SpuROFLs

884 posts
Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

Re: SpuROFLs

by Hendo » 19 Apr 2021 10:43

I know that he can be a bit of a pantomime villain, but if this is the case, then fair oxf*rd - he will earn a lot of respect from fans who previously hated him.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 19 Apr 2021 10:44

Hendo I know that he can be a bit of a pantomime villain, but if this is the case, then fair oxf*rd - he will earn a lot of respect from fans who previously hated him.

You don't think Mourinho had a hint his sacking was coming soon anyway and did this to save face? Call me cyincal but that has Mourinho written all over it. Clever move too.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 19 Apr 2021 10:45

Winston Biscuit
genome
Simmops I reckon he walked about the super league

Some journos are saying this is indeed the case

Or rather, he threatened to boycott and the club sacked him

Seems it was a 'comedy' twitter account that put this out and some retweeted it thinking it was real

I'm pretty sure it's real.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 19 Apr 2021 10:46

LOL if Ryan Mason wins the league Cup though

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 19 Apr 2021 10:48

NathStPaul
Hendo I know that he can be a bit of a pantomime villain, but if this is the case, then fair oxf*rd - he will earn a lot of respect from fans who previously hated him.

You don't think Mourinho had a hint his sacking was coming soon anyway and did this to save face? Call me cyincal but that has Mourinho written all over it. Clever move too.

All comes down to the cup final I think, if he wins that he stays next year.

It might be a 5D chess move from Jose, but he could've quite easily just sat back and see how it all played out. If they lose the cup final and he gets sacked because of that, he gets a nice big payout, if they win, he improves in the eyes of the owners and the fans.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 19 Apr 2021 10:53

NathStPaul

Think it’s a mixture of both. He’s always respected and valued the competition of the Premier League, hence during his periods of unemployment, he’s always waited around for a Prem job. I can certainly see him being against the move

By the same token, he’s always been someone that cares about his own reputation and how he looks. Looks conveniently better for him now that he’s been sacked because of this rather than a “performance related” one

Either way, I doubt they’d have sacked him just 6 days before a final, especially considering he’s one of the few managers that have got the better of Pep this season

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 19 Apr 2021 10:57

URZZZZ
NathStPaul

Think it’s a mixture of both. He’s always respected and valued the competition of the Premier League, hence during his periods of unemployment, he’s always waited around for a Prem job. I can certainly see him being against the move

By the same token, he’s always been someone that cares about his own reputation and how he looks. Looks conveniently better for him now that he’s been sacked because of this rather than a “performance related” one

Either way, I doubt they’d have sacked him just 6 days before a final, especially considering he’s one of the few managers that have got the better of Pep this season

If it is purely down to Super League opposiition then it shows just how serious the big 5, and Arsenal, are about it. When it all falls through they can never ever be forgiven.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 19 Apr 2021 10:57

NathStPaul
URZZZZ
NathStPaul You don't think Mourinho had a hint his sacking was coming soon anyway and did this to save face? Call me cyincal but that has Mourinho written all over it. Clever move too.

If it is purely down to Super League opposiition then it shows just how serious the big 5, and Arsenal, are about it. When it all falls through they can never ever be forgiven.

lol

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 19 Apr 2021 11:00

parody account apparently

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 19 Apr 2021 11:16

Not sure we’ll ever know the full story - Jose isn’t exactly someone known for always telling the truth

In the wider picture though, it was a really odd appointment in the first place. Whilst it was definitely the right decision to sack Pochettino, Mourinho’s team has always been based on solidity and not giving much away to the opposition, yet he took over a team which had Aurier, Rose, Dier and Sanchez in their defence, four calamities who frequently give goals away

Did think he’d win a trophy, and given that Mourinho is the only manager to have ever beaten Pep in a final before, I can’t really comprehend the decision at this stage, even if he did kick off
Fully expected the announcement to be made this time in a week tbf

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 19 Apr 2021 11:30

@Dan_KP #thfc Club source insisting ‘zero link’ between Super League announcement and timing of sacking. Understand caretaker - looks like Mason & Powell - to be in place for rest of the season.

From prominent Spurs journo

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 19 Apr 2021 11:47

genome @Dan_KP #thfc Club source insisting ‘zero link’ between Super League announcement and timing of sacking. Understand caretaker - looks like Mason & Powell - to be in place for rest of the season.

Just don’t see the logic of sacking him 6 days before a final after going 13 years without a trophy

Even if he wasn’t popular amongst the players, do they really think Ryan Mason will beat Pep?
Even if not directly ESL related, it’s got to be a deflection from it

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 19 Apr 2021 11:50

URZZZZ
genome @Dan_KP #thfc Club source insisting ‘zero link’ between Super League announcement and timing of sacking. Understand caretaker - looks like Mason & Powell - to be in place for rest of the season.

Just don’t see the logic of sacking him 6 days before a final after going 13 years without a trophy

Even if he wasn’t popular amongst the players, do they really think Ryan Mason will beat Pep?

I would guess the senior players have gone to the chairman and expressed a desire for Jose not to be there and having another manager in charge will increase their chances of winning the cup final. If Harry Kane has gone in and said "If Jose stays, I'm off" then thats a pretty powerful argument for getting rid og Mourinho. No player on earth should have that power of course, just the way of it in this day and age.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 19 Apr 2021 11:54

URZZZZ

Miguel Delaney saying that Jose had lost practically the entire squad

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 19 Apr 2021 11:54

NathStPaul
URZZZZ

I would guess the senior players have gone to the chairman and expressed a desire for Jose not to be there and having another manager in charge will increase their chances of winning the cup final. If Harry Kane has gone in and said "If Jose stays, I'm off" then thats a pretty powerful argument for getting rid og Mourinho. No player on earth should have that power of course, just the way of it in this day and age.

Possibly but I believe Kane is one of the few players that still supported Mourinho

Given it’s been Kane’s most productive season from a personal perspective, I doubt he’d be one of the ones going off and saying that

More likely the likes of Alli, Bale, N’Dombele, three wasters who think they’re better than what they are

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 19 Apr 2021 11:55

URZZZZ
NathStPaul
URZZZZ

Possibly but I believe Kane is one of the few players that still supported Mourinho

Given it’s been Kane’s most productive season from a personal perspective, I doubt he’d be one of the ones going off and saying that

More likely the likes of Alli, Bale, N’Dombele, three wasters who think they’re better than what they are

Yeah I don't think Kane would be the one to instigate it but he is the one with the most sway so possibly he is the spokesman for the players. Obviously just speculation, sure the real story will come out in time.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 19 Apr 2021 11:56

genome
URZZZZ

He probably did

He seems to have a bizarre negative effect on players

Alli/Shaw/Dier even Loris come to mind

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 19 Apr 2021 11:58

genome
URZZZZ

In which case, given their poor form started around Christmas - this would have built up over time, surely the logical thing to do would have been to sack him after the embarrassing defeat in the EL. Will reiterate, 6 days before a final (and him being the only manager to have beaten Pep in a final) makes zero sense and is completely mental

Do hate player power these days. Can’t imagine Mourinho is easy to work with by any stretch, but the self entitlement of some players is disgusting

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 19 Apr 2021 12:02

Simmops
genome
URZZZZ

He probably did

He seems to have a bizarre negative effect on players

Alli/Shaw/Dier even Loris come to mind

Alli and Dier were both poor before Jose came in. Hence the articles of “Can Jose transform Alli around” when he came in for example

Shaw is a possible one but easy to forget Mourinho gave him a 5 year contract in the season he was sacked so clearly saw something in him

Two players that have gone downhill IMO since the appointment have been Winks and Lucas, although I don’t think either were particularly great before he came in

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 19 Apr 2021 12:26

URZZZZ
genome
URZZZZ

In which case, given their poor form started around Christmas - this would have built up over time, surely the logical thing to do would have been to sack him after the embarrassing defeat in the EL. Will reiterate, 6 days before a final (and him being the only manager to have beaten Pep in a final) makes zero sense and is completely mental

Do hate player power these days. Can’t imagine Mourinho is easy to work with by any stretch, but the self entitlement of some players is disgusting

The timing does suggest "something" happened in the last day or two.

884 posts