SpuROFLs

884 posts
Old Man Andrews

Re: SpuROFLs

by Old Man Andrews » 03 Jul 2020 09:29

Royality creeps In
Old Man Andrews
Royality creeps In Maureens days must be numbered. He was bought in to improve them and win something.
However, he has taken them backwards as their trophy cabinet gathers more dust

He was brought in to pick up after Poch and start the project again, which is what he is doing. He will have indentified the players who no longer want to be there and they will be shifted out inn the summer. Mourinho needs to bring his own men in that fit his style of play, Spurs currently don't have those sort of players. He needs time and money in order to get Spurs up the table and he will do that because he is a hugely successful manager with a record comparible to any of the elite coaches in history.

Show some damn respect and grow up,

Maureen has only succeeded with money. Big time Charlie who wouldn't be able to do anything with our current squad.

Oh and its nice to see after all that's gone on in the last few months. You OMA have returned and are still an utter oxf*rd!

You know absolutely nothing about football, clueless. You shouldn't comment on it so please cease.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 03 Jul 2020 09:57

I thought you never started the fire, OMA?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 03 Jul 2020 11:24

Sanguine I thought you never started the fire, OMA?

You cannot disrespect someone like Mourinho, it proves a lack of footballing knowledge.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Jul 2020 11:54

Mourinho's been a busted flush since his ego ate the rest of him about half a decade ago.

He's the epitome of a manager who'll give you a short term dead cat bounce and then leave you in a shambles worse off.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 03 Jul 2020 11:59

His record in the game and what he has won deserve maximum respect regardless of his current situation at Spurs.

Spurs remind me very much of Inter Milan when he went there, he just needs time and to be allowed the money to bring in his players. Writing Mourinho off is foolish.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 03 Jul 2020 12:12

He won Serie A in his first season at Inter, and they were top of the table first after three games, and then permanently from October to the end of the season. They won it the season before too under Mancini. So two things - first, I don't see how the Inter analogy works, and two - isn't it the exact opposite that characterises Mourinho, an immediate impact, trophies straight away, and then results falling away (rather than needing time to build).

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 03 Jul 2020 12:38

Snowflake Royal Mourinho's been a busted flush since his ego ate the rest of him about half a decade ago.

He's the epitome of a manager who'll give you a short term dead cat bounce and then leave you in a shambles worse off.

I almost think he’s trying too hard to be a success now, to prove to others he still has the ability, particularly proving himself in the Premier League

However the reality is, that whilst he’s still a good manager, he’s behind Klopp and Guardiola in the modern day game and he isn’t able to adapt too well. And whilst the above aforementioned can work with clubs on a longer term basis, Mourinho doesn’t have the personality to do that, hence why he rarely stays longer than three seasons at a club

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 03 Jul 2020 12:56

URZZZZ
Snowflake Royal Mourinho's been a busted flush since his ego ate the rest of him about half a decade ago.

I almost think he’s trying too hard to be a success now, to prove to others he still has the ability, particularly proving himself in the Premier League

However the reality is, that whilst he’s still a good manager, he’s behind Klopp and Guardiola in the modern day game and he isn’t able to adapt too well. And whilst the above aforementioned can work with clubs on a longer term basis, Mourinho doesn’t have the personality to do that, hence why he rarely stays longer than three seasons at a club

This is absolutely true. He needs to stop being so stubborn and understand that the old methods will not always work like they used to, the modern player is a lot different now and calling them out in public just won't cut it anymore. They are far more sensitive on the whole. I can't remember Guardiola ever calling a Man City player out publically, he seems to always have their backs. Even Alex Ferguson mellowed in his time at United, once upon a time he would attack his players in public but he quickly realised times had changed and then rarely did so in the latter stages of his United career.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 03 Jul 2020 23:00

It's not just his style of management but also his style of football. I've just found him and spurs so boring and negative.

Liverpool and Man City, sometimes even arsenal and Chelsea, play fast flowing and attacking, direct and attractive football. Spurs basically lump it up to Kane or to Lucas/Son and hope they run and score. Its just so boring to watch. They've been outplayed so far in every game since the restart.

I would honestly like a quota of English managers in the PL for these "top" teams. Give Spurs to Howe or Ainsworth or somebody and let them give them a go.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 04 Jul 2020 10:03

Old Man Andrews
Sanguine I thought you never started the fire, OMA?

You cannot disrespect someone like Mourinho, it proves a lack of footballing knowledge.

:lol:

Open your eyes, he’s lost it.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 09 Jul 2020 20:48

Awful team with an awful manager

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 09 Jul 2020 22:26

Simmops Awful team with an awful manager

I can understand that Spurs fans aren’t happy at the moment, but they were even worse under Pochettino which is why I’m confused with the “we should never have sacked him” comments

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 09 Jul 2020 23:43

How the fcuk do you muster zero shots on target against Bournemouth with Kane, Son, Bergwijn, Lucas and Ndombele on the pitch?

Embarrassing

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Jul 2020 08:05

URZZZZ

I can understand that Spurs fans aren’t happy at the moment, but they were even worse under Pochettino which is why I’m confused with the “we should never have sacked him” comments

I would guess it's got something to do with Poch having previously done a very good job there, whilst Mourinho hasn't done a good job anywhere for years and will likely leave them with a toxic atmosphere it could take years to clear, so they go back to being unremarkable mid-table also rans.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 10 Jul 2020 13:33

Snowflake Royal
URZZZZ

I would guess it's got something to do with Poch having previously done a very good job there, whilst Mourinho hasn't done a good job anywhere for years and will likely leave them with a toxic atmosphere it could take years to clear, so they go back to being unremarkable mid-table also rans.

“Very good job” - 0 trophies in six years suggests that isn’t true
Compared to Mourinho who won two trophies in his first season at United with a very average United squad, one more trophy than his two predecessors in three years

Poch obviously did improve Tottenham to an extent but it was definitely the right time to leave and for the club to be taken in a different direction. They hadn’t won an away league game in 10 months just before he was sacked, that doesn’t strike me as someone who can take them to the next level

Does this mean Mourinho should have got the job? No, and as I stated when it happened, he may not work very well there because his whole ethos is directed towards a strong back five/six which Tottenham simply don’t contain with the likes of Aurier, Dier, Sanchez etc

But does it mean they shouldn’t have sacked a failing Pochettino? No, just because the next manager hasn’t worked doesn’t mean it was wrong to sack the old one

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Jul 2020 15:02

Lol. Like Poch didn't dramatically improve Spurs just because he didn't win a trophy. :lol:

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 10 Jul 2020 17:47

Snowflake Royal Lol. Like Poch didn't dramatically improve Spurs just because he didn't win a trophy. :lol:

They went from a mediocre top 6 team with no trophies to a mediocre top 4 team with no trophies.

Wow such impressive improvement. May aswell give him manager of the decade.....

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 10 Jul 2020 17:48

genome How the fcuk do you muster zero shots on target against Bournemouth with Kane, Son, Bergwijn, Lucas and Ndombele on the pitch?

Embarrassing

I feel your pain...Utd under JM were fooking terrible to watch

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 10 Jul 2020 17:53

Simmops
Snowflake Royal Lol. Like Poch didn't dramatically improve Spurs just because he didn't win a trophy. :lol:

They went from a mediocre top 6 team with no trophies to a mediocre top 4 team with no trophies.

Wow such impressive improvement. May aswell give him manager of the decade.....

Got them into the Champions League though. The way Jose is taking them, they’ll be lucky to qualify for Europa.

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 10 Jul 2020 19:23

Mourinho took Man U backwards, which I personally found quite amusing. Solskjær a manager with very little experience has come in and taken them to another level, getting the best out of the players. Fair play to the guy.

At SpuROFLs a decent'ish manager in Pochettino was replaced by JM, who has made a half decent side look dreadful

Theme emerging here :roll:

884 posts