SpuROFLs

884 posts
Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: SpuROFLs

by Pepe the Horseman » 25 Apr 2021 18:32

Tbf to Spurs, the guy that got the winning goal shouldn't even have been on the pitch. They would've had half a chance playing against 10 for 45 mins.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 25 Apr 2021 18:34

Harry Kane's last trophy celebration

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 25 Apr 2021 18:37

Winston Biscuit Harry Kane's last trophy celebration

Eddie Nketiah still has more medals.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 25 Apr 2021 18:38

Pepe the Horseman Tbf to Spurs, the guy that got the winning goal shouldn't even have been on the pitch. They would've had half a chance playing against 10 for 45 mins.

Don`t be silly, it`s doubtful he would have body checked the guy if he was already on a yellow.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 25 Apr 2021 18:42

windermereROYAL
Pepe the Horseman Tbf to Spurs, the guy that got the winning goal shouldn't even have been on the pitch. They would've had half a chance playing against 10 for 45 mins.

Don`t be silly, it`s doubtful he would have body checked the guy if he was already on a yellow.

I've had a howler here. Was only half watching the first half and thought he had already been booked, hence them going on about it all game. Didn't realise that was the booking.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 25 Apr 2021 18:50

Pepe the Horseman
windermereROYAL

I've had a howler here. Was only half watching the first half and thought he had already been booked, hence them going on about it all game. Didn't realise that was the booking.

I can see the confusion because it did actually pop up on Sky with a yellow (incorrectly) for the first offence

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 25 Apr 2021 18:52

URZZZZ
Pepe the Horseman
windermereROYAL

I can see the confusion because it did actually pop up on Sky with a yellow (incorrectly) for the first offence

Ah, glad to know I'm not a total idiot.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 25 Apr 2021 19:13

Pepe the Horseman
URZZZZ
Pepe the Horseman I've had a howler here. Was only half watching the first half and thought he had already been booked, hence them going on about it all game. Didn't realise that was the booking.

Not in THIS case :wink:

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 25 Apr 2021 19:23

Franchise FC
Pepe the Horseman
URZZZZ

Not in THIS case :wink:

Tap in.

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 26 Apr 2021 06:17

Ascotexgunner
Winston Biscuit Harry Kane's last trophy celebration

Eddie Nketiah still has more medals.

And Yaya Sanogo. :lol: :lol:

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 26 Apr 2021 16:14

URZZZZ Another embarrassing performance from an awful set of players

It’s almost like the problem extends beyond the manager!

Credit to Dier who had an unusually solid game though, him, Alderweireld and Lloris about the only ones that can keep their heads high after that, the rest were really poor

I don't think the subs were great to be honest. Around 70 mins with the game balanced at 0-0, that's the perfect time for Spurs to give it a go and try and nick the winner. He then takes off Lucas and GLC who were the only players able to get Spurs up the pitch all game, and puts on Bale who offered nothing, and bafflingly Sissoko (at fault for the winner) instead of Ndombele.

Ironically Spurs' defence was excellent and their attack was rubbish. Usually the other way around!

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 26 Apr 2021 17:43

genome
URZZZZ Another embarrassing performance from an awful set of players

It’s almost like the problem extends beyond the manager!

Credit to Dier who had an unusually solid game though, him, Alderweireld and Lloris about the only ones that can keep their heads high after that, the rest were really poor

I don't think the subs were great to be honest. Around 70 mins with the game balanced at 0-0, that's the perfect time for Spurs to give it a go and try and nick the winner. He then takes off Lucas and GLC who were the only players able to get Spurs up the pitch all game, and puts on Bale who offered nothing, and bafflingly Sissoko (at fault for the winner) instead of Ndombele.

Ironically Spurs' defence was excellent and their attack was rubbish. Usually the other way around!

Yep - although wasn’t particularly impressed with Aurier or Reguilon

I think Jose got a fair bit wrong with Spurs but I think he got his treatment of Bale and Alli spot on. Bale plays well against the lower teams in the division but never really stamps his authority on the bigger ones

I don’t get why Poch, Jose and now Mason so frequently use Sissoko - aside from one decent season, he’s been really poor value for money and arguably has cost them in both their last two finals!

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 29 Apr 2021 13:54

Kane putting himself out there for a transfer?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56920122

"I want to be winning the biggest prizes there are to offer and we are not quite doing that," Kane said.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 29 Apr 2021 14:02

Winston Biscuit Kane putting himself out there for a transfer?

"I want to be winning the biggest prizes there are to offer and we are not quite doing that," Kane said.

Not sure the word “quite” is needed there...

IMO he’s added some new dimensions to his game this season to make him an all rounded better player, certainly a front runner for POTS

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 29 Apr 2021 15:02

Just can't really see it happening. It's going to take north of £150m and I don't think any club will spend that on a 28 year old with glass ankles.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 29 Apr 2021 15:09

genome

Just can't really see it happening. It's going to take north of £150m and I don't think any club will spend that on a 28 year old with glass ankles.

Was listening to something yesterday about the covid effect on football and it was just chat about how the finances might just not be there anymore for these silly moves. Kane's value plummets along with everyone elses and Levy decides to just keep him to his contract as he is worth more to them

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 29 Apr 2021 17:09

genome

If Man City do not get Haaland, they will go for Kane 100%

I have inside information

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 30 Apr 2021 06:51

genome

Wouldn't rule out Kane having some sort of clause in his deal that allows him to leave for less than that should Spurs not win things or possibly he can leave for a set fee one of the foreign giants were to come in for him.
I agree with you though, I don't see him leaving Spurs this summer. I think there are far more attractive options out there for the big clubs, younger and fitter players.

Brum Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Brum Royal » 06 May 2021 20:49

Spurs fans understandably up in arms about being charged a flat £60 a ticket (plus booking fee) for a 6pm game v Villa next week

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 06 May 2021 21:41

Brum Royal Spurs fans understandably up in arms about being charged a flat £60 a ticket (plus booking fee) for a 6pm game v Villa next week

Then they shouldn't go, make a stand.
I understand the complaints about the cost of football but until supporters completely stay away the big clubs won't change. They charge £60 because they know people will pay it.

884 posts