We're asking for your help

Bandini
Hob Nob Regular
Location: No one must know I dropped my glasses in the toilet.

Re: We're asking for your help

by Bandini » 24 Aug 2015 17:02

Green How many Nigels were born last year?

Must be an upsurge given Farage, N's high profile in an election year.

Given the popularity of your Corbyns, your Clarksons and, errr, the Pearl Jams of this world, 2016 could be a golden year for Jeremys.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 24 Aug 2015 17:06

I don't like paying taxes to fund the lazy or to house these immigrants in £1m mansions but I can't do anything about it.

Life is unfair.

The Rouge
Hob Nob Regular

by The Rouge » 24 Aug 2015 17:10

Not many but more than Gary I reckon.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 24 Aug 2015 17:22

I feel that the tax payer has been taken for a ride, and that any money accrued by the sale of Upton Park should go straight to the Government to off set some of the cost of WHU getting the Olympic stadium.

However, the problem of course is that there were no viable alternatives to how to use the Olympic Stadium other than to have it as a football stadium and only West Ham wanted to keep the current stadium (and develop it to be more football accessible).

Spurs merely wanted the land; they would have demolished the stadium to build a new one (with associated hotels etc to maximise the profit for Daniel Levy), whilst keeping it solely as an athletics stadium would have meant using the facilities a few times a Year at most.

As much as I want to gag when I see West Ham's owners gloating over this, and even more so when their cheerleaders in the Press (such as Martin Samuels) slags off everyone who has a go at the deal, I'm not clear as to what viable alternatives there were for keeping the stadium.

Bandini
Hob Nob Regular
Location: No one must know I dropped my glasses in the toilet.

Anythread, AE

by Bandini » 24 Aug 2015 17:23

No Fixed Abode_bot I don't like paying taxes to fund the lazy or to house these immigrants in £1m mansions but I can't do anything about it.

Life is unfair.

gr8 stuff

Wax Jacket
Hob Nob Legend

by Wax Jacket » 24 Aug 2015 17:24

Mr Angry I feel that the tax payer has been taken for a ride

Mr Angry's signature

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 25 Aug 2015 12:37

Nigel_Diamond Hello everyone

I’m a Leyton Orient Fan and come in peace.

In 2012, London hosted a fantastic Olympics, but the legacy of that event could be the very future of smaller football clubs with a long and proud history. The bill for reconversion of the stadium stands at £272m with West Ham United only contributing £15m. Boris Johnson, the LLDC and the government, refuse point blank to publish the rental agreement that sees the taxpayer forking out for repairs, water, electric, pitch maintenance, stewarding and even policing costs, meaning a massive state aid give away – an unfair subsidy on competition between ALL clubs, and not just those closest to the Queen Elizabeth Park.

We feel this is unfair to all.

A joint London coalition of several fans trusts have started a petition which we urge EVERY football fan and taxpayer to sign – the link to the petition appears below – and to share with friends, family and work colleagues.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/106355
Had Leyton Orient been the ones receiving this new stadium, would you still be on here complaining about it?

The numbers don't add up - They could have left it to rot and saved £257m, unless of course the rent from West Ham will equal or better £257m over an agreed length of time.

Zaretsky

by Zaretsky » 25 Aug 2015 12:59

Mr Angry I feel that the tax payer has been taken for a ride, and that any money accrued by the sale of Upton Park should go straight to the Government to off set some of the cost of WHU getting the Olympic stadium.

Probably should be going to the Greater London Assembly, given that there is no central government funding secured after this year.