VAR

1731 posts
Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

Re: VAR

by Silver Fox » 29 Jan 2021 09:46

Last night's adventures in VAR, the 2 disallowed goals were probably correct, but how does Atkinson watch the video of the Liverpool goal and then not give a free kick against Dier for the first handball?

NB this is rhetorical as I'm sure it's in the VAR rules saying something along the lines of you only look at the actual goal incident or something, but that has to be bollocks

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 29 Jan 2021 14:37

Silver Fox Last night's adventures in VAR, the 2 disallowed goals were probably correct, but how does Atkinson watch the video of the Liverpool goal and then not give a free kick against Dier for the first handball?

NB this is rhetorical as I'm sure it's in the VAR rules saying something along the lines of you only look at the actual goal incident or something, but that has to be bollocks

Same as when Pickford performed gbh on VVD.
Oliver and the other ref only considered whether there had been an offside and forgot to give the penalty.

Since then Oliver has owned up to his error.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 30 Jan 2021 12:31

South Coast Royal
Silver Fox Last night's adventures in VAR, the 2 disallowed goals were probably correct, but how does Atkinson watch the video of the Liverpool goal and then not give a free kick against Dier for the first handball?

Oliver and the other ref only considered whether there had been an offside and forgot to give the penalty.

You can’t give a penalty when the EARLIER incident is the first one penalised.
What they didn’t do was issue a red card for serious foul play which can be issued when the ball is not in play

Oh, and Michael Oliver owned up to the fact that it should have been a red card, not a penalty

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 30 Jan 2021 13:27

Franchise FC
South Coast Royal

You can’t give a penalty when the EARLIER incident is the first one penalised.
What they didn’t do was issue a red card for serious foul play which can be issued when the ball is not in play

Oh, and Michael Oliver owned up to the fact that it should have been a red card, not a penalty

Ok-red card it should have been and a foul that MAY yet affect the destination of the title this season.
Thank you (not) for reminding me how I detest that cnut Pickford and it has nothing to do with who he plays for. :wink:

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 30 Jan 2021 20:14

Can someone explain how Matt Cash has not just given away a penalty to Southampton ?

If not, please cease VAR immediately as that is possibly the most ridiculous I’ve witnessed yet... and that says something

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 30 Jan 2021 20:29

Franchise FC Can someone explain how Matt Cash has not just given away a penalty to Southampton ?

If not, please cease VAR immediately as that is possibly the most ridiculous I’ve witnessed yet... and that says something

Officials have a bet on Villa to win?

Aside from that, can’t see it myself

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 30 Jan 2021 21:56

URZZZZ
Franchise FC Can someone explain how Matt Cash has not just given away a penalty to Southampton ?

Officials have a bet on Villa to win?

Aside from that, can’t see it myself

Correct

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 03 Feb 2021 01:11

VAR decision to end all VAR decisions against Che Adams, forget they let in 9 goals, his fukking wrist was offside because he was wearing a long sleeved shirt, Harry Maguire`s hand would have been playing him on but he was wearing a short sleeved shirt, you couldn`t make this shit up...the games gone.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 03 Feb 2021 09:39

Not sure about the Luiz red card either, looked more of a coming together

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 03 Feb 2021 13:42

URZZZZ Not sure about the Luiz red card either, looked more of a coming together

Interestingly, had he vaguely tried to get close to the ball and cleared the striker out he may have only received a yellow, such are the unbelievably inconsistent laws as I understand them

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 03 Feb 2021 14:56

Franchise FC
URZZZZ Not sure about the Luiz red card either, looked more of a coming together

Interestingly, had he vaguely tried to get close to the ball and cleared the striker out he may have only received a yellow, such are the unbelievably inconsistent laws as I understand them

Yeah, there's another laws anomaly coming out here. To eliminate the 'double jeopardy' of penalty and red card, the law was changed so that denying a clear goalscoring opportunity in the box could only be a yellow card if the defender makes an attempt to play the ball. What this means is that cynical fouls without such an attempt still get penalised with a red card (as in the United v Soton game). Unfortunately by definition it also means that a 'coming together' like Luiz suffered, whilst strictly a foul and a penalty, is also Luiz not making an attempt to play the ball, and so he gets a red, even though the contact was, it seemed to me anyway, accidental.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 03 Feb 2021 14:58

windermereROYAL VAR decision to end all VAR decisions against Che Adams, forget they let in 9 goals, his fukking wrist was offside because he was wearing a long sleeved shirt, Harry Maguire`s hand would have been playing him on but he was wearing a short sleeved shirt, you couldn`t make this shit up...the games gone.

Lol. Lined up Maguire's foot with Adams' wrist. Why was no-one in the officials room shouting, loudly, HE CAN'T SCORE WITH HIS HAND!

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 03 Feb 2021 15:14

It`s truly pathetic, how the fukk can your wrist be offside? how hard is it to be your sodding foot only? the VAR are looking for things to judge. it`s killing the game, you can`t celebrate a goal now until the ball is on the centre spot.
And to think there is a chance we could be a part of this fukkfest next season.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 03 Feb 2021 15:18

windermereROYAL It`s truly pathetic, how the fukk can your wrist be offside? how hard is it to be your sodding foot only? the VAR are looking for things to judge. it`s killing the game, you can`t celebrate a goal now until the ball is on the centre spot.
And to think there is a chance we could be a part of this fukkfest next season.

You can't have it just being a foot offside as if you're leaning forward your head (which is more than a legitimate way goals are scored) could be quite someway in front of your foot and that would be clearly offside.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 03 Feb 2021 16:38

Sanguine
windermereROYAL VAR decision to end all VAR decisions against Che Adams, forget they let in 9 goals, his fukking wrist was offside because he was wearing a long sleeved shirt, Harry Maguire`s hand would have been playing him on but he was wearing a short sleeved shirt, you couldn`t make this shit up...the games gone.

Lol. Lined up Maguire's foot with Adams' wrist. Why was no-one in the officials room shouting, loudly, HE CAN'T SCORE WITH HIS HAND!

is that an official image?

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 03 Feb 2021 16:56

I assumed so, was the only image I could find and would rather fit with the comments on social media along the lines of 'how can he be offside with his hand?' and 'there is no justification possible for calling that offside'.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 03 Feb 2021 17:03

See that Southampton have requested not to have Dean or Mason involved in their games for upcoming fixtures following on from last night and Saturday’s game against Villa

Not sure how much blame can really go to Dean after last night to be honest, much more of a widespread issue than the on field ref

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 03 Feb 2021 17:18

URZZZZ See that Southampton have requested not to have Dean or Mason involved in their games for upcoming fixtures following on from last night and Saturday’s game against Villa

Not sure how much blame can really go to Dean after last night to be honest, much more of a widespread issue than the on field ref

Dean was definitely responsible for the not handball decision at the weekend (rightly or wrongly)

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 03 Feb 2021 17:27

Franchise FC
URZZZZ See that Southampton have requested not to have Dean or Mason involved in their games for upcoming fixtures following on from last night and Saturday’s game against Villa

Dean was definitely responsible for the not handball decision at the weekend (rightly or wrongly)

Ah, wasn’t aware he was involved in Saturday’s game, thought it was just after last night

I’m sure their request will be successful :?

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 03 Feb 2021 17:37

Sanguine I assumed so, was the only image I could find and would rather fit with the comments on social media along the lines of 'how can he be offside with his hand?' and 'there is no justification possible for calling that offside'.

Can't find a pic from a reputable source i.e one that didn't crop the penalty area of so we can see if the line is correct

At the time on tv it looked close and they were measuring from Fred's knee and Maguire's feet

I may very well be talking out of my arse tho!

1731 posts