Gay Championship player about to go public....

146 posts
stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Gay Championship player about to go public....

by stealthpapes » 24 Jul 2019 12:07

Winston Biscuit spec-f*cking-tacular thread guys!

yeah, saw who had the last post on this one and pulled out the chair.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 24 Jul 2019 12:10

Shame the guy couldn't come out.

However, I have been getting irked about the issue with gays in footy as the conversation is always about the fans.

I think the fans, by and large, will be the least fussed (though will still give him crap when he puts in a bad tackle). The other footballers though are a different matter. Football players are walking adverts for toxic masculinity, the UK are thick as fukk, and the African players will be even less tolerant I reckon

dizzynewheights
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Waitin at a red light, Kentucky Fried Chicken in, Low End Theory tape in, bass crazy kicking in

by dizzynewheights » 24 Jul 2019 12:16

John Madejski's Wallet Shame the guy couldn't come out.

However, I have been getting irked about the issue with gays in footy as the conversation is always about the fans.

I think the fans, by and large, will be the least fussed (though will still give him crap when he puts in a bad tackle). The other footballers though are a different matter. Football players are walking adverts for toxic masculinity, the UK are thick as fukk, and the African players will be even less tolerant I reckon

I for one would be applauding him as soon as he enters the tunnel

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 24 Jul 2019 12:25

I can't believe your views vic. They are moronic

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 24 Jul 2019 12:57

Victor Meldrew Football fans (apart from Cardiff and Leeds of course) are not all hooligans and are no more likely to react to a gay player who has come out than they now (don't) react in an adverse way to players of non-white race.

It is a non-issue.

Yet Kick It Out says that reports of racist abuse went up 43% last season, and of faith-based abuse up 75%. Hardly screams tolerance.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 24 Jul 2019 13:25

Victor Meldrew
Royal Rother It’s not old hat at all.

It should be but it most definitely is not.

Gay footballers are afraid to come out because they are fearful they will be treated differently by their team mates and supporters. And they are probably dead right.

Talkshite have had phone ins where some supporters have said they would not want gay men playing for their club.

It’ll change but it needs some very brave guys to start the ball rolling.

But it is old hat.
It is now unnecessary for gays to "come out" and make a big thing about it.
Nobody cares-gay pride marches just draw attention to exhibitionists.
The law changed in the 60s, get over it.

Oh look. More ignorance, allied with no empathy.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 24 Jul 2019 13:27

Snowflake Royal
Victor Meldrew
Royal Rother It’s not old hat at all.

It should be but it most definitely is not.

Gay footballers are afraid to come out because they are fearful they will be treated differently by their team mates and supporters. And they are probably dead right.

Talkshite have had phone ins where some supporters have said they would not want gay men playing for their club.

It’ll change but it needs some very brave guys to start the ball rolling.

But it is old hat.

Don't expect much from someone who on the previous page used the old 'what, are you gay or something?' trope at OMA.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 24 Jul 2019 13:36

Sanguine
Snowflake Royal
Victor Meldrew
But it is old hat.

Don't expect much from someone who on the previous page used the old 'what, are you gay or something?' trope at OMA.

And me.

Vic the bigot writes:
"There ain't no homophobic football fans" immediately before and after making homophobic comments.

It's so typical old white guy/gal bigotry. I don't see a problem or abuse so it can't be happening and they're all just cry baby exhibitionists

I don't think there'll be a problem with the vast majority of fans, and I suspect JMW may have a point that some players may be a bigger problem. But the idea that there aren't homophobic knuckledraggers at games is just mind bogglingly naive at best. Or that homophobic abuse is illegal so it can't be happening. It beggars belief.

I expect Vic will tell us next that there's no gender divide, and women should just get over feminism because he wouldn't sexually assault a woman or pay her less because of her gender. :roll:

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 24 Jul 2019 14:36

If some football fans at Sunday leage level and kids football racially abuse players and refs they will definitely abuse a gay player

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 24 Jul 2019 16:15

Snowflake Royal
Sanguine
Snowflake Royal Oh look. More ignorance, allied with no empathy.

And me.

Vic the bigot writes:
"There ain't no homophobic football fans" immediately before and after making homophobic comments.

It's so typical old white guy/gal bigotry. I don't see a problem or abuse so it can't be happening and they're all just cry baby exhibitionists

I don't think there'll be a problem with the vast majority of fans, and I suspect JMW may have a point that some players may be a bigger problem. But the idea that there aren't homophobic knuckledraggers at games is just mind bogglingly naive at best. Or that homophobic abuse is illegal so it can't be happening. It beggars belief.

I expect Vic will tell us next that there's no gender divide, and women should just get over feminism because he wouldn't sexually assault a woman or pay her less because of her gender. :roll:

Nobody said there are NO abusers in the stands-you really do exaggerate things.
You have written "there ain't no homophobic fans" as a quote and attributed it to me-you really must stop this.
Hooray, you have completed the set now by adding sexism to the list of unfounded categories by putting words into my mouth.
You don't know me and, thank the Lord I don't know you , so do cease making stuff up.. you fantasist.
You really ought to get a life Ian before life passes you by.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 24 Jul 2019 16:21

Sanguine
Snowflake Royal
Victor Meldrew
But it is old hat.

Another one making things up-poor show but then perhaps you are just mirroring your mate Boris who delights in making things up.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 24 Jul 2019 16:23

Sanguine
Victor Meldrew Football fans (apart from Cardiff and Leeds of course) are not all hooligans and are no more likely to react to a gay player who has come out than they now (don't) react in an adverse way to players of non-white race.

It is a non-issue.

Yet Kick It Out says that reports of racist abuse went up 43% last season, and of faith-based abuse up 75%. Hardly screams tolerance.

I know you don't go to football matches but you might care to ask posters on here what they hear at football matches.
I don't hear anything racist or abuse of faith and my hearing is quite good.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 24 Jul 2019 16:25

Victor Meldrew Nobody said there are NO abusers in the stands-you really do exaggerate things.

Victor Meldrew, earlier "Nobody cares" if players are gay anymore even if you do.

Victor Meldrew, earlier Nobody oxf*rd well cares.

Victor Meldrew, earlier Nobody cares-gay pride marches just draw attention to exhibitionists.

Victor Meldrew, earlier Nobody cares if players are born- agains, catholics, muslims, black or yellow so being gay is a non-story.

Victor Meldrew, earlier It is a non-issue with we fans because we just don't care

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 24 Jul 2019 16:30

genome
Victor Meldrew Nobody said there are NO abusers in the stands-you really do exaggerate things.

Victor Meldrew, earlier "Nobody cares" if players are gay anymore even if you do.

Victor Meldrew, earlier Nobody cares-gay pride marches just draw attention to exhibitionists.

Victor Meldrew, earlier Nobody cares if players are born- agains, catholics, muslims, black or yellow so being gay is a non-story.

Victor Meldrew, earlier It is a non-issue with we fans because we just don't care

So?
Nobody cares, nobody cares, nobody cares.
In the eyes of some beholders that is in some way homophobic.
Surely a homophobic comment would be that people do care that players are gay.
There is thick and there is thick and some posters on here (you know who you are) are just thick -the sort that failed exams by not reading the questions and here it is not reading the postings but eagerness to put a particular slant on things to fulfil an agenda.

I heard somebody say the other day that the under 40s (sweeping generalisation) love to be offended on behalf of others-there seems to be is some perverse pleasure derived from being offended.
Such is the case with some suspects on here.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 24 Jul 2019 16:44

Will come in useful if you want to carry on, VM.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 24 Jul 2019 17:12

dizzynewheights
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Waitin at a red light, Kentucky Fried Chicken in, Low End Theory tape in, bass crazy kicking in

by dizzynewheights » 24 Jul 2019 17:34

Victor Meldrew
I heard somebody say the other day that the under 40s (sweeping generalisation) love to be offended on behalf of others-there seems to be is some perverse pleasure derived from being offended.
Such is the case with some suspects on here.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 24 Jul 2019 17:56

genome

Jesus pfucking Christ Vic.

Dig any deeper and you will be at grand canyon level m9.

I am genuinely sitting here having a shit in disbelief that you said you have good hearing and have never heard anybody say anything racist therefore it doesn't happen.

You are pfucking deluded. This thread is Kes levels of stupidity and ignorance.

What does this even mean? Do you know why there is a gay pride?

"Victor Meldrew, earlier
Nobody cares-gay pride marches just draw attention to exhibitionists."

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 24 Jul 2019 18:07

The Enfield Royal71
genome

I am genuinely sitting here having a shit in disbelief that you said you have good hearing and have never heard anybody say anything racist therefore it doesn't happen.

"Victor Meldrew, earlier

Enjoy having a shit-it is usually what comes out of your mouth as one of the thickies that I referred to earlier.
I didn't say that I had never heard racist stuff at football-it just doesn't happen now or at least not around where I sit at the Mad Stad.
I would prefer it if you didn't use profanities (look it up in a dictionary).

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 24 Jul 2019 18:14

Victor Meldrew
The Enfield Royal71
genome

"Victor Meldrew, earlier

Enjoy having a shit-it is usually what comes out of your mouth as one of the thickies that I referred to earlier.
I didn't say that I had never heard racist stuff at football-it just doesn't happen now or at least not around where I sit at the Mad Stad.
I would prefer it if you didn't use profanities (look it up in a dictionary).

Why did you say gay pride was about exhibitionist behaviour?

Of course racism happens at football matches you doorknob. Just because you don't hear it in the mad stad family section around the rest of the middle class cardigan wearers doesn't mean it doesn't happen....

If you go on Google for 3 seconds you will see racism in English football......
Stop sweeping it under the carpet

I have been playing a football game before when somebody called our goalkeeper a n***** and to go back to Africa.

You are a typical ignorant gammon.

146 posts