Best/Worst Pundit

562 posts
LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Best/Worst Pundit

by LUX » 13 Jun 2021 11:27

(Hopefully safe to laugh now.....)

Clinton Morrison on Radio 5 when Eriksen had been taken to hospital, but was conscious:

“Sounds like good news, but he’s not out of the woodwork yet”

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 13 Jun 2021 17:56

I quite like Morrison, tbf. He's not the most eloquent of people but his actual analysis is usually pretty sharp.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 15 Jun 2021 09:21

From Despair To Where? I quite like Morrison, tbf. He's not the most eloquent of people but his actual analysis is usually pretty sharp.

Yes I’m a big fan tbf. He’s very likeable, seems down to earth and likes a bit of a laugh.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 15 Jun 2021 10:38

Danny Murphy on comms last night, dear god he was terrible. Boring, not insightful and made mistake after mistake.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 15 Jun 2021 10:40

Brogue
From Despair To Where? I quite like Morrison, tbf. He's not the most eloquent of people but his actual analysis is usually pretty sharp.

Yes I’m a big fan tbf. He’s very likeable, seems down to earth and likes a bit of a laugh.

He may be all of those things, but once you’re in the media your one job is to be able to communicate clearly - sadly, not something I can accuse Morrison of

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 15 Jun 2021 12:24

CONTROVERSIOL OPINION INCOMING

the continued pushing of women commentators and pundits needs to stop. they genuinely add nothing, are awful commentators and I just wish they would go away and commentate on womens football

I would rather have chris sutton then any of the ones I cannot name

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 15 Jun 2021 15:32

Not controversial at all, m8. Look how good the female cricket commentators/pundits are. Football really is miles behind.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 15 Jun 2021 16:42

I think you're both wrong. Whilst cricket is certainly blessed with a lot of excellent women pundits, there are plenty of good female pundits and presenters in football too, not least Alex Scott, Laura Woods, Kelly Cates, Faye White and Sue Smith.

You're trying to be controversial DD, it's a little silly.

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 15 Jun 2021 17:00

What next eh Sangers, DD saying girls shouldn't like trains or something.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 15 Jun 2021 20:16

John Hartson says "Portugal haven't done enough to win this game" and then two minutes later, after they score, says "No-one can say Portugal don't deserve it"

:lol:

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 15 Jun 2021 22:51

Sanguine I think you're both wrong. Whilst cricket is certainly blessed with a lot of excellent women pundits, there are plenty of good female pundits and presenters in football too, not least Alex Scott, Laura Woods, Kelly Cates, Faye White and Sue Smith.

Whilst I wouldn’t categorise all women commentators the same way that DD has - I don’t think all women commentators are employed purely based on their skills as a pundit which is where it’s wrong IMO

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 15 Jun 2021 23:01

Zammo Not controversial at all, m8. Look how good the female cricket commentators/pundits are. Football really is miles behind.

No idea how good they are, on account of me absolutely hating cricket

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 15 Jun 2021 23:02

Sanguine I think you're both wrong. Whilst cricket is certainly blessed with a lot of excellent women pundits, there are plenty of good female pundits and presenters in football too, not least Alex Scott, Laura Woods, Kelly Cates, Faye White and Sue Smith.

:|

You're opinion is they're good.

Mine is they should be nowhere near the tv

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 15 Jun 2021 23:02

URZZZZ

Whilst I wouldn’t categorise all women commentators the same way that DD has - I don’t think all women commentators are employed purely based on their skills as a pundit which is where it’s wrong IMO

Sky sports guilty

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 16 Jun 2021 10:21

Good names, tbf. Scott, Cates and Woods are excellent presenters. My post was based on co-commentators tbf. Not sure why Sue Smith isn't used more for actual live action. I think she lives in the Sky Sports studio lol.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 16 Jun 2021 12:41

Zammo

Good names, tbf. Scott, Cates and Woods are excellent presenters. My post was based on co-commentators tbf. Not sure why Sue Smith isn't used more for actual live action. I think she lives in the Sky Sports studio lol.

Agreed. As much I want to dislike Laura Woods, she's very good on TalkSport especially. A hell of a lot better than Alan Brazil anyway.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 16 Jun 2021 13:13

Simmops

Sure. The view that someone like Sue Smith (93 England caps) should be nowhere near the TV talking about football because she's a woman and doesn't understand the man's game (that's the gist of your point, right?) is the preserve of simple people, so at least you're consistent.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 16 Jun 2021 14:18

This combo of Robyn Cowen and Martin Keown is pretty dreadful.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 16 Jun 2021 14:40

Sanguine
Simmops

Sure. The view that someone like Sue Smith (93 England caps) should be nowhere near the TV talking about football because she's a woman and doesn't understand the man's game (that's the gist of your point, right?) is the preserve of simple people, so at least you're consistent.

oxf*rd off you small sanctimonious oxf*rd

You are simple sanguine

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 16 Jun 2021 14:41

:lol:

562 posts