Re: Weekend Football

by Donny Ironside » 02 Dec 2021 21:29

BTW

Amazon football coverage > Any others

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 02 Dec 2021 21:49

Ronaldo scores his 801st goal. Ludicrous.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 02 Dec 2021 22:16

Rio Ferdinand must be somewhere out there slapping a table and demanding Carrick gets the job on whatever wage he wants

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 02 Dec 2021 22:43

NathStPaul Ronaldo scores his 801st goal. Ludicrous.
the reasons why they (re)signed him and what a bargain he is for the ‘haves’

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 03 Dec 2021 00:58

Donny Ironside
URZZZZ
Donny Ironside I have never ever seen anything like that in the arsenal goal

It was in the United goal

HTH

Arsenal scored it :|

Correct

Donny Ironside
Hob Nob Regular

by Donny Ironside » 03 Dec 2021 06:48

Winston Biscuit Rio Ferdinand must be somewhere out there slapping a table and demanding Carrick gets the job on whatever wage he wants

Well he's left now for some reason

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 03 Dec 2021 09:11

Donny Ironside BTW

Amazon football coverage > Any others

I think I'm the only person who finds McCoist irritating after the first 20mins or so. Yes its nice to hear a bit of enthusiasm and positivity but fvck me as an expert co-commentator don't just praise what I can see with my own eyes give me a bit a tactical analysis as well.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 03 Dec 2021 09:14

Ally McCoist is fantastic imo, enhances every game he commentates on. You can tell he is happy and feels lucky to be doing what he is doing. Give me him over Keown or Danny Murphy any day of the week.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 03 Dec 2021 09:16

NathStPaul Ally McCoist is fantastic imo, enhances every game he commentates on. You can tell he is happy and feels lucky to be doing what he is doing. Give me him over Keown or Danny Murphy any day of the week.

Agreed. He is better than most for sure.

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 03 Dec 2021 09:57

As I said I know I'm probably the only one and a bit of Partridge "shit, did you see that" enthusiasm is welcome, I'd just like that to be packaged in with a bit more football insight.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 03 Dec 2021 11:52

Pleasantly surprised with Amazon coverage. Good to see Shearer on live Premier League games. In the olden days you never had presenters cross channelling, and not its the norm everywhere.

As for that goal - brilliant. Excellent refereeing too. Any angst should be aimed at De Gea. Let his team down with those antics, either thinking he was stamped by another player and then trying to get the game stopped, totally different to any other scenario gone before it ie Leeds game.

Mind you - still think we win the best go, no goal, aka Watford.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 03 Dec 2021 11:55

paultheroyal Pleasantly surprised with Amazon coverage. Good to see Shearer on live Premier League games. In the olden days you never had presenters cross channelling, and not its the norm everywhere.

As for that goal - brilliant. Excellent refereeing too. Any angst should be aimed at De Gea. Let his team down with those antics, either thinking he was stamped by another player and then trying to get the game stopped, totally different to any other scenario gone before it ie Leeds game.

Don't agree with this at all :| He was down for a good few minutes and it probably did hurt, no matter who trod on his ankle. The ball was cleared and he had no real reason to go down unless he felt he was injured, it wasn't like Arsenal scored, or looked like scoring, immediately after he went down, there were a couple of headers before it came out to Smith-Rowe.

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 03 Dec 2021 11:56

Actually one thing in McCoist's favour. If he says something and the replay shows him to be wrong he always acknowledges he made a mistake.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 03 Dec 2021 11:58

6ft Kerplunk Actually one thing in McCoist's favour. If he says something and the replay shows him to be wrong he always acknowledges he made a mistake.

Wasn't watching at the time, but he called the penalty straight away as well, didn't he? I have seen a few replays and have no idea how the ref didn't give it in real time. Couldn't be more stonewall.

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 03 Dec 2021 12:00

Hendo
paultheroyal Pleasantly surprised with Amazon coverage. Good to see Shearer on live Premier League games. In the olden days you never had presenters cross channelling, and not its the norm everywhere.

Don't agree with this at all :| He was down for a good few minutes and it probably did hurt, no matter who trod on his ankle. The ball was cleared and he had no real reason to go down unless he felt he was injured, it wasn't like Arsenal scored, or looked like scoring, immediately after he went down, there were a couple of headers before it came out to Smith-Rowe.

I don't think he knows who has trodden on his ankle. He's gone down expected the whistle to be blown immediately because he's a keeper getting a bit of contact at a corner. Its not a head injury, its was done by his own player so play to the whistle. Fred should've stayed back on the goal line to cover until the whistle went. He'd have easily kicked the shot away.

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 03 Dec 2021 12:02

Hendo
6ft Kerplunk Actually one thing in McCoist's favour. If he says something and the replay shows him to be wrong he always acknowledges he made a mistake.

Wasn't watching at the time, but he called the penalty straight away as well, didn't he? I have seen a few replays and have no idea how the ref didn't give it in real time. Couldn't be more stonewall.

Looked it from the angle the TV was showing. For the ref looking from behind he probably sees the ball change direction so isn't sure if its the defender getting touch and doesn't give it as he knows VAR will check.

5708 posts