Weekend Football

5337 posts
URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Weekend Football

by URZZZZ » 21 Mar 2021 12:11

Simmops
URZZZZ Brighton are a real classy side to watch, obviously a dislikeable bunch of fans but Potter is a real likeable guy - gets his teams playing good football, doesn’t whinge about anything and everything unlike so many others

Always really liked Lallana too, really intelligent player, and with lots of hard work too, it’s a shame he’s had so many injuries in the last few years as IMO he’d have been a good player for the England side on a more regular basis

Living in a place where the only football teams are either Brighton or Crawley, I can't decide which fans are more insufferable.

Brighton fans are oxf*rd deluded and are too big for their boots, arrogant whingers.

Crawley fans are just thick knuckle draggers.

Yeah it’s a shame that it’s Brighton who play decent football with a likeable manager because of their fans - deluded bunch

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 21 Mar 2021 16:38

West Ham v Arsenal been a cracking game so far. West Ham 3-0 up, now 3-2 with 10+stoppage to go.

Antonio hit the post from a yard out to make it 4-2.

Lingard scored an absolute great goal to make it 1-0

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 21 Mar 2021 16:44

3-3 now.

This has been brilliant.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 21 Mar 2021 16:46

Just stuck £1 on Arsenal to win at 11/2

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 21 Mar 2021 17:15

Hendo West Ham v Arsenal been a cracking game so far. West Ham 3-0 up, now 3-2 with 10+stoppage to go.

Antonio hit the post from a yard out to make it 4-2.

Lingard scored an absolute great goal to make it 1-0

Fantastic game

Still wouldn’t rule out West Ham for a top 4 finish; record against the non top 6 is 13-4-1, but today will seriously hurt - really need to pick themselves up after that, two week break will do them a world of good

Wonder if they regret not getting another striker in, I think Antonio is quality but needs some competition up there

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 23 Mar 2021 09:45

https://mobile.twitter.com/talkSPORT/st ... 1323800576

I’m assuming he’s on a wind up but if not, has to be one of the most stupid things I’ve ever heard

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 23 Mar 2021 09:48

An absolutely fascinating evening in League 2 tonight: Southend hosting Walsall and Barrow hosting Grimsby.

Probably do or die for the Mariners tonight?

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 23 Mar 2021 10:15

URZZZZ https://mobile.twitter.com/talkSPORT/status/1374135701323800576

I’m assuming he’s on a wind up but if not, has to be one of the most stupid things I’ve ever heard

Wouldn't be surprised if "George" worked in TalkSport Towers.

Rodgers would be an obvious upgrade on Moyes, but a) Moyes isn't going anywhere this season and b) why would Rodgers leave Leicester :lol:

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 23 Mar 2021 10:42

Hendo
URZZZZ https://mobile.twitter.com/talkSPORT/status/1374135701323800576

Wouldn't be surprised if "George" worked in TalkSport Towers.

Rodgers would be an obvious upgrade on Moyes, but a) Moyes isn't going anywhere this season and b) why would Rodgers leave Leicester :lol:

Yep - although would be rather tragic if that was the case

More so, and this isn’t a dig at Rodgers as he’s done an excellent job at Leicester, but didn’t he “fall” out of the top four last year after being there pretty much the entire season? What makes him so sure he’d therefore get top four with a worse squad 12 months later?

You do think it can’t be real but then when you see some of the things said on here, it make you wonder

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 24 Mar 2021 11:18

Southend's Timothee Dieng has been charged with simulation to get another player sent off. Haven't seen the incident, but is a positive step, although does feel like they're picking on the smaller guys. They need to enforce it across the divisions, and apply it to pens too.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 24 Mar 2021 13:25

Pepe the Horseman Southend's Timothee Dieng has been charged with simulation to get another player sent off. Haven't seen the incident, but is a positive step, although does feel like they're picking on the smaller guys. They need to enforce it across the divisions, and apply it to pens too.

I've not seen the DIeng incident, but I'd venture it's a pretty obvious one. There's lots of the usual 'Salah dived/Kane dived' stuff re PL penalties, but the PL is subject to VAR, and obvious dives will already be punished.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 24 Mar 2021 13:30

Sanguine
Pepe the Horseman Southend's Timothee Dieng has been charged with simulation to get another player sent off. Haven't seen the incident, but is a positive step, although does feel like they're picking on the smaller guys. They need to enforce it across the divisions, and apply it to pens too.

I've not seen the DIeng incident, but I'd venture it's a pretty obvious one. There's lots of the usual 'Salah dived/Kane dived' stuff re PL penalties, but the PL is subject to VAR, and obvious dives will already be punished.

Southend are appealing it, so can't be that obvious. Have we seen many yellows dished out when VAR have deemed it not to be a pen/red? Or does the decision just get overturned and that's the end of it?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 24 Mar 2021 13:31

Remember seeing it on the roundup on Saturday. Long cross from the right over the penalty box Southend are attacking and as the ball is in mid air a Scunthorpe player blatently does a two handed push into Dieng’s arm knocking him over, however he goes down clutching his face. Now as I understand things that is a foul and sending off anyway as you can’t raise hands to another player, certainly off the ball, but the fact he went down as if he’d been hit in the head is something that should be looked at (but then I’m sure there’s been a good few of exactly the same thing in the FL and PL in recent seasons so, as suggested, it seems unfair to pick on the “little people”).

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 25 Mar 2021 15:13

John Smith An absolutely fascinating evening in League 2 tonight: Southend hosting Walsall and Barrow hosting Grimsby.

Probably do or die for the Mariners tonight?

Grimsby give themselves a fighting chance with a massive, massive win. As if that wasn't enough, they host Walsall on Saturday where a win could shake things up massively and drag the Saddlers right into the mire...

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 30 Mar 2021 12:30

Aguero's last season at City then - right decision IMO as he hasn't quite had the same impact these last couple of years (which is understandable given he's getting older each year). Hope for his sake fans will be able to return before the end of the season, been a fantastic servant there

You'd probably think City will now be in the market for another striker this summer given that they're only left with Jesus - Haaland anyone?

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 30 Mar 2021 13:36

URZZZZ Aguero's last season at City then - right decision IMO as he hasn't quite had the same impact these last couple of years (which is understandable given he's getting older each year). Hope for his sake fans will be able to return before the end of the season, been a fantastic servant there

You'd probably think City will now be in the market for another striker this summer given that they're only left with Jesus - Haaland anyone?

I'd be very surprised if Haaland doesn't end up there - not just because CL football, high wages etc, but because he'd actually be a good fit and a proper replacement for Ageuro's willing running up front, physicality and marksmanship.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 30 Mar 2021 13:50

Sanguine
URZZZZ Aguero's last season at City then - right decision IMO as he hasn't quite had the same impact these last couple of years (which is understandable given he's getting older each year). Hope for his sake fans will be able to return before the end of the season, been a fantastic servant there

I'd be very surprised if Haaland doesn't end up there - not just because CL football, high wages etc, but because he'd actually be a good fit and a proper replacement for Ageuro's willing running up front, physicality and marksmanship.

City actually outspent United in the 90's so will be no surprise to see them doing so again

City, PSG, Bayern, Juventus* etc are properly ruining football

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 03 Apr 2021 14:03

Just seen Chelsea are getting spanked 4-1 by WBA :shock:

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 03 Apr 2021 14:33

The Brommers put 5 (FIVE) past Chelsea

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 03 Apr 2021 15:48

WBA probably needed 6/7 wins from their last nine to stay up - given they'd only won 3 in their first 29, it looks impossible but that's a very good start!

Still got a fairly difficult run in with games against Leicester, Arsenal, Liverpool and West Ham but momentum can do strange things

5337 posts