from Jason Denayer that led to Gareth Bale’s winner against Belgium on Friday.That led to scenes of delirium on the pitch at the final whistle, with Robson-Kanu saying he has never played in an atmosphere like it. The 26-year-old, who WalesOnline understands has attracted interest from Premier League suitors with his performances for Wales, says he is confident the team can continue to ride the wave of positivity around them to make an impact at next summer’s finals
He said: “The job is still to do. I have played in promotion-winning teams and I have never experienced a team spirit like that we have in the Wales team. That comes from playing in big games and the one on Friday night, that was the biggest atmosphere I have ever played in.

“Credit to the fans, it’s the support of the nation that really drives us on. With the game on Friday, every single player felt the support from the fans. It was absolutely incredible “Things like that create a positive energy and successful energy and is something we can continue to build on and when we do get there I’m confident we can show a few people what we can do.”

Robson-Kanu has firmly established himself as Wales’ first-choice front man under Chris Coleman in this campaign.
His strike against Cyprus was crucial in sealing the three points against Wales’ next Group B opponents last October. And he admits he is relishing the role in front of Gareth Bale in Wales’ attack.
“It’s always nice to wear the No.9 shirt. It’s a massive responsibility,” he said.

“I just work as hard as I can in that role. I have run myself into the ground sometimes for the team. It’s about winning games. I do it for my club and having the No.9 shirt for the nation is fantastic going into what we hope will be a first Euros and with the FIFA world ranking set to rocket again.

“It’s a massive honour to wear the No.9 shirt for my country. I have made the position my own. It’s down to hard work and the hard work is not over yet. There are four games left in the campaign but we are on course to qualify.”

Robson-Kanu’s joy of starring for his nation comes amid a backdrop of uncertainty over his future at club level.
With a year left on his deal at Reading and no new contract offer having been made, his performances for Wales are believed to have led to interest from a number of Premier League clubs.

Robson-Kanu says he is leaving it in the hands of his agent and the club but says he has the belief to play at the very top level. “For me, I just focus on my football,” he added.
“It’s about playing games and showing what you are capable of. I have played in the Premier League and there is no better league in football.
“With regards to my future, it’s not down to me to say. My agent and the club will deal with that, It’s important to do well and make sure you are always performing.

“I have got another year at Reading. They haven’t come to me with another contract so we will see what the future holds.

“With the season I had in the Premier League, I scored seven goals. That’s no mean feat in a team that struggled in the league. It was a massive achievement personally and gave me a lot of belief.”

:lol: :lol: :lol: Billy big bollox.Fair play if his agent can find some mugs in the premiership to take him.
We can always dream.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 16 Jun 2015 07:50

The times I watched him play for Wales, he looked pretty clueless .... didn't see the Belgium match so I can't comment. Really hope a Prem team does come in for him - would be as good as the Hughes deal, if we could get some money for him!

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 16 Jun 2015 08:46

:|

IMO a measured and reasonable interview, undoubtedly reflecting the context of the questions put to him.
And I am in no way a HRK fan.

Still, give a dog a bad name.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 16 Jun 2015 08:55

The interview doesn't quite tally with what we see from him every week and perhaps if he could do for us what he does for Wales that contract might be forthcoming. Currently you would think the club will look at his wages, and look at his performances and not quite see the connection.
Interesting comments about the Welsh support. If only we had a set of fans who got behind the team every week instead of just moaning......

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 16 Jun 2015 09:00

HRK has been poor for a few seasons, and seeing as I was one of those that really believed he could become a top striker (not winger), I'm dissapointed. However, to criticise a guy for trying to look after his interests is mad; he KNOWS he's been poor, but his wales performances coupled with him talking about premier league goals keeps his stock high and his confidence too. What do you want him to say, "Yeah, I've been useless for Reading for a couple of seasons, Wales would be better with Vokes up front and, to be honest, I should be earning £5k a week not £20k..."

teignmouth hoops

by teignmouth hoops » 16 Jun 2015 09:00

Fair do's played very well for wales against Belgium, but never shows that intensity for us. The other point is he is paired with Bale whereas at Reading it's Pog so no comparison. If we get some interest please SELL SELL SELL

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 16 Jun 2015 09:18

Robson-Kanu says he is leaving it in the hands of his agent and the club but says he has the belief to play at the very top level.
It's there in black and white kids

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 16 Jun 2015 10:00

I think his major problem is motivation. Looks alright on the international stage, played pretty well in the cup, just doesn't seem to bother in league games.

PeterReadingborn59

by PeterReadingborn59 » 16 Jun 2015 11:27

John Smith Robson-Kanu says he is leaving it in the hands of his agent and the club but says he has the belief to play at the very top level.

HRK has got this quote learnt as he said exactly the same on TalkSport. The Welsh opportunity might attract interest for HRK and Gunter - a move for them and the club could be good to refresh theirs and the team desire.

wiggso

by wiggso » 16 Jun 2015 11:37

One of our last games in the Premier league (the last time) was Fulham away and he looked very good that day. Having already been relegated I honestly thought that he would kill it in the championship and I made a drunken bet that he would score 20+ goals the following season :shock:
Since then he has been terrible. If we can get a bit of money for him now then we need to sell rather than making me watch him for another year and him going for nothing.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 16 Jun 2015 11:41

Seriously can't we just let him go for free? Screw getting a fee - get rid of his crazy wages.

tee peg
Hob Nob Regular

by tee peg » 16 Jun 2015 12:03

[quo What do you want him to say, "Yeah, I've been useless for Reading for a couple of seasons, Wales would be better with Vokes up front and, to be honest, I should be earning £5k a week not £20k..."[/quote]

That will do for starters.

teignmouth hoops

by teignmouth hoops » 16 Jun 2015 13:26

John Smith Robson-Kanu says he is leaving it in the hands of his agent and the club but says he has the belief to play at the very top level.

His brother is his agent and I think he is also Pearce's, he managed to convince Reading he was going to be better than he was at contract time two years ago, no doubt he'll be trying it again this year

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 16 Jun 2015 13:57

After his performance for Wales I think HRK deserves a big money move to the Prem. I for one hope he gets it.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 16 Jun 2015 14:20

maffff After his performance for Wales I think HRK deserves a big money move to the Prem. I for one hope he gets it.

Ladies and gentlemen we have ourselves another ostrich

881 posts