No
54%

Total votes: 155
Vision
Hob Nob Addict

Re: What is the point in HRK

by Vision » 01 Feb 2016 10:02

bracksroyal10
Though in the league he has been poor this year.

No, he hasn't. He was playing well, especially linking up with Blackman, earlier in the season. Then he got injured, our form dipped , and he's been getting better each week since his return.

It's fair to say he should have contributed more goals in the league (likewise Vydra) but actually in terms of consistency he's been one of our better players when he's played this season.

bracksroyal10

by bracksroyal10 » 01 Feb 2016 13:01

Vision
bracksroyal10
Though in the league he has been poor this year.

No, he hasn't. He was playing well, especially linking up with Blackman, earlier in the season. Then he got injured, our form dipped , and he's been getting better each week since his return.

It's fair to say he should have contributed more goals in the league (likewise Vydra) but actually in terms of consistency he's been one of our better players when he's played this season.

Completley disagree, with the exception of 2 or 3 games, there is one main aspect of his game that I find very concerning for a Championship winger aspiring to make the PL again

As someone who is a season ticket holder, the sight of HRK running the ball out of play/miscontrolling a pass played into his stride has become an all too familiar this year. It shouldn't be difficult for someone playing at that high a level, it should be second nature.

However I do agree that since the Huddersfield game away, he is getting progressively back to his old self and starting to look interested again off the ball as well as on it.

Steve_Upper_West

by Steve_Upper_West » 20 Feb 2016 19:14

Easily MOTM against West Brom today had a great game, never stopped running and was going past defenders as if they were not there. Would be slightly happier if he was the one who had extended his contract earlier this week :?

harry
Hob Nob Regular

by harry » 20 Feb 2016 19:52

Steve_Upper_West Easily MOTM against West Brom today had a great game, never stopped running and was going past defenders as if they were not there. Would be slightly happier if he was the one who had extended his contract earlier this week :?

Personally I'd say Big Hec was MOTM today. But HRK was a close contender and had yet another good game. Was happy to take on several Prem defenders at a time and beat them regularly.
With his past record and my own cynicism I find it difficult to be truly objective about him so still suspect it's all to do with contract end/renewal proving an extra motivation. Maybe should just sit back and enjoy some decent wingplay.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 20 Feb 2016 20:51

Wasn't he often on the right when he had his good PL season? Certainly he had that storming game there against Utd iirc.

It's a real shame he and McCleary only seem able to turn it on out on the right, when no one is really making the left their own.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 20 Feb 2016 21:12

Much better from Kanu lately and presumably Brian won't now play him through the middle where he is a total waste of space.
3 good crosses today ,one decent header and two poor efforts on goal-I just wish he would do more especially in league games (take a look at Quinn Hal to see what effort is all about).
Brian seems to love him so that contract renewal can't be far off unless of course he thinks he can earn more at Barcelona or Real Madrid.

One8Seven1*

by One8Seven1* » 23 Feb 2016 14:33

One or two good games in every 15 appears enough to fool many into thinking he should get another contract, but I disagree. I'll be happy to see the back of him. He's on one of the bigger wages here, so that's also a bonus to him leaving. It'll be a similar story to Blackman at Derby!

Armadillo Roadkill

by Armadillo Roadkill » 23 Feb 2016 14:37

Hugely improved. It must be down to McDermott, and have nothing to do with putting himself in the shop window before a summer move to Swansea

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 23 Feb 2016 14:44

One8Seven1* One or two good games in every 15 appears enough to fool many into thinking he should get another contract, but I disagree. I'll be happy to see the back of him. He's on one of the bigger wages here, so that's also a bonus to him leaving. It'll be a similar story to Blackman at Derby!

Players of his quality are not easy to come by. If we are always so ready to see the back of our best players it won't be the premier league that we will be plying our trade in within a few years. We'll be somewhere else.

PremAddict
Hob Nob Regular

by PremAddict » 23 Feb 2016 14:48

Armadillo Roadkill Hugely improved. It must be down to McDermott, and have nothing to do with putting himself in the shop window before a summer move to Swansea

Exactly. His much-improved play couldn't have anything to do with that and certainly the fact that, prior to this spell of good form, he only played well during televised matches, oh, and just before his last contract expired.

Anyone who would want to sign him to a new contract is completely overlooking where his motivation comes from (hint: it's not MacD).

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 23 Feb 2016 14:54

Top Flight
One8Seven1* One or two good games in every 15 appears enough to fool many into thinking he should get another contract, but I disagree. I'll be happy to see the back of him. He's on one of the bigger wages here, so that's also a bonus to him leaving. It'll be a similar story to Blackman at Derby!

Players of his quality are not easy to come by. If we are always so ready to see the back of our best players it won't be the premier league that we will be plying our trade in within a few years. We'll be somewhere else.

Yes they are, you just pay them the sort of money we've been happy to pay out for Robson-Kanu whilst waiting patiently for him to fulfill the potential he's clearly had.

In Quinn we have a much better and more consistent player, albeit slightly different in style and strengths. I'd much rather we had a full season of Quinn playing on the left than Robson-Kanu. I dare say James Henry is a better and more consistent right winger than Robson-Kanu too.

Anyway, he's basically come out and told Reading he'll wait and see what better offers he gets before even talking to the club about staying on so I think we'd better be on the look out for a good winger or three between now and August.

Binfield Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Binfield Royal » 23 Feb 2016 14:56

Agree with others comments. Talented but lazy. I read today that he has decided to put all contract talks with Reading "on hold" to the end of the season.

Translation - "I can get a better deal out of Swansea if they don't have to pay Reading a fee for me"

Were I the manager, I would not offer him a new contract and instead, use the budget to sign Ola John on a permanent deal.

RoyalJames101
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalJames101 » 23 Feb 2016 15:00

There are a lot of things that could be said about HRK over the past year or two but him being lazy is not one of them.

The quotes from him regarding his contract seem to have been taken out of context.

“I am just focusing on my football and we have agreed with the club we will have a discussion about my future at the end of the season.

“It is an exciting period, personally I just cannot wait. I am really looking forward to some big games coming up."

Sounds like both sides have just agreed to discuss at the end of the season and that's all?

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 23 Feb 2016 15:01

PremAddict he only played well during televised matches, oh, and just before his last contract expired.
If that was the case, do you think Brian ought to get one of his mates to turn up to games in a Swansea jacket and pretend to make notes, maybe anoter one in a Wales jacket and maybe he'll play well for the "scounts"

Steve_Upper_West

by Steve_Upper_West » 23 Feb 2016 21:59

Perhaps the thread should read....'What are the points of HRK ?'

......... THREE tonight :wink:

JIM

by JIM » 23 Feb 2016 22:14

Agree 3 points and another game winner

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 23 Feb 2016 22:19

At last a league goal-thank you Hal (and the team of course) as our result was the last of a 4-timer which has won me probably about the same as some of our players earn per hour. :wink:

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 23 Feb 2016 22:22

Looked good again tonight and Blackmanesque finish.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 23 Feb 2016 23:17

Pepe the Horseman Looked good again tonight and Blackmanesque finish.

Yep

Was gutted when he swapped to the left as he just went quiet again. He really is absolute first choice right winger for me, but still don't think he's any good playing in other positions. So much more effective than McCleary on the right (what has happened to GMac?)

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 23 Feb 2016 23:52

My MOM tonight great goal

881 posts