Gay Championship player about to go public....

146 posts
Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Gay Championship player about to go public....

by Victor Meldrew » 24 Jul 2019 19:25

The Enfield Royal71
Victor Meldrew
The Enfield Royal71
Jesus pfucking Christ Vic.

Dig any deeper and you will be at grand canyon level m9.

I am genuinely sitting here having a shit in disbelief that you said you have good hearing and have never heard anybody say anything racist therefore it doesn't happen.

You are pfucking deluded. This thread is Kes levels of stupidity and ignorance.

What does this even mean? Do you know why there is a gay pride?

"Victor Meldrew, earlier
Nobody cares-gay pride marches just draw attention to exhibitionists."

Enjoy having a shit-it is usually what comes out of your mouth as one of the thickies that I referred to earlier.
I didn't say that I had never heard racist stuff at football-it just doesn't happen now or at least not around where I sit at the Mad Stad.
I would prefer it if you didn't use profanities (look it up in a dictionary).

Why did you say gay pride was about exhibitionist behaviour?

Of course racism happens at football matches you doorknob. Just because you don't hear it in the mad stad family section around the rest of the middle class cardigan wearers doesn't mean it doesn't happen....

If you go on Google for 3 seconds you will see racism in English football......
Stop sweeping it under the carpet

I have been playing a football game before when somebody called our goalkeeper a n***** and to go back to Africa.

You are a typical ignorant gammon.

I can now add ignorant and gammon to the list of insults from the HNA intelligentsia.
What have we bred in this country?

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 24 Jul 2019 20:04

I think it's a huge leap to extrapolate that because you have heard no homophobic abuse and do not consider it's issue that that is the case throughout football.

I wonder if Brighton fans, for example, would share the same experience and I've certainly heard Reading fans sing "Does your boyfriend know you're here?" at them.

Or is that just "banter"? It can't be racist, or sexist or homophobic, it's just banter. That's the football way, isn't it? Have a bit of "banter" with someone perceived as different.
Last edited by From Despair To Where? on 24 Jul 2019 20:11, edited 1 time in total.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 24 Jul 2019 20:10

From Despair To Where? I think it's a huge leap to extrapolate that because you have heard no homophobic abuse and do not consider it's issue that that is the case throughout football. I wonder if Brighton fans, for example, would share the same experience and I've certainly heard Reading fans sing "Does your boyfriend know you're here?" at them.

Or is that just "banter"?

It is far from being a perfect world but we are light years away from where we were in the 70s and I would suggest that abuse of players for whatever reason (other than your own when they are no good) is minor rather than major.
This reflects society as a whole.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 24 Jul 2019 20:13

So because it's not as bad as it was, that's OK?

Since when were we satisfied with judging ourselves against the lowest common denominator?

So what level of racism or homophobia is acceptable if it's just a minor problem? What constitutes banter and when does it become abuse? I'd suggest it's the target of the banter that makes that distinction. In the case of racism or homophobia, I doubt that would be you.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 24 Jul 2019 20:35

Vic just keeps digging. Quite incredible.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 24 Jul 2019 20:38

From Despair To Where? So because it's not as bad as it was, that's OK?

Since when were we satisfied with judging ourselves against the lowest common denominator?

So what level of racism or homophobia is acceptable if it's just a minor problem? What constitutes banter and when does it become abuse? I'd suggest it's the target of the banter that makes that distinction. In the case of racism or homophobia, I doubt that would be you.

A very big question, that of degree.
I used 70s as an extreme example-the aim should of course be total elimination but that just won't happen.

I am never sure what is banter.
Does it even exist anymore?
Is it calling everybody west of Reading sheep-shaggers or similar enlightened humour?

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 24 Jul 2019 20:48

Old Man Andrews Vic just keeps digging. Quite incredible.

I'll take you back to many pages ago where I agreed with Athletico that I don't care what anybody's sexual orientation, their religion or race is-I just want us to have good footballers.
Now if anybody sees that as being homophobic they are blind and there appear to be quite a few of those on here.

Before anyone adds "blindist" to the many derogatory terms thrown at me can I just say that I am blind in one eye so it is unlikely that I would diss myself but I will spare anybody a posting to say "blinkered" is the obvious (and in my view not true) take on this topic.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 24 Jul 2019 21:09

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 24 Jul 2019 21:28

Victor Meldrew
The Enfield Royal71
Victor Meldrew
Enjoy having a shit-it is usually what comes out of your mouth as one of the thickies that I referred to earlier.
I didn't say that I had never heard racist stuff at football-it just doesn't happen now or at least not around where I sit at the Mad Stad.
I would prefer it if you didn't use profanities (look it up in a dictionary).

Why did you say gay pride was about exhibitionist behaviour?

Of course racism happens at football matches you doorknob. Just because you don't hear it in the mad stad family section around the rest of the middle class cardigan wearers doesn't mean it doesn't happen....

If you go on Google for 3 seconds you will see racism in English football......
Stop sweeping it under the carpet

I have been playing a football game before when somebody called our goalkeeper a n***** and to go back to Africa.

You are a typical ignorant gammon.

I can now add ignorant and gammon to the list of insults from the HNA intelligentsia.
What have we bred in this country?

Why are you refusing to answer my questions? It's almost like you have said 2 extremely ignorant statements and can't back them up with any decent answers.

So.......

Why do you think Gay pride is full of , and for, exhibitionists?

Why do you think racism and homophobia isn't an issue in football and doesn't happen because you havent heard it?

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 24 Jul 2019 21:28

Platypuss

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 24 Jul 2019 21:42

Victor Meldrew
From Despair To Where? I think it's a huge leap to extrapolate that because you have heard no homophobic abuse and do not consider it's issue that that is the case throughout football. I wonder if Brighton fans, for example, would share the same experience and I've certainly heard Reading fans sing "Does your boyfriend know you're here?" at them.

Or is that just "banter"?

It is far from being a perfect world but we are light years away from where we were in the 70s and I would suggest that abuse of players for whatever reason (other than your own when they are no good) is minor rather than major.
This reflects society as a whole.

So you would say that somebody calling Raheem Sterling a N***** is Minor then and we should brush it off as 'banter'?

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 24 Jul 2019 21:50

dizzynewheights
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Waitin at a red light, Kentucky Fried Chicken in, Low End Theory tape in, bass crazy kicking in

by dizzynewheights » 24 Jul 2019 22:25

Anyway, thanks for the 5 pager Cyclops me old pal

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 24 Jul 2019 22:46

cba reading any of this but to summarize

Vic hates the gays...roughly right or no?

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 24 Jul 2019 22:57

What do you have to say about these statistics Vic? Still think its "banter" or it doesn't happen because you don't hear it?

Reports of racist abuse rose by 43% last season, Kick It Out figures show - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49089209

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 24 Jul 2019 23:10

BR0B0T cba reading any of this but to summarize

If Vic hasn't seen or heard something then it hasn't happened is the moral of the story.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 24 Jul 2019 23:23

Sanguine
Victor Meldrew Football fans (apart from Cardiff and Leeds of course) are not all hooligans and are no more likely to react to a gay player who has come out than they now (don't) react in an adverse way to players of non-white race.

It is a non-issue.

Yet Kick It Out says that reports of racist abuse went up 43% last season, and of faith-based abuse up 75%. Hardly screams tolerance.

Those figures are shameful.Clubs have to be a lot more diligent and a lot tougher in kicking these scummy fans out of the grounds on a permanent basis. To be returning to the 1970’s is unacceptable. Some of my cousins who are mixed race were subjected to monkey chants when they were young. That’s nearly fifty years ago FFS. I remember it well. Yet all these years later it’s still happening, We are going backwards in this respect.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 25 Jul 2019 00:47

Old Man Andrews
BR0B0T cba reading any of this but to summarize

If Vic hasn't seen or heard something then it hasn't happened is the moral of the story.

.....and it's just banter anyway so they should chill out a bit.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 25 Jul 2019 09:53

Victor Meldrew
Sanguine Don't expect much from someone who on the previous page used the old 'what, are you gay or something?' trope at OMA.

Another one making things up-poor show but then perhaps you are just mirroring your mate Boris who delights in making things up.

I'm not making anything up. Your complete quote was 'I am wondering why you are getting so excited about this topic-if you are desperate to come out then do it-man up.'

I mean, Christ, that's straight out of the 70s/80s playbook - 'why are so interested? are you gay or something?'

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 25 Jul 2019 09:56

I'm pretty sure Vic gave up a couple of pages back and is now on the wind-up.

146 posts