Checkatrade Trophy

16 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

Checkatrade Trophy

by Winston Smith » 30 Aug 2016 14:39

500 tickets sold at Bristol Rovers
800 tickets sold at Yeovil

£15,000 fines to be given to clubs who don't field their strongest team.

just wtf? :lol:

Brum Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Checkatrade Trophy

by Brum Royal » 30 Aug 2016 14:41

Are those figures for the games against us or is the Yeovil figure for their game v Pompey?

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 30 Aug 2016 14:49

Brum Royal Are those figures for the games against us or is the Yeovil figure for their game v Pompey?

Yeovil Vs Pompey

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 30 Aug 2016 15:12

Absolute car crash of a tournament…..especially this being the ‘group stages’. West Ham U23 play all their group games away from home FFS.

Bar us winning it, I hope that final is played out by two league clubs. Can you imagine a final of Stoke U23 vs Blackburn U23. Lowest Wembley crowd of all time.

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 30 Aug 2016 15:14

Oh, hasn’t stopped me from placing a nice little accumulator on tonight’s games. The only U23 side I’ve backed is us (7/2). Think they’ll be a few BTTS.

double d

by double d » 02 Sep 2016 08:06

Such a shame that a trophy that L1 and L2 teams actually wanted to win has been absolutely devalued and ruined. What next..... Reading sunday league teams in the FA trophy?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 02 Sep 2016 11:26

Zammo Absolute car crash of a tournament…..especially this being the ‘group stages’. West Ham U23 play all their group games away from home FFS.

Bar us winning it, I hope that final is played out by two league clubs. Can you imagine a final of Stoke U23 vs Blackburn U23. Lowest Wembley crowd of all time.

Are they? I thought one of the entry requirements is that the U23 played one group game at home?

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 02 Sep 2016 14:13

I'd imagine West Ham may have limitations on numbers and days of games to be played at the Tesco Bowl. Of course not having European competitions may eas that but when you rent a ground rather than own it you can't just use it when you want.

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 08 Nov 2016 16:28

The Set Piece The counter-argument you hear when you object to these proposals is never less than amusing. “Don’t you think these Premier League youngsters would benefit from playing in a proper competition? Don’t you want them to fulfil their potential?”

This argument comes up so often that I’m starting to suspect our answer isn’t being heard. So if you wouldn’t mind just sitting down and paying attention for a moment, I’ll issue our response once again.

We do not give a fuck about your Premier League youngsters. Not a flying fuck. Not a walking fuck. Not a static fuck. We have been to the cupboard and we have no fucks. We have checked online and there are no fucks in stock. When Alexander saw the breadth of your argument, he wept. For there were no more fucks left to give.

Lovely tirade

http://thesetpieces.com/features/b-teams-jpt/

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 09 Nov 2016 11:48

It's going well this tournament isn't it.

Low crowds and of the academy sides, if Sunderland qualify tonight then only 50% have made the knock-out stages and of those only 4 will be PL sides.

rob_dawson

by rob_dawson » 09 Nov 2016 12:05

I did laugh reading twatter last night... some people saying:

<Insert Team> have just lost their penalty shoot out, but qualify anyway...
<Insert other team> won theirs but they are knocked out due to other results

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 09 Nov 2016 12:07

Good!

Always been a low-key tournament to give the smaller and unfashionable sides a chance at their big day out.

Who wanted to see another all-premier final anyway.

As underwhelming as it was, it should've been messed with.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 09 Nov 2016 14:05

stealthpapes
The Set Piece The counter-argument you hear when you object to these proposals is never less than amusing. “Don’t you think these Premier League youngsters would benefit from playing in a proper competition? Don’t you want them to fulfil their potential?”

This argument comes up so often that I’m starting to suspect our answer isn’t being heard. So if you wouldn’t mind just sitting down and paying attention for a moment, I’ll issue our response once again.

We do not give a fuck about your Premier League youngsters. Not a flying fuck. Not a walking fuck. Not a static fuck. We have been to the cupboard and we have no fucks. We have checked online and there are no fucks in stock. When Alexander saw the breadth of your argument, he wept. For there were no more fucks left to give.

Lovely tirade

http://thesetpieces.com/features/b-teams-jpt/

If the PL would stop buying in a lot of overrated expensive filler from abroad and actually properly invest in their youngsters by giving them game time where it matters this argument and stupid interference in a lower league competition wouldn't even be necessary in the first place.

But until clubs either wake up, the money levels drop or caps are put in place limiting "foreigners" this country will be stuck in this idiot loop at the top of the game and thus continuing to suffer at international level.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 09 Nov 2016 14:25

Hark at Donald Trump there.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 12 Nov 2016 10:01

One year thing, no big deal.

Suspect if "the big boys" were involved then the dissenting voices would have quietened by now.

Besides, if it does help our youngsters development then:
I do not give a fuck about their lower league cloggers. Not a flying fuck. Not a walking fuck. Not a static fuck. I have been to the cupboard and I have no fucks. I have checked online and there are no fucks in stock. I've don't know who Alexander is so don't care how he felt when he saw the breadth of my argument, or if he wept. For there were no more fucks left to give.

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 12 Nov 2016 11:34

'Their'

But for the grace of god.

16 posts   •   Page 1 of 1