5535 posts
sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Weekend Football

by sandman » 28 Oct 2019 08:07

Hendo
leon
URZZZZ
That’s a load of rubbish to suggest he produced nothing for Wenger. Come on. He had poor games under Wenger but on the whole he was good

You say get rid of him and then you look at the other options they have. Willock (not ready), Ceballos (pointless), Xhaka Torreira Guendouzi (all CDM’s). How he’s not getting into this team is beyond me considering they’ve scored 2 goals in open play in the last 5 games FFS

I’d wager a lot of money Ozil will outstay Emery. The blokes a fraud and always will be

Sorry he’s totally underperformed and let down two managers,

Someone of his talent should be league player of the season.

Has he fcuk.

Get rid.

Edit: unlike you I’m not an Arsenal fan (I’m reading) so haven’t got a clue on how they’ll cope without him.

Strangely I couldn’t give a fcuking shit.

Agreed, Ozil goes missing in so many games it’s unreal.

Indeed. Could have been an all time great but in the end he hasn't quite pushed through that glass ceiling.

Can't knock the fact he's won a World Cup winners medal. However, a played with his natural ability should have won more than a solitary La Liga title and some domestic cup competitions.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 28 Oct 2019 08:09

Ozil is shite and has been carried all of his career by better players around him. He is a complete and utter passenger.

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 28 Oct 2019 08:29

Winston Biscuit
From Despair To Where?
Winston Biscuit
I feel like because it has a little name attached to it there is additional hype around it, like it's a personally trophy that player has won. If the phrase 'hat-trick' didn't exist and instead it was just called 'scoring 3 goals' I don't believe we would see the week of over the top hype the 3 goal scoring player gets currently.

The reaction to a hat-trick feels like an additional prize has been secured on top of scoring 3 goals.

The experience leaves me cold sometimes.

Hat trick originates in cricket where traditionally, a player taking 3 wickets in 3 balls was given a new hat, so yes, it was originally rewarded with a prize.

I want footballers to be given, and have to wear, the hat-trick hat

yup, for the entire week following the game.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 28 Oct 2019 08:33

Old Man Andrews Ozil is shite and has been carried all of his career by better players around him. He is a complete and utter passenger.

He’s been “carried all of his career”. Interesting observation for someone who registered 19 assists a few years ago?

Who was he being carried by then? Alexis possibly. Giroud? Welbeck? Oxlade-Chamberlain? Walcott? You’re just talking rubbish

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 28 Oct 2019 08:42

URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews Ozil is shite and has been carried all of his career by better players around him. He is a complete and utter passenger.

He’s been “carried all of his career”. Interesting observation for someone who registered 19 assists a few years ago?

Who was he being carried by then? Alexis possibly. Giroud? Welbeck? Oxlade-Chamberlain? Walcott? You’re just talking rubbish

He is a chancer who has ridden on the backs of people who are better than him.

Yet again you demonstrate your complete lack of football understanding and general intelligence.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 28 Oct 2019 08:45

Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ

Yet again you demonstrate your complete lack of football understanding and general intelligence.

And yet once again, you can’t answer a simple (like you actually) question. I’ll put it to you again just in case you missed it

Who was “better” or who was he being carried by when he got the joint most assists in a Premier League season?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 28 Oct 2019 08:48

URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ

And yet once again, you can’t answer a simple (like you actually) question. I’ll put it to you again just in case you missed it

Who was “better” or who was he being carried by when he got the joint most assists in a Premier League season?

He had better players around him, thats the point you are missing. He cannot engineer things for himself and take control of games, he relies on others to lift him. The elite players have the ability to turn games on their own and single handedly win games for their team.

Who is interested in a few years ago? What has he done for anyone in recent years? Thrown out of the Germany squad for being shite, can't get in the Arsenal squad because he is workshy and shite and no other big club wants him. There is your evidence so grow up and get a clue.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 28 Oct 2019 08:55

By all means suggest he is lazy but suggest he's spent his whole career being carried by better players is utter nonsense.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 28 Oct 2019 09:01

Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews He is a chancer who has ridden on the backs of people who are better than him.

He had better players around him, thats the point you are missing. He cannot engineer things for himself and take control of games, he relies on others to lift him. The elite players have the ability to turn games on their own and single handedly win games for their team.

Who is interested in a few years ago? What has he done for anyone in recent years? Thrown out of the Germany squad for being shite, can't get in the Arsenal squad because he is workshy and shite and no other big club wants him. There is your evidence so grow up and get a clue.

Well I’m just proving you wrong. Your original statement was that Ozil had been carried his “ENTIRE” career. I just wondered how that transpired to 19 assists in one season but it’s cool - clearly you can’t answer the question but don’t want to admit it

Thrown out of the Germany side? Yeah he has, but he’s kicked out a few of the oldies so no problem there. Ozil has certainly declined physically these last couple of seasons, that’s for sure, but it clearly isn’t working freezing him out considering they’ve scored 2 goals from open play in 5 games! Interestingly enough, the fans who watch Arsenal week in week out (I know that’s a strange concept for you), are chanting his name through the game

You think Ozil can’t win games on his own? How about their Leicester home game last year? You think he didn’t then

For £42.5 million, I’d say he’s been a relatively good signing. He does seem to underachieve in the big games which is why he’ll never be world class but he’s a damn sight better than what Arsenal have in midfield now and to say he’s been carried his whole career is utter nonsense (again, expected from someone like you)

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 28 Oct 2019 09:04

URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ

Well I’m just proving you wrong. Your original statement was that Ozil had been carried his “ENTIRE” career. I just wondered how that transpired to 19 assists in one season but it’s cool - clearly you can’t answer the question but don’t want to admit it

Thrown out of the Germany side? Yeah he has, but he’s kicked out a few of the oldies so no problem there. Ozil has certainly declined physically these last couple of seasons, that’s for sure, but it clearly isn’t working freezing him out considering they’ve scored 2 goals from open play in 5 games! Interestingly enough, the fans who watch Arsenal week in week out (I know that’s a strange concept for you), are chanting his name through the game

You think Ozil can’t win games on his own? How about their Leicester home game last year? You think he didn’t then

For £42.5 million, I’d say he’s been a relatively good signing. He does seem to underachieve in the big games which is why he’ll never be world class but he’s a damn sight better than what Arsenal have in midfield now and to say he’s been carried his whole career is utter nonsense (again, expected from someone like you)

You have no idea what you are talking about, you're not even worth engaging with on football issues because you are just plain dumb.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 28 Oct 2019 09:13

OMA in not knowing anything about football 'shocker'.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 28 Oct 2019 09:22

The Enfield Royal71 OMA in not knowing anything about football 'shocker'.

Ozil is universally accepted by leading pundits and people who know about football as being crap. No shock someone like you identifies with him. You too are lazy, idle and go missing when the heat is on.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 28 Oct 2019 09:30

Arsenal last 11 games

W6 D4 L1

And they're all clamouring for him to be sacked? Arsenal fans are a special breed, I tell you

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 28 Oct 2019 09:32

genome Arsenal last 11 games

W6 D4 L1

And they're all clamouring for him to be sacked? Arsenal fans are a special breed, I tell you

Its the team selection and choices he is making that seem to be troubling the Arsenal supporters. Xhaka as captain, Chambers at right back instead of Bellerin, Lacazette hardly ever starting, Tierney not getting starts until yesterday etc.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 28 Oct 2019 09:38

Old Man Andrews
genome Arsenal last 11 games

W6 D4 L1

Its the team selection and choices he is making that seem to be troubling the Arsenal supporters. Xhaka as captain, Chambers at right back instead of Bellerin, Lacazette hardly ever starting, Tierney not getting starts until yesterday etc.

Ozil not playing

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 28 Oct 2019 09:45

It’s amazing how good players become the longer they’re not in the squad.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 28 Oct 2019 10:38

Hendo
leon
URZZZZ
That’s a load of rubbish to suggest he produced nothing for Wenger. Come on. He had poor games under Wenger but on the whole he was good

You say get rid of him and then you look at the other options they have. Willock (not ready), Ceballos (pointless), Xhaka Torreira Guendouzi (all CDM’s). How he’s not getting into this team is beyond me considering they’ve scored 2 goals in open play in the last 5 games FFS

I’d wager a lot of money Ozil will outstay Emery. The blokes a fraud and always will be

Sorry he’s totally underperformed and let down two managers,

Someone of his talent should be league player of the season.

Has he fcuk.

Get rid.

Edit: unlike you I’m not an Arsenal fan (I’m reading) so haven’t got a clue on how they’ll cope without him.

Strangely I couldn’t give a fcuking shit.

Agreed, Ozil goes missing in so many games it’s unreal.

Is it a North London thing (Dele Alli) ?
Last edited by Victor Meldrew on 28 Oct 2019 11:11, edited 1 time in total.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 28 Oct 2019 10:41

Old Man Andrews

Ozil is universally accepted by leading pundits and people who know about football as being crap. No shock someone like you identifies with him. You too are lazy, idle and go missing when the heat is on.

Utter drivel. He is far from crap.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 28 Oct 2019 10:44

The Enfield Royal71
Old Man Andrews

Why has he been exiled from the Germany squad and why can he not get in an Arsenal matchday squad then? Why are no big clubs coming in for him during transfer windows?

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 28 Oct 2019 11:00

Old Man Andrews
The Enfield Royal71
Old Man Andrews Ozil is universally accepted by leading pundits and people who know about football as being crap. No shock someone like you identifies with him. You too are lazy, idle and go missing when the heat is on.

Why has he been exiled from the Germany squad and why can he not get in an Arsenal matchday squad then? Why are no big clubs coming in for him during transfer windows?

Because of his attitude. Doesn't mean he is crap. He is technically incredible and gifted.

5535 posts