SpuROFLs

884 posts
Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

Re: SpuROFLs

by Winston Biscuit » 08 Mar 2021 12:28

Only two teams from Europe's top-five leagues have scored 100 goals this season:

106 - Bayern Munich
100 - Tottenham

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 08 Mar 2021 14:30

Winston Biscuit
Only two teams from Europe's top-five leagues have scored 100 goals this season:

106 - Bayern Munich
100 - Tottenham

57 in 17 games outside of the Premier League. :shock:

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 08 Mar 2021 19:27

Before we blow too much smoke up their collective arses, 35 of those have been in the Europa League against some far from heavyweight sides. They've played 2 from Austria, 2 from Bulgaria, 1 from Israel, 1 from Macedonia and 1 from Belgium.

Thats also not to mention Marine and Wycombe in the FA Cup.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 08 Mar 2021 20:12

From Despair To Where? Before we blow too much smoke up their collective arses, 35 of those have been in the Europa League against some far from heavyweight sides. They've played 2 from Austria, 2 from Bulgaria, 1 from Israel, 1 from Macedonia and 1 from Belgium.

Seem to remember they got 6 away at some other minnows as well

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 08 Mar 2021 20:20

They got 4 at Everton in the Cup. And lost.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 08 Mar 2021 22:01

From Despair To Where? Before we blow too much smoke up their collective arses, 35 of those have been in the Europa League against some far from heavyweight sides. They've played 2 from Austria, 2 from Bulgaria, 1 from Israel, 1 from Macedonia and 1 from Belgium.

Can only beat what’s in front of them

Scored a fair few in the league, only really struggled for goals when Kane was out, which, admittedly is still a fault of Spurs’ for not adapting to playing without him as he seems to pick up injuries each season

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 08 Mar 2021 22:02

For Bayern - none of the seven sides that they have played twice in the league so far this season have avoided conceding at least four goals in at least one of their matches.

Schalke 8-0 and 4-0
Hoffenheim 1-4 and 4-1
Hertha BSC 4-3 and 1-0
Armenia Bielefeld 4-1 and 3-3
Eintracht Frankfurt 5-0 and 1-2
Borussia Dortmund 3-2 and 4-2
FC Koln 2-1 and 5-1

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 09 Mar 2021 06:53

URZZZZ

Can only beat what’s in front of them

Scored a fair few in the league, only really struggled for goals when Kane was out, which, admittedly is still a fault of Spurs’ for not adapting to playing without him as he seems to pick up injuries each season

I get that but when you're playing 15+ games against teams from weaker leagues (their toughest European game to date was against the 4th best team in the 9th best league), sounds like they're the footballing equivalent of Graeme Hick.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 09 Mar 2021 08:55

I've never thought of Jose as an ultra defensive coach anyway. Yes he is perhaps more pragmatic when it comes to the big games or the team needs a result, but that's pretty understandable.

His first team at Chelsea were prolific goalscorers

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 09 Mar 2021 22:09

Hendo I've never thought of Jose as an ultra defensive coach anyway. Yes he is perhaps more pragmatic when it comes to the big games or the team needs a result, but that's pretty understandable.

But actually very defensive as a team.

But with a decent attacking midfielder and phenomenal forward who could cope with a route one approach

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 10 Mar 2021 08:18

John Madejski's Wallet
Hendo I've never thought of Jose as an ultra defensive coach anyway. Yes he is perhaps more pragmatic when it comes to the big games or the team needs a result, but that's pretty understandable.

But actually very defensive as a team.

But with a decent attacking midfielder and phenomenal forward who could cope with a route one approach

Yeah. Set up solid and go direct. Have Lampard (RIP) arrive and score.

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 14 Mar 2021 19:33

Another tactical masterclass from Maureen. His concept of trying to win matches without attacking is just :shock:

Still very funny :D

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 14 Mar 2021 19:43

Royality creeps In Another tactical masterclass from Maureen. His concept of trying to win matches without attacking is just :shock:

103 goals this season suggests not, I notice you haven’t popped up recently on this thread, yet one defeat later and you’re straight back :roll:

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 15 Mar 2021 06:47

URZZZZ
Royality creeps In Another tactical masterclass from Maureen. His concept of trying to win matches without attacking is just :shock:

103 goals this season suggests not, I notice you haven’t popped up recently on this thread, yet one defeat later and you’re straight back :roll:

I do not hide the fact I dislike Spurs. Horrible club and arrogant fans

However back to football. The so called tactical genius plays four attacking players and then plays a defensive game. If that was Reading I would be pissed!

Oh. You should know that most of the goals you mention have come against the likes of Marine, Wycombe and a number of pub teams in the Europa league.
Didn’t they recently scramble a 1-0 against a struggling palace and Fulham. I think it was a single goal against Barnsley as well. Oh and one against the gooners.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 15 Mar 2021 08:06

Royality creeps In
URZZZZ

However back to football. The so called tactical genius plays four attacking players and then plays a defensive game. If that was Reading I would be pissed!

Oh. You should know that most of the goals you mention have come against the likes of Marine, Wycombe and a number of pub teams in the Europa league.
Didn’t they recently scramble a 1-0 against a struggling palace and Fulham. I think it was a single goal against Barnsley as well. Oh and one against the gooners.

They’ve scored the =4th most in the premier league so far this season (47), which accounts for nearly half their total goals :|

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Mar 2021 08:47

Hendo
Royality creeps In
URZZZZ

They’ve scored the =4th most in the premier league so far this season (47), which accounts for nearly half their total goals :|

So about half the 100 odd have come against a few shit teams then.

And they've otherwise just filled their boots in the PL against teams in dire trouble at the time they played them

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 15 Mar 2021 09:55

As do most of the "big six" clubs. How often do you get one of the big six trouncing another?

One of the last I can remember was... oh yeah, Man Utd 1-6 Tottenham

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 15 Mar 2021 10:03

genome As do most of the "big six" clubs. How often do you get one of the big six trouncing another?

One of the last I can remember was... oh yeah, Man Utd 1-6 Tottenham

Yep, goals against other big 6 teams:

Man City: 13
Man United: 3
Chelsea: 4
Liverpool: 12
Arsenal: 7
Spurs: 13

Spurs only score against the weaker teams, no?

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 15 Mar 2021 10:08

Hendo
Royality creeps In
URZZZZ

And they scored 4 against Palace, not 1
And “struggling” Fulham had just lost 1 in 8 games
And it was Chelsea who only beat Barnsley 1-0
And they’ve been in the exact same competitions as both Arsenal and Leicester, albeit (2?) qualifying games extra
And whilst we’re on the topic of 1-0 wins, Man City have had plenty of these this season which hasn’t been mentioned

Apart from that though etc etc

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 15 Mar 2021 10:50

:D Think we've fished out the Spurs fans :D

884 posts