SpuROFLs

884 posts
Jack Celliers
Hob Nob Regular

Re: SpuROFLs

by Jack Celliers » 08 Nov 2018 21:55

Kane is playing in a different position this year, with Moura coming into the side and Dele Alli being injured, as well as being knackered, so to still score loads of goals just shows what a natural goalscorer he is. He has actually looked quite a good footballer running wide and sitting back a bit, but just seems so lethargic when he gets in the box.

Do Spurs fans know their Neil Young? I wanted to sing, "you are a like a Harry Kane," when I saw the pictures in the paper on Wednesday morning.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 17 Dec 2018 12:34

Tottenham Hotspur v Borussia Dortmund in the last 16

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 23 Dec 2018 17:51

2-6 right now, crazy game.

What's odd is the game hasn't felt to me like a 2-6 type of match should do. Spurs have scored 6 away from home against a decent side yet haven't looked as good as you would think (they have looked their usual decent selves mind) And Everton have shipped 6 goals at home yet haven't looked that bad.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 09 Jan 2019 10:36

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46807185

Daniel Levy announces that Spurs new stadium will not be ready until 'at least March'. Which probably means next season now.
After all this is sorted it will be interesting to find out exactly what has caused the delays - the club has been inviting the media in for tours and the stadium has essentially been built for four months already.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 09 Jan 2019 10:50

Sanguine https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46807185

Daniel Levy announces that Spurs new stadium will not be ready until 'at least March'. Which probably means next season now.
After all this is sorted it will be interesting to find out exactly what has caused the delays - the club has been inviting the media in for tours and the stadium has essentially been built for four months already.

At this point Spurs should just postpone it until next season, dragging it out is embarrassing for the club.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 09 Jan 2019 11:07

genome

At this point Spurs should just postpone it until next season, dragging it out is embarrassing for the club.

Agreed, they should wait until the next year and open it with the first game of the new season.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 09 Jan 2019 20:31

Hendo
genome

Agreed, they should wait until the next year and open it with the first game of the new season.

Yeah but that's hard on Poochie who may never get to manage there because he will be at Madrid/Barca/Man United....delete as applicable.....next season.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 27 Jan 2019 22:46

Couple of Spurs supporting ex work colleagues really upset tonight. Funny thing is, they both used to be Liverpool fans and jumped ship to Spurs just before Rodgers got the sack.

I feel it's my duty to keep them up to date with goings on at Anfield.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 27 Jan 2019 23:31

From Despair To Where? Couple of Spurs supporting ex work colleagues really upset tonight. Funny thing is, they both used to be Liverpool fans and jumped ship to Spurs just before Rodgers got the sack.

I feel it's my duty to keep them up to date with goings on at Anfield.

You need better friends. Anyone who switches teams should be jailed.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 28 Jan 2019 00:37

I was at Palace today. Spurs were fcuking abysmal. Palace just sat there and waited for them to give the ball away.

Why Erickson wasn’t playing is mystifying however the fact that Spurs are a 3 man team is fairly clear. They were shit.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 28 Jan 2019 08:26

Yes, but they were playing the reserves and most of that team had pretty much no minutes together this season... it's no surprise they were a shambles. No Kane, Son, Dele of course, but Eriksen, Alderweireld and Sissoko were left out, and Rose, Winks and Lamela were left on the bench. That's pretty much most of their first team.

Honestly, I think Poch threw this one.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 28 Jan 2019 08:41

genome Yes, but they were playing the reserves and most of that team had pretty much no minutes together this season... it's no surprise they were a shambles. No Kane, Son, Dele of course, but Eriksen, Alderweireld and Sissoko were left out, and Rose, Winks and Lamela were left on the bench. That's pretty much most of their first team.

Better hope they finish in the top 4 then. They should do but all it takes is for them to draw a couple (no draws as yet this season) and things could get very tense.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 28 Jan 2019 08:55

genome Yes, but they were playing the reserves and most of that team had pretty much no minutes together this season... it's no surprise they were a shambles. No Kane, Son, Dele of course, but Eriksen, Alderweireld and Sissoko were left out, and Rose, Winks and Lamela were left on the bench. That's pretty much most of their first team.

Lamela was on second half and did nothing.

My point was that they rely too much on a few players. The rest were very ordinary.

What the manager was doing in the rotation is baffling.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 28 Jan 2019 09:08

Got nothing against Spurs but some of their fans are complete melts.

"Hi, I got into football after it became cool to like England again last summer and I didn't want to feel left out, I'm early 30's, single, have 2 cats and mildly aspirational life goals but nothing that requires too much effort or commitment. I'm a Spurs superfan and I have both Harry Kane and Deli Ali duvet covers"

It remends me of the old Fast Show Arsenal fan.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 28 Jan 2019 09:50

Erm... I know a lot of Spurs fans and don't think I've ever come across anyone like that.

But anyway I think it's well documented on here that I have some bias in favour of Tottenham

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 28 Jan 2019 09:54

Stranded

Better hope they finish in the top 4 then. They should do but all it takes is for them to draw a couple (no draws as yet this season) and things could get very tense.

I can understand Poch's thinking. Secure top four for the new stadium at all costs. And it's going to be difficult to do that with a threadbare squad fighting on multiple fronts.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 28 Jan 2019 10:00

genome Erm... I know a lot of Spurs fans and don't think I've ever come across anyone like that.

But anyway I think it's well documented on here that I have some bias in favour of Tottenham

Living up north, I don't tend to meet any dyed in the wool Spurs fans but they do seem to be attracting a particularly special breed of bandwagon jumping mongtard, the type who don't know who Bill Nicholson is even though the club's whole culture and ethos is based on the legacy of his teams.
Last edited by From Despair To Where? on 28 Jan 2019 10:04, edited 1 time in total.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 28 Jan 2019 10:03

From Despair To Where?
genome Erm... I know a lot of Spurs fans and don't think I've ever come across anyone like that.

Living up north, I don't tend to meet any dyed in the wool Spurs fans but they do seem to be attracting a particularly special breed of bandwagon jumping mongtard up here.

Fair :lol:

Pretty much all the Spurs fans I know are your "fackin' ell" types

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 28 Jan 2019 10:09

genome
Stranded

I can understand Poch's thinking. Secure top four for the new stadium at all costs. And it's going to be difficult to do that with a threadbare squad fighting on multiple fronts.

Yeah, there is logic there but I will never get the view that football isn't about winning trophies at the level Spurs see themselves at.

It is a general problem with the way teams attack the FA Cup - whilst it's been fun seeing Millwall, Wimbledon, Newport etc knock out PL sides it now leaves the cup in the situation whereby before the 5th round draw is made, you pretty much know that the final is going to be either two of Man City, Man Utd and Chelsea or if the draw pairs them before the final, we'll end up with say Chelsea V Watford and a comfortable 3-1 win for Chelsea.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 28 Jan 2019 10:14

Stranded
genome
Stranded

Yeah, there is logic there but I will never get the view that football isn't about winning trophies at the level Spurs see themselves at.

It is a general problem with the way teams attack the FA Cup - whilst it's been fun seeing Millwall, Wimbledon, Newport etc knock out PL sides it now leaves the cup in the situation whereby before the 5th round draw is made, you pretty much know that the final is going to be either two of Man City, Man Utd and Chelsea or if the draw pairs them before the final, we'll end up with say Chelsea V Watford and a comfortable 3-1 win for Chelsea.

I think Spurs normally do take the FA Cup seriously, but this year they've not bothered due to the squad issues right at the wrong time and the impending stadium move. I do agree though. Why teams like Everton, West Ham don't go all out to win it, I'll never know. They won't break the top six, they won't go down, what else exactly do they have to compete for?

884 posts