Weekend Football

5548 posts
John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Weekend Football

by John Smith » 18 Nov 2019 13:29

How good are Wycombe? When do we actually start to believe what would be a miracle could become a reality? What a credit to the game they and Ainsworth are.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 18 Nov 2019 14:30

Bolton, who have now won 3 in a row, play 19th placed Accrington next and 20th placed Wimbledon after that

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 18 Nov 2019 14:32

John Smith How good are Wycombe? When do we actually start to believe what would be a miracle could become a reality? What a credit to the game they and Ainsworth are.

It is a miracle they have got as high as they have in general footballing terms but not so much a miracle in how well they are doing now. Great manager, possibly the best outside the PL, lots of money now and a good solid youth structure in place. All the things you need to do well in League 1.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 18 Nov 2019 14:33

Winston Biscuit Bolton, who have now won 3 in a row, play 19th placed Accrington next and 20th placed Wimbledon after that

Can see them getting out of it. MK Dons look to be well out of their depth and there is some real dross in and around them. Would be a great achievement.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 18 Nov 2019 14:38

Old Man Andrews
Winston Biscuit Bolton, who have now won 3 in a row, play 19th placed Accrington next and 20th placed Wimbledon after that

Can see them getting out of it. MK Dons look to be well out of their depth and there is some real dross in and around them. Would be a great achievement.

if they can avoid defeat in their next 2 league matches then I think they have a chance. 4 points or more from those 2 games and it's all eyes on the Bolton Gr8 Escape Attempt 2020

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 18 Nov 2019 18:11

Still got 3 games in hand as well and they have the nucleus of a very good league 1 squad, although they could still be deducted more points for failing to fulfil the Brentford fixture last season.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 19 Nov 2019 11:42

From Despair To Where? Still got 3 games in hand as well and they have the nucleus of a very good league 1 squad, although they could still be deducted more points for failing to fulfil the Brentford fixture last season.

As they should be but christ that is taking a long time to reach that decision. Been 6 months now. Guess they could also get a sanction for postponing the Doncaster game this season unilaterally.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 19 Nov 2019 11:44

Knowing the EFL, they'll wait til the end of the season then impose a sanction that has no further impact on the final table. They really have made a pig's ear of handling the whole situation IMO.
Last edited by From Despair To Where? on 19 Nov 2019 11:48, edited 1 time in total.

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 19 Nov 2019 11:46

Rather hope Bolton do it, tbf. Think its more than possible - the teams they're chasing are dire.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 19 Nov 2019 11:53

Don't know about hope they do it because their story is a textbook lesson in what happens when you spend 15 years pissing on your own feet with reckless financial speculation but they are certainly reacting to the adversity in absolutely he right way.

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 19 Nov 2019 12:58

New owners, new manager and a heavily reworked squad give this season a bit of leeway. But I totally get the historical issues - I blame the fans.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 19 Nov 2019 13:13

From Despair To Where? Knowing the EFL, they'll wait til the end of the season then impose a sanction that has no further impact on the final table. They really have made a pig's ear of handling the whole situation IMO.

Bit of digging actually suggests a disciplinary committee met on Thursday to discuss both cancellations and an announcement should be imminent.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 19 Nov 2019 13:14

Bloody hell, that's lightning fast compared to their usual glacial progress.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 19 Nov 2019 13:33

Old Man Andrews
John Smith How good are Wycombe? When do we actually start to believe what would be a miracle could become a reality? What a credit to the game they and Ainsworth are.

It is a miracle they have got as high as they have in general footballing terms but not so much a miracle in how well they are doing now. Great manager, possibly the best outside the PL, lots of money now and a good solid youth structure in place. All the things you need to do well in League 1.

More to the point GA has also been given time and not been kicked out as a result of bad runs/relegation

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 19 Nov 2019 13:45

stealthpapes New owners, new manager and a heavily reworked squad give this season a bit of leeway. But I totally get the historical issues - I blame the fans.

I actually blame the football authorities and broadcasters. They've created an untouchable football elite and everyone else is in a bunfight for the crumbs where failure is not an option. I fear for Bournemouth. If they fall off the gravy train, they are royally fcuked.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 19 Nov 2019 16:13

If Bournemouth go to the wall it will be nobody's fault but their own

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 19 Nov 2019 16:23

I am not a fan of Bournemouth.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 19 Nov 2019 19:34

Reading4eva is.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 22 Nov 2019 13:51

From Despair To Where? Don't know about hope they do it because their story is a textbook lesson in what happens when you spend 15 years pissing on your own feet with reckless financial speculation but they are certainly reacting to the adversity in absolutely he right way.

stealthpapes New owners, new manager and a heavily reworked squad give this season a bit of leeway. But I totally get the historical issues - I blame the fans.

You two disgust me. It's like '95 never happened in your eyes.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 22 Nov 2019 14:23

John Smith
From Despair To Where? Don't know about hope they do it because their story is a textbook lesson in what happens when you spend 15 years pissing on your own feet with reckless financial speculation but they are certainly reacting to the adversity in absolutely he right way.

You two disgust me. It's like '95 never happened in your eyes.

It's called growing up. Try it some time.

5548 posts