Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: What is the point in HRK

by Royal Rother » 16 Jun 2015 14:25

Oh dear. :lol:

Coppelled_Streets

by Coppelled_Streets » 16 Jun 2015 14:31

John Smith
maffff After his performance for Wales I think HRK deserves a big money move to the Prem. I for one hope he gets it.

Ladies and gentlemen we have ourselves another ostrich

Post of the day! :lol:

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 16 Jun 2015 17:00

:lol:

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 16 Jun 2015 17:43

If I was Reading manager I would be on the phone to the Wales manager asking him what the secret was..... maybe it's having better players around him that brings out the best in him, If that's the case we have no chance and should sell him.

Seriously though, If he's playing well for us that can only help his country so I'm sure they will be happy to help. Maybe if it's an important game the manager can tell HRK that the Welsh coaches are watching in the stands :lol:

Mr.Swainey

by Mr.Swainey » 16 Jun 2015 17:46

:lol: @ him being linked to PSV, though.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 16 Jun 2015 18:02

Platypuss :|

IMO a measured and reasonable interview, undoubtedly reflecting the context of the questions put to him.
And I am in no way a HRK fan.

Still, give a dog a bad name.

Yeah +1

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 16 Jun 2015 19:14

With Guthrie and Drenthe gone, HRK has to be top of the list of people we need out of the club.

Go go go go.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 16 Jun 2015 20:01

Maguire With Guthrie and Drenthe gone, HRK has to be top of the list of people we need out of the club.

Go go go go.

Still Pog and his crippling wages for not enough return for me.

PremAddict
Hob Nob Regular

by PremAddict » 16 Jun 2015 20:18

Extended-Phenotype I think his major problem is motivation. Looks alright on the international stage, played pretty well in the cup, just doesn't seem to bother in league championship games.

Corrected for you. :)

Was good in the last season of the PL and I too thought that he would shine in the c'ship. He obviously shows determination in practice and in major games (i.e. cup/televised/international). Most would agree that the single most frustrating thing is that he does have talent but does not really appear to want to apply it for RFC, now or ever. That to me is an attitude problem that we could do without. Plus I'm tired of him crowing about his performances well two years on with little to show for it in regular matches.

Ouagadougou

by Ouagadougou » 16 Jun 2015 20:37

Good riddance! Kanu off into the sunset and don't come back!

Haag Royal

by Haag Royal » 16 Jun 2015 21:52

Forbury Lion If I was Reading manager I would be on the phone to the Wales manager asking him what the secret was..... maybe it's having better players around him that brings out the best in him, If that's the case we have no chance and should sell him.

Seriously though, If he's playing well for us that can only help his country so I'm sure they will be happy to help. Maybe if it's an important game the manager can tell HRK that the Welsh coaches are watching in the stands :lol:

Sitting high up in Upper West (!)I did tweet one game towards the end of the season that as Coleman was in the Directors box expect HRK to try.

And he did. Not much but a bit and probably had his best game for a few months - although that was not hard

Proves your point.

Get rid.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 16 Jun 2015 22:43

Yeh great move - offload HRK, who isn't a bad player, and leave us with an even weaker squad with f*ck all prospect of any decent percentage of the fee being reinvested in much needed replacements.

It seems we now have a cheap Thai ripoff of the 'Madejski Way'. :twisted:

Colin Cheeselog

by Colin Cheeselog » 16 Jun 2015 22:47

RoyalBlue Yeh great move - offload HRK, who isn't a bad player, and leave us with an even weaker squad with f*ck all prospect of any decent percentage of the fee being reinvested in much needed replacements.

The key thing isyou're wrong, he is a bad player. In fact he's an utterly appalling player.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 16 Jun 2015 23:12

Whether anything gets reinvested, only time will tell, but if we were to get rid of that waste of space's salary AND get the rumoured £2.5m fee we want for him, Nicky Hammond should have a job for life.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 17 Jun 2015 00:11

RoyalBlue Yeh great move - offload HRK, who isn't a bad player, and leave us with an even weaker squad with f*ck all prospect of any decent percentage of the fee being reinvested in much needed replacements.

Meanwhile, back on planet Earth, most see a player who looked good in the top flight, looks good for Wales but doesn't give a fcuk when it comes to playing for us in the Championship.

Only in warped RB World would anyone slag off new owners as rip off merchants for taking on this debt ridden club, ahead of one of our top earners who hasn't got out of 2nd gear for the last 2 seasons.

It's an insult to Andy Hughes, who never gave less than 100% for this club whatever his shortcomings, to be mentioned in the same breath as HRK.

Whatever it takes, please just get rid.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 17 Jun 2015 10:29

GetReading reporting the same thing more or less

Reading FC striker Hal Robson-Kanu has cast doubt on his future with Royals.

The 26-year-old has a year left on his current contract and is yet to be offered a new deal.

The Wales international has made no secret of his desire to play Premier League football, and Robson-Kanu believes he has the ability to play at the very top level.

He said: "It’s about playing games and showing what you are capable of.

"I have played in the Premier League and there is no better league in football.

"With regards to my future, it’s not down to me to say.

"My agent and the club will deal with that.

"It’s important to do well and make sure you are always performing.

"I have got another year at Reading. They haven’t come to me with another contract so we will see what the future holds."

Robson-Kanu scored just the one league goal for Reading last season, and that was a penalty in the 2-1 victory over Norwich City at Madejski Stadium.

He did, however, score three goals for the side on their way to the FA Cup semi-final, when they were beaten 2-1 after extra-time by Arsenal.

Robson-Kanu has been linked in the past with Championship and Premier League clubs, and he says he has faith in his ability to perform at the top.

"With the season I had in the Premier League (2012/13), I scored seven goals," he said.

"That’s no mean feat in a team that struggled in the league.

"It was a massive achievement personally and gave me a lot of belief."

Robson-Kanu was part of the Wales team who beat Belgium 1-0 last Friday, which gives them a massive chance to qualify for the European Championships next summer in France.

"The job is still to do," he said.

"I have played in promotion-winning teams and I have never experienced a team spirit like that we have in the Wales team.

"That comes from playing in big games and the one on Friday night, that was the biggest atmosphere I have ever played in."

Royals' attacker played behind lone frontman Gareth Bale in the game.

"It’s always nice to wear the No.9 shirt. It’s a massive responsibility," added Robson-Kanu.

"I just work as hard as I can in that role. I have run myself into the ground sometimes for the team.

"It’s about winning games. I do it for my club and having the No.9 shirt for the nation is fantastic going into what we hope will be a first Euros and with the FIFA world ranking set to rocket again.

"It’s a massive honour to wear the No.9 shirt for my country.

I have made the position my own.

"It’s down to hard work and the hard work is not over yet.

"There are four games left in the campaign but we are on course to qualify."

glass half full
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you see someone without a smile..... give him one of yours!

by glass half full » 17 Jun 2015 10:48

:lol: " I have run myself into the ground for the team," :roll:

Angry Shed Sex
Hob Nob Regular

by Angry Shed Sex » 17 Jun 2015 11:54

glass half full :lol: " I have run myself into the ground for the team," :roll:

The sad thing is he truly believes it himself.

I wonder if he ever actually watches any DVDs of the games?

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 17 Jun 2015 12:02

glass half full :lol: " I have run myself into the ground for the team," :roll:

Yeah, well he's talking about Wales.

He's English really, so probably feels he needs to justify himself more, especially to a Welsh paper.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 17 Jun 2015 14:24

:lol:

HITC Sport understands from a source close to the player that Hal Robson-Kanu is up for sale this summer, and is attracting interest from Aston Villa and West Bromwich Albion.

Reading have placed a £2.5 million price tag on the winger, who has just one year remaining on his contract.

The former Arsenal trainee is reportedly attracting interest from Villa and West Brom, who are considering meeting Reading's valuation, with Championship sides also hovering.

Robson-Kanu is a Welsh international, playing a key role in helping his country to top spot in their Euro 2016 qualifying group heading into the Autumn fixtures, ahead of Belgium, and has 26 caps.

The 26-year-old has experience playing in the Premier League, scoring seven times for the Royals in the 2012/13 season.

He played 36 times for Reading last season, netting four goals, and has been with Reading since 2009. His most high profile match of the club season was featuring in the FA Cup semi-final at Wembley against Arsenal.

Robson-Kanu was quoted by Get Reading earlier this week, stating: "I have got another year at Reading. They haven’t come to me with another contract so we will see what the future holds."

881 posts