Subs not ready

12 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Subs not ready

by Franchise FC » 16 Feb 2020 12:29

Can anyone explain why subs are not ready to come on ?

No shirt, no shin pads.

Seems to me that, when there is a need for a relatively quick sub, the player coming on is rushing and so not in the right frame of mind from the outset. It can cause the team to lose momentum as well.

Celtic just achieved exactly that.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Subs not ready

by South Coast Royal » 16 Feb 2020 13:30

Franchise FC Can anyone explain why subs are not ready to come on ?

No shirt, no shin pads.

Seems to me that, when there is a need for a relatively quick sub, the player coming on is rushing and so not in the right frame of mind from the outset. It can cause the team to lose momentum as well.

Anything that stops Celtic is fine with me. :wink:
I agree though with your general point but subs can't be really ready can they?.
I believe with some clubs a player will spend a few minutes on a bike before coming on which surely prevents injuries-a couple of minutes delay in getting ready is time well spent doing that but if it just a case of taking time putting a shirt and boots on then no it shouldn't take ages.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 16 Feb 2020 14:08

South Coast Royal

No shirt, no shin pads.

Anything that stops Celtic is fine with me. :wink:
I agree though with your general point but subs can't be really ready can they?.
I believe with some clubs a player will spend a few minutes on a bike before coming on which surely prevents injuries-a couple of minutes delay in getting ready is time well spent doing that but if it just a case of taking time putting a shirt and boots on then no it shouldn't take ages.

It’s the kit thing that irritates me.
Warming up is fine, that makes complete sense, but not having your kit on is... RIDICULOUS

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 17 Feb 2020 14:09

Iirc an Everton sub was waiting on the touchline to come on last week and then realised he only had one sock on. :D

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 17 Feb 2020 15:33

Sanguine Iirc an Everton sub was waiting on the touchline to come on last week and then realised he only had one sock on. :D

That is absolutely unforgivable - for an Under-9's game

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 17 Feb 2020 16:13

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 17 Feb 2020 16:41

Ancelotti's reaction is brilliant :lol: :lol: :lol:

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 17 Feb 2020 22:14

Mason Mount today, footballers are idiots

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 18 Feb 2020 10:11

No shirt, no shin pads.

Yeah - i never understand this.

Also - and it happened at weekend - players who go down soft as 5h1t and then feign injury. Game goes on around them. Opposition team then breakaway and score. As a manager id be fuming at that player, get up and track back. Amazes me this is tolerated.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 18 Feb 2020 10:30

paultheroyal

No shirt, no shin pads.

Yeah - i never understand this.

Also - and it happened at weekend - players who go down soft as 5h1t and then feign injury. Game goes on around them. Opposition team then breakaway and score. As a manager id be fuming at that player, get up and track back. Amazes me this is tolerated.

The ones that annoy me more are the ones that go down, stay down until their team get the ball back, then up and sprint into position as if nothing has happened (which is, of course, exactly the case - nothing happened)

If they go down, stay down and the opposition score, then that's on them and their team mates should be giving them a right rollicking. Unfortunately, those same team mates save the rollicking for the referee.

I've also noticed a distinct trend in the last 18 months or so that, whenever a player goes down, they always hold their head, even if it's a foot that's 'hurt'. Clearly an attempt to stop the game.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 18 Feb 2020 10:53

See also, player goes down and his team and their fans scream at the opposition to kick the ball out, opposition rightly play on but then give the ball away at which point do the "injured" player's team kick the ball into touch? Do they fvck as like

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 18 Feb 2020 16:44

I remember years ago Mcghee properly slapping Scott Taylor round the back of the head for having his warm up shirt on underneath his tracksuit rather than his match shirt.

12 posts   •   Page 1 of 1