Weekend Football

5726 posts
Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Weekend Football

by Hendo » 13 Feb 2021 18:42

City finding life pretty easy against Spurs at the moment, but Lloris probably should’ve done better with both goals, even if one was a penalty.

Kane very unlucky with a wonderful free kick which hit the post.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 13 Feb 2021 23:43

URZZZZ
Winston Biscuit Not enough is made of what an incredible season Leicester are having.

Quite similar to last season isn’t it?
Need to avoid the collapse this time around

Didn't they win the league a few seasons ago too?

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 13 Feb 2021 23:46

Hendo City finding life pretty easy against Spurs at the moment, but Lloris probably should’ve done better with both goals, even if one was a penalty.

Kane very unlucky with a wonderful free kick which hit the post.

he looks like Jimmy Hill.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 14 Feb 2021 20:33

Fulham currently 2-0 up against Everton. Their next 3 games are Burnley, Shef Utd & Palace

Next 3 games for Newcastle are Chelsea, Man Utd & Wolves

..... :o

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 14 Feb 2021 23:58

Are Leeds entertaining or naive? (Or both)

20 goals conceded away at Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and United now with City still to come

I think their approach is refreshing but they need to wise up a little

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 14 Feb 2021 23:59

Winston Biscuit Fulham currently 2-0 up against Everton. Their next 3 games are Burnley, Shef Utd & Palace

Next 3 games for Newcastle are Chelsea, Man Utd & Wolves

..... :o

Much improved team from the start of the season but not scoring enough goals

Given that the title seems finalised now, would be good to have a relegation battle and not just Sheffield, WBA and Fulham drifting further and further away

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 15 Feb 2021 08:16

URZZZZ Are Leeds entertaining or naive? (Or both)

20 goals conceded away at Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and United now with City still to come

Both for me. They won’t go down this year but if they continue like this next year I think other teams will wise up to them and they could struggle.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 15 Feb 2021 08:53

Hendo

Both for me. They won’t go down this year but if they continue like this next year I think other teams will wise up to them and they could struggle.

I don’t see them ever going down with Bielsa but by the same token, not sure their squad is actually that good, can see them struggling if Bielsa goes in the near future

Very impressed that they’ve only had 4 scoreless games all season, with only 1 being away from home!

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 15 Feb 2021 08:57

URZZZZ
Hendo

I don’t see them ever going down with Bielsa but by the same token, not sure their squad is actually that good, can see them struggling if Bielsa goes in the near future

Very impressed that they’ve only had 4 scoreless games all season, with only 1 being away from home!

Oh yeah, I think if Bielsa goes, they could fall apart completely.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 15 Feb 2021 10:48

Any team that can counterattack is going to batter them

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 16 Feb 2021 22:36

The ref from the Ipswich game squaring up to Alan Judge

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 16 Feb 2021 22:40

Pepe the Horseman The ref from the Ipswich game squaring up to Alan Judge

New approach from refs, I like it!

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 17 Feb 2021 09:23

Yeah, he'll get a suspension for this, and maybe even a demotion. Which is a shame. Sure, it can't happen and Drysdale should have remained professional, but seriously, referees get all sorts of shit every single game (not least in this case, Judge laying into the ref for correctly pulling him up for diving) and I'm surprised this doesn't happen more.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 17 Feb 2021 10:03

When you watch the video its a bit of a nothing really. Split second of someone looking angry. Such a culture of players dishing out all sorts of abuse to refs and them having to just smile and take it that this will inevitably make headlines, and social media will push it too.

Hope the authorities dish out no punishment to him at all and just put out a statement to say that people shouldn't be pcunts to refs

Collina doing similar would get praised
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SIGn2scNRU

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 17 Feb 2021 14:48

Premier League confirms all matches will continue to be shown live until fans are allowed back into stadiums - which in essence means for the rest of this season, at least.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 17 Feb 2021 15:56

Sanguine Premier League confirms all matches will continue to be shown live until fans are allowed back into stadiums - which in essence means for the rest of this season, at least.

Not sure they'll go back to not showing them all to be fair. It is the norm in many other countries and it doesn't really impact attendences - especially if they keep the staggered kick off times to avoid clashing with lower league games people can attend - or put the "less interesting" games on then.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 17 Feb 2021 16:17

Stranded
Sanguine Premier League confirms all matches will continue to be shown live until fans are allowed back into stadiums - which in essence means for the rest of this season, at least.

Not sure they'll go back to not showing them all to be fair. It is the norm in many other countries and it doesn't really impact attendences - especially if they keep the staggered kick off times to avoid clashing with lower league games people can attend - or put the "less interesting" games on then.

Or rather, they'll be shown live for free for now - I'd agree that that might be the case in the longer-term, although I'd expect it to be a paid for service like the one they tried to introduce earlier in the season.

Longer-term they would also need a permanent dispensation with regards to showing live football at 3pm on a Saturday (or maybe move all PL kick off times away from that slot).

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 18 Feb 2021 11:20

Sanguine Yeah, he'll get a suspension for this, and maybe even a demotion. Which is a shame. Sure, it can't happen and Drysdale should have remained professional, but seriously, referees get all sorts of shit every single game (not least in this case, Judge laying into the ref for correctly pulling him up for diving) and I'm surprised this doesn't happen more.

Yep, been removed from officiating Saturday’s game between Southend and Bolton, no surprises there

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 18 Feb 2021 11:42

You know, whilst accepting that Drysdale was unprofessional, Alan Judge basically gets away with screaming abuse at him because, well, I don't know why. He is held to differently standards because he is a pampered idiot footballer?

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 18 Feb 2021 16:38

5726 posts