464 posts
BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: FIFA

by BR0B0T » 02 Feb 2017 12:46

Stranded
BR0B0T
Sutekh If it ain't broke don't fix it!

FIFA should stop ******* about in these things and address what does matter like their perceived utter incompetence and the fact no one that matters has any faith or trust in them any more.

Just for the record don't they have sin bins in rugby though? Does that detract from the game at all?

Space is controlled differently in Rugby. As said above teams would
likely fallback for the duration of a football sin bin. In rugby it's going
to leave a gap somewhere

#statingTheObvsobvs

It would leave gaps though as red cards do now. With sin bans, teams would just spend more time in training working on switiching formations for the 10 mins that they have a man up to look to overload in one area to create space for the extra man elsewhere. Teams would simply find the best way to play in those situations.

I wouldn't bring it in for all yellow card offences, but for the likes of decent, diving and some forms of professional foul i.e. deliberate tugs on shirts to stop breakaways - then an orange card could be shown leading to 10 mins in the bin. 2 yellows still equal a red, as do 1 yellow and 1 orange.

try it out and see....the only answer

h8 it when we all try and 'logic' something out.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 02 Feb 2017 12:47

Couldn't agree more.

This conversation probably happens everytime something is changed and it normally has no detriment to the game and often improves it.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 03 Feb 2017 21:24

Winston Smith Time wasting would be taken to new extremes if sin bins were brought in

Presumably resulting in more sin-binning.

Have more than 3 players sin binned at once, forfeit the game.

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 03 Feb 2017 21:29

BR0B0T
Stranded
BR0B0T
Space is controlled differently in Rugby. As said above teams would
likely fallback for the duration of a football sin bin. In rugby it's going
to leave a gap somewhere

#statingTheObvsobvs

It would leave gaps though as red cards do now. With sin bans, teams would just spend more time in training working on switiching formations for the 10 mins that they have a man up to look to overload in one area to create space for the extra man elsewhere. Teams would simply find the best way to play in those situations.

I wouldn't bring it in for all yellow card offences, but for the likes of decent, diving and some forms of professional foul i.e. deliberate tugs on shirts to stop breakaways - then an orange card could be shown leading to 10 mins in the bin. 2 yellows still equal a red, as do 1 yellow and 1 orange.

try it out and see....the only answer

h8 it when we all try and 'logic' something out.

I'll logic you out if you are not careful

464 posts