Weekend Football

5336 posts
URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Weekend Football

by URZZZZ » 03 Apr 2021 20:50

Was looking forward to the two evening games but both have been poor spectacles

So many teams play such risk averse football nowadays in the Prem, very little initiative or responsibility taken by players, do miss the good old days of a 4-4-2 with two direct wingers!

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 03 Apr 2021 22:04

My goodness, how bad were Arsenal tonight?

Lacazette and Aubamayang were an embarrassment.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 03 Apr 2021 23:03

Royal Rother My goodness, how bad were Arsenal tonight?

Lacazette and Aubamayang were an embarrassment.

Not sure what was worse, his hair or his performance

All the criticism Xhaka gets, they missed him out there, Ceballos offers very little in midfield for them

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 05 Apr 2021 22:30

Very good win for West Ham with Rice and Ogbonna out - decent end to end game

Antonio and Lingard were ripping Wolves to shreds in the first half, another unfortunate injury it seems for Antonio and if he’s out for a while, along with Rice, I can see that being the end of their top four chances

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 06 Apr 2021 08:17

As much as I enjoy seeing West Ham lose and struggle on the regs, now that they are in the driving seat with 8 games to go I would like to see them in the Champions League.

Watching West Ham play against 1 or 2 of Europe's elite clubs, at the expense of Liverpool, Chelsea & Spurs would be somewhat funny

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 06 Apr 2021 08:22

Just noticed what a tough run in Leicester have. Of their 8 remaining games they still have to play the teams in 2nd, 4th, 5th & 6th. They have felt fairly secure for CL football for some time but with a bit of bad luck or an injury or two and its not unrealistic they could find themselves outside of all the European places

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 06 Apr 2021 09:05

URZZZZ Very good win for West Ham with Rice and Ogbonna out - decent end to end game

Antonio and Lingard were ripping Wolves to shreds in the first half, another unfortunate injury it seems for Antonio and if he’s out for a while, along with Rice, I can see that being the end of their top four chances

I'd be really happy for Moyes if West Ham get into the Champions League. The guy has been treated as a national joke since he was sacked by United, which was an impossible job at the time I might add. The guy is obviously a decent manager, did a cracking job at Everton on a limited budget and deserves to be respected IMO.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 06 Apr 2021 09:52

NathStPaul
URZZZZ Very good win for West Ham with Rice and Ogbonna out - decent end to end game

I'd be really happy for Moyes if West Ham get into the Champions League. The guy has been treated as a national joke since he was sacked by United, which was an impossible job at the time I might add. The guy is obviously a decent manager, did a cracking job at Everton on a limited budget and deserves to be respected IMO.

Yeh agreed. Also despite doing a good job at West Ham the first time round, got a load of shit from the West Hams when he took over the second time.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 06 Apr 2021 11:08

NathStPaul

Yep

Needs to work on his approach to big game - their approach against United and Liverpool in particular were really negative this year where perhaps it would have been more advantageous to have a go at them

However, their record against the “other” teams is sublime - still haven’t lost a single game to a non top 6 team since the opening day of the season

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 11 Apr 2021 15:23

With the rumour about Maddison being dropped for "disciplinary" reasons (apparently at a house party alongside Choudhury and Perez) and with Lingard playing so well (including today), you'd have to think Maddison has played himself out of contention for the England squad

Shame as he has talent but that's just plain stupid

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 11 Apr 2021 16:48

Lingard has got to be the most improved player this season

Moyes is obviously a great man manager.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 11 Apr 2021 17:15

Simmops Lingard has got to be the most improved player this season

Moyes is obviously a great man manager.

or Lingard is able to use the space he gets at WH that isn't available at MU

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 13 Apr 2021 22:06

Doncaster having one of the most spectacular season collapses I have seen in quite some time

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 13 Apr 2021 23:52

Winston Biscuit Doncaster having one of the most spectacular season collapses I have seen in quite some time

Did they have COVID postponements? Lost their fifth in a row tonight (and 11 of 15), they've played all of those five in the last 17 days, and still have a game in hand.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 14 Apr 2021 08:21

Sanguine
Winston Biscuit Doncaster having one of the most spectacular season collapses I have seen in quite some time

Did they have COVID postponements? Lost their fifth in a row tonight (and 11 of 15), they've played all of those five in the last 17 days, and still have a game in hand.

Yeah 4 games in a row were called off due to Covid in January. only a couple of months back they were in the play offs with enough games in hand that winning them all would put them top (I even chucked a couple of quid on them going up at that point!)

They are bottom of a 12 game form table. they are just 2 points ahead of 15th place now

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 14 Apr 2021 10:21

This started when you tipped them to go up.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 14 Apr 2021 11:37

Rotherham Vs Coventry on Thursday! :o

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 14 Apr 2021 12:07

Winston Biscuit Rotherham Vs Coventry on Thursday! :o

That should tire them out nicely for their game with Barnsley on Sunday :(

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 21 Apr 2021 10:55

Ridiculous stat noted at half-time in the Wolves game at the weekend - Wolves have played 108 games since their most recent promotion to the Premier League, and have failed to score in the first half in 78 of them. :shock:

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 21 Apr 2021 11:19

3-6th place looking great right now!

5336 posts