Royality creeps In :D Think we've fished out the Spurs fans :D

Ah - typical post from someone who knows they’re wrong, got ya

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: SpuROFLs

by LUX » 15 Mar 2021 15:05

(warning, recurrent post)

Spurs are my favourite big six (?) club because they never win anything. They are always entertaining, score loads of goals, get to the verge of winning something, then fck it up.

They have had some fantastic players in the past five years, but that period is now passing and they've done nothing. Is there a League Cup somewhere?

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 15 Mar 2021 15:42

LUX (warning, recurrent post)

Spurs are my favourite big six (?) club because they never win anything. They are always entertaining, score loads of goals, get to the verge of winning something, then fck it up.

They have had some fantastic players in the past five years, but that period is now passing and they've done nothing. Is there a League Cup somewhere?

Only if City don't turn up

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 15 Mar 2021 16:03

Franchise FC
LUX (warning, recurrent post)

Only if City don't turn up

Even then, I still think Dier would find a way to lose the game

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Mar 2021 16:57

URZZZZ
genome As do most of the "big six" clubs. How often do you get one of the big six trouncing another?

One of the last I can remember was... oh yeah, Man Utd 1-6 Tottenham

Yep, goals against other big 6 teams:

Man City: 13
Man United: 3
Chelsea: 4
Liverpool: 12
Arsenal: 7
Spurs: 13

Spurs only score against the weaker teams, no?

Utd started the season shit didn't they?

Liverpool and Arsenal aren't in the top six. Neither are Spurs tbf.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 18 Mar 2021 20:29

jesus christ

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 18 Mar 2021 20:33

I’ve defended Mourinho throughout here but his constant inclusion of Dier and Sanchez should be a sackable offence, both absolutely woeful tonight with the pivot ahead of average Winks and Sissoko not being much better

Won’t last much longer unless they get some top defenders in

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 18 Mar 2021 21:13

URZZZZ I’ve defended Mourinho throughout here but his constant inclusion of Dier and Sanchez should be a sackable offence, both absolutely woeful tonight with the pivot ahead of average Winks and Sissoko not being much better

Sissoko was head and shoulders the shittest player and that takes some doing with Aurier, Sanchez, Winks and Dier around
(Technical point, but can you be head and shoulders above to be the shittest ?)

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 18 Mar 2021 21:18

I'm not going to laugh. Really, I'm not going to... oh, fcuk it

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 18 Mar 2021 21:33

I used to rather guiltily like Spurs under Pochettino, now I am thrilled to bits seeing them collapse under Mourinho.

When will clubs learn? He is toxic and completely out dated. Shame the fans aren’t allowed in so we could hear the jeers from the stands.

Loving it.

(Please let City humiliate them in the Cup Final!)

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 18 Mar 2021 21:51

Yeah, I've nothing against Spurs particularly, just hate Mourinho.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 18 Mar 2021 22:49

That was a sensational game. 3 cracking goals, the first one was great and the last was aided a bit by shocking defending. Genuinely game saving save in extra time from the kane from 6 yards out by the keeper.

That orsic looks like a right tidy player. Probably end up at West ham next season :lol:

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 18 Mar 2021 23:14

From Despair To Where? Yeah, I've nothing against Spurs particularly, just hate Mourinho.

I know you don’t think so but I do think he’s somewhat mellowed from his older days. Some of his comments/actions are still peculiar but incomparable to what he used to be like

Sure, he plays mind games and can still be a bit of an arse but he’s certainly not alone in that with respect to the Prem managers - most of which spend their entire time complaining about one thing or another

I think his biggest problem now is he’s trying so hard to try and prove himself as still successful in England but the reality is he’s not quite got to grips with the modern game - and he doesn’t want to admit so

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 18 Mar 2021 23:27

Interesting comments from Lloris. “Our team is a reflection of what’s going on at the club.”

Hmm.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 19 Mar 2021 01:13

Franchise FC
URZZZZ I’ve defended Mourinho throughout here but his constant inclusion of Dier and Sanchez should be a sackable offence, both absolutely woeful tonight with the pivot ahead of average Winks and Sissoko not being much better

Sissoko was head and shoulders the shittest player and that takes some doing with Aurier, Sanchez, Winks and Dier around
(Technical point, but can you be head and shoulders above to be the shittest ?)

Joe Hart can be :wink:

Can also include Davies to that list tbf but he isn’t quite at the level of the others

Underbelly of the squad of players is rank, and needs to be addressed - far from just Mourinho’s fault although he’s not helping himself. Will emphasise they went 11 months without a league run away from home, were knocked out by Colchester and lost to Bayern 7-2 just before Mourinho came in so it’s clear this group of players aren’t good enough and must take a fair share of the blame

Aside from Reguilon, PEH, Son, Lo Celsius (although he’s injury prone) and Kane - they should be willing to move anyone on, as the rest underperform on too regular an occasion

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 19 Mar 2021 06:30

URZZZZ
From Despair To Where? Yeah, I've nothing against Spurs particularly, just hate Mourinho.

I know you don’t think so but I do think he’s somewhat mellowed from his older days. Some of his comments/actions are still peculiar but incomparable to what he used to be like

Sure, he plays mind games and can still be a bit of an arse but he’s certainly not alone in that with respect to the Prem managers - most of which spend their entire time complaining about one thing or another

I think his biggest problem now is he’s trying so hard to try and prove himself as still successful in England but the reality is he’s not quite got to grips with the modern game - and he doesn’t want to admit so

He may have "mellowed" but he still thinks he's bigger than the club, still openly throws people under the bus, still blames everyone but himself for his own shortcomings, refusing to accept any responsibility and is still a wholy devisive influence. This pattern has repeated almost like clockwork in his last 6 jobs with diminishing returns. He used to be an unpleasant, obnoxious w@nker who won things. The only thing that's changed is that he doesn't win things any more.

"My players have failed at life". Fcuk off Mourinho. A team's style is a reflection of their coach.
Last edited by From Despair To Where? on 19 Mar 2021 07:12, edited 2 times in total.

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 19 Mar 2021 06:52

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

After such a shit show on Wednesday night, you can always rely on this bunch to restore my faith in football

Maureen and SpuROFLs. The gift that keeps on giving :D :D

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 19 Mar 2021 11:15

From Despair To Where?
URZZZZ

He may have "mellowed" but he still thinks he's bigger than the club, still openly throws people under the bus, still blames everyone but himself for his own shortcomings, refusing to accept any responsibility and is still a wholy devisive influence. This pattern has repeated almost like clockwork in his last 6 jobs with diminishing returns. He used to be an unpleasant, obnoxious w@nker who won things. The only thing that's changed is that he doesn't win things any more.

"My players have failed at life". Fcuk off Mourinho. A team's style is a reflection of their coach.

His approach to management, I.e criticising players in public used to work as it sparked a reaction, only in the short term of course, but it did bring initial success

I think the way footballers are now, their egos, their attitude etc don’t take the criticism as well, certainly looks like he’s alienated the squad at an earlier stage than usual. People describing Mourinho’s actions as “modern day bullying” might be spot on as players are also very good at shirking responsibility nowadays

In short, Spurs’ whole squad, from management downwards are full of very few players that accept responsibility. Talent is one thing but if the mentality/attitude isn’t there, you’re never gonna be a success and it’s precisely why Spurs have failed for so long now, even under the “great Poch”

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 19 Mar 2021 11:29

URZZZZ their ego, their attitude etc don’t take the criticism as well

But enough about Mourinho, what about about players?

It's got nothing to do with players shirking responsibility, Mourinho's been like this at every job he's had, with the same results. Same story both times at Chelsea, same story at Inter, same story in Madrid, same story at United, stoke division then blame everyone else. The only difference at Spurs is he hasn't been allowed to spaff millions of pounds in the process.
Last edited by From Despair To Where? on 19 Mar 2021 11:41, edited 1 time in total.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 19 Mar 2021 11:34

From Despair To Where?
URZZZZ their ego, their attitude etc don’t take the criticism as well

But enough about Mourinho, what about about players?

It's got nothing to do with players shirking responsibility, Mourinho's been like this at every job he's had, with the same results.

Agreed

Without Son and Kane, they do not even look a top 10 team

Their defence is abysmal

That Orsic player looks extremely good. Would not be surprised to see him in the PL soon

884 posts