Re: SpuROFLs

by Simmops » 11 Feb 2021 22:29

Hearing on the grapevine Mourinho is a goner soon

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Feb 2021 22:33

Spurs fans I know aren't happy.

They seem to think Levy decided the team would soon need a massive refresh anyway, so bring in Mourinho to arrogance his way, with shit football, to a trophy to appease the fans and buy time for sacking him off and going into a massive rebuilding job.

Looks like most of the plan is working. Just not so much the trophy bit.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 11 Feb 2021 23:35

Snowflake Royal Spurs fans I know aren't happy.

They seem to think Levy decided the team would soon need a massive refresh anyway, so bring in Mourinho to arrogance his way, with shit football, to a trophy to appease the fans and buy time for sacking him off and going into a massive rebuilding job.

To be fair, they’ve got a 50% chance of winning the LC (obviously not 50 cos City are favourites but measuring on a rather simple scale) - and also think they’ll get far in the Europa League

Neither are particularly highly prestigious but it’s the sort of things Spurs need

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 11 Feb 2021 23:36

You'd wonder how they'd be doing with Kane and Son who are both having fcuking ridiculous seasons

Kane 21 goals and 14 assists
Son 17 goals and 12 assists

And it's only February

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 11 Feb 2021 23:37

Simmops Hearing on the grapevine Mourinho is a goner soon

Won’t leave before the end of the season IMO, at least not before the league cup final

Can see this one being his last job in England though if it doesn’t work out, pattern is too predictable with him

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 11 Feb 2021 23:39

genome You'd wonder how they'd be doing with Kane and Son who are both having fcuking ridiculous seasons

Kane 21 goals and 14 assists
Son 17 goals and 12 assists

And it's only February

Still do find it ironic that people said Mourinho was going to ruin Kane as he’s arguably had one of this better seasons this time around

Both incredible stats but you can see how much Son was missing Kane in his absence

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 11 Feb 2021 23:44

Strange that Klopp's on a much worse run of form than Jose but there isn't a peep about his job. I guess he's got a bit more in the bank.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 12 Feb 2021 07:16

genome Strange that Klopp's on a much worse run of form than Jose but there isn't a peep about his job. I guess he's got a bit more in the bank.

Is he though? Last 5 PL games Liverpool have a point more than Spurs.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 12 Feb 2021 07:49

genome Strange that Klopp's on a much worse run of form than Jose but there isn't a peep about his job. I guess he's got a bit more in the bank.

Were you under a rock last seasoon?

:|

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 12 Feb 2021 08:57

URZZZZ
Snowflake Royal Spurs fans I know aren't happy.

To be fair, they’ve got a 50% chance of winning the LC (obviously not 50 cos City are favourites but measuring on a rather simple scale) - and also think they’ll get far in the Europa League

Neither are particularly highly prestigious but it’s the sort of things Spurs need

I think they'd be delighted with EL, tbh.

If they can bag both, that would be a very successful season.

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 12 Feb 2021 09:15

Obvs a lot of negativity about this current Spurs outfit, but it's about time we gave some major kudos to Harry Kane. What a player this man has become. Spurs can't seem to function without him. Not only that he's a playmaker, defender and finisher. One of the most complete players in the Premier right now ?!

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 12 Feb 2021 09:19

Zammo Obvs a lot of negativity about this current Spurs outfit, but it's about time we gave some major kudos to Harry Kane. What a player this man has become. Spurs can't seem to function without him. Not only that he's a playmaker, defender and finisher. One of the most complete players in the Premier right now ?!

Agreed 100%

He is world class for me. It was the game they played against Sheff Utd the other week on the TV and Roy Keane said that when he picked the ball up 25 yards from goal, cut inside and scored, it was basically a tap in for him, you knew he was going to score.

There aren't many players in the world who you'd say that about.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 12 Feb 2021 09:38

Royal Rother

Is he though? Last 5 PL games Liverpool have a point more than Spurs.

3 wins in the last 11 games to Spurs' 5 in all comps, 5 losses to Spurs' 4.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 12 Feb 2021 09:51

11 games seems like an odd number, does 10 games not work for your argument?

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 12 Feb 2021 10:16

11 games was when Liverpool's form collapsed after their 7-0 win. Spurs were winning games at that point.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 12 Feb 2021 10:28

Hendo
Zammo Obvs a lot of negativity about this current Spurs outfit, but it's about time we gave some major kudos to Harry Kane. What a player this man has become. Spurs can't seem to function without him. Not only that he's a playmaker, defender and finisher. One of the most complete players in the Premier right now ?!

Agreed 100%

He is world class for me. It was the game they played against Sheff Utd the other week on the TV and Roy Keane said that when he picked the ball up 25 yards from goal, cut inside and scored, it was basically a tap in for him, you knew he was going to score.

Kane to Man City in the summer to fill the Agureoooooooo position ?

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 12 Feb 2021 10:37

Franchise FC
Hendo

Agreed 100%

I think it would take a lot of money to get Levy to let him go, but it isn't outside the realms of possibility. If he stays in the Prem, he'll beat Shearer's scoring record, for sure.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 12 Feb 2021 10:40

Hendo
Franchise FC
Hendo
Agreed 100%

I think it would take a lot of money to get Levy to let him go, but it isn't outside the realms of possibility. If he stays in the Prem, he'll beat Shearer's scoring record, for sure.

Thing for Kane is he can break so many records at Spurs if he stays their through his entire career but ultimately it’ll be a huge waste of his talent if he ends up winning nothing

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 12 Feb 2021 10:49

Hendo If he stays in the Prem, he'll beat Shearer's scoring record, for sure.

never been convinced on this. To reach Shearers number of goals, Kane would need to continue scoring at the rate he has been for the next 4 1/2 seasons, meaning he would be doing it until he is 32, about to turn 33 at the end of that season

Its doable, but people talk like its just a matter of when and not if. The reason why the 3rd top PL goalscorer is a long way off Shearers number of goals is because its such an incredible record. We have had plenty of amazing goalscorers that could have done it, but situations change, injuries come in, form gets lost, teams change, managers change etc etc

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 12 Feb 2021 11:19

Well, Shearer had 139 Premier League goals at the end of the season where he turned Kane's age (27).

Kane's currently on 156 so he's well on track. His glass ankles and/or leaving Tottenham are the only thing realistically stopping him from doing it, especially considering he still appears to be improving.

884 posts