Ups & Downs 19/20

243 posts
BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Ups & Downs 19/20

by BR0B0T » 25 Feb 2020 21:33

Rem the poster Ups & Down...what an absolute pcunt he was!

Only joking Scuttz!!!

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 26 Feb 2020 06:11

Sanguine I like 'new' teams, so supporting Harrogate Town (who only reached National League level two years ago) in their promotion push - looks like them or Barrow for the automatic spot.

Could be any of about 12 clubs for the National League playoffs - Boreham Wood (would also be new entrants to the FL) are in third on 55 points, and Woking are 13th just six points behind. :shock: Bromley and Solihull Moors in that play-off picture too.

Please God, not Barrow. It's 2hrs from anywhere. It's like stepping onto the set of Deliverance.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 26 Feb 2020 06:22

BR0B0T Rem the poster Ups & Down...what an absolute pcunt he was!

Only joking Scuttz!!!

Heard he renamed himself BR0B0T.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 26 Feb 2020 08:10

From Despair To Where?
Sanguine I like 'new' teams, so supporting Harrogate Town (who only reached National League level two years ago) in their promotion push - looks like them or Barrow for the automatic spot.

Could be any of about 12 clubs for the National League playoffs - Boreham Wood (would also be new entrants to the FL) are in third on 55 points, and Woking are 13th just six points behind. :shock: Bromley and Solihull Moors in that play-off picture too.

Please God, not Barrow. It's 2hrs from anywhere. It's like stepping onto the set of Deliverance.

It is one of the very few Football League or National League sides I couldn't tell you where they were on a map. Not a clue.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 26 Feb 2020 09:01

Old Man Andrews
From Despair To Where?

It is one of the very few Football League or National League sides I couldn't tell you where they were on a map. Not a clue.

It's on the Furness penninsula that juts out on the opposite side of Morecambe Bay from Morecambe - it essentially blocks the view of the Isle of Man from Morecambe - it is incredibly remote as it is also below the Lake District National Park with only 1 A road into it which you can only get on to by driving north of Barrow and coming back on yourself.

If we get them in the cup, we'd take about 4 fans - and 3 of them would already live in Cumbria.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 26 Feb 2020 09:04

Stranded
Old Man Andrews
From Despair To Where?

It's on the Furness penninsula that juts out on the opposite side of Morecambe Bay from Morecambe - it essentially blocks the view of the Isle of Man from Morecambe - it is incredibly remote as it is also below the Lake District National Park with only 1 A road into it which you can only get on to by driving north of Barrow and coming back on yourself.

If we get them in the cup, we'd take about 4 fans - and 3 of them would already live in Cumbria.

In my mind it was over towards Newcastle. :oops:

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 26 Feb 2020 09:18

Old Man Andrews
Stranded
Old Man Andrews It is one of the very few Football League or National League sides I couldn't tell you where they were on a map. Not a clue.

In my mind it was over towards Newcastle. :oops:

You might have been thinking of Jarrow - which is over that way.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 26 Feb 2020 10:03

Hudds doing well to prove my predition wring within 24 hourrs after a good win against Bristol City

Luton with another win last night making 3 in the last 4.

If Wigan beat us tonight then a number of teams are pulled into being just 1 bad result from bottom 3

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 26 Feb 2020 10:33

Rea Ding
Silver Fox Is the Maidenhead dream coming to an end? Noticed they were just above the drop after losing to Aldershit at the weekend

Falling into the relegation battle right at the wrong time...

Terrible result for them last night, losing at home to third bottom Ebbsfleet.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 26 Feb 2020 18:29

.....managed by our ex-player Kevin Watson

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 03 Mar 2020 09:04

The 4 teams in the Champ play off places have won 5 of the last combined 20 matches

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 04 Mar 2020 08:47

Great result for Fleetwood away at Ipswich last night. Up into 6th place and just 4 points off of 2nd

4 wins from the last combined 35 games for League 1's bottom 7 clubs

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 04 Mar 2020 09:21

Winston Biscuit Great result for Fleetwood away at Ipswich last night. Up into 6th place and just 4 points off of 2nd

Ipswich completely imploded this season, just 1 win in the last 8 and looking very unlikely to even make the play-offs. Another club whose fans thought going down a level would just see them re-group and come straight back up.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 04 Mar 2020 10:36

Stranded Another club whose fans thought going down a level would just see them re-group and come straight back up.

There's some tough competition but this feels like the team board's most stupid opinion every time it comes up

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 04 Mar 2020 10:51

Stranded
Winston Biscuit Great result for Fleetwood away at Ipswich last night. Up into 6th place and just 4 points off of 2nd

Ipswich completely imploded this season, just 1 win in the last 8 and looking very unlikely to even make the play-offs. Another club whose fans thought going down a level would just see them re-group and come straight back up.

Lambert must surely be on the brink?

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 04 Mar 2020 11:29

Old Man Andrews
Stranded

Rumours of Warnock over there

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 04 Mar 2020 11:37

URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews
Stranded

Rumours of Warnock over there

Would be a good move for him and Ipswich tbf.

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 04 Mar 2020 18:26

Stranded
Old Man Andrews
From Despair To Where?

WorkingtonRoyal, Walney_Hoops and 1871RainingNuclearDeathFromTheSkies

tbf I'd have a crack at Barrow away. It's a decent, no-nonsense northern town and has a pub on an island.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 04 Mar 2020 19:06

Just around the bay from Morecambe (who inexplicably...apart from a change of manager and team line-up :) appear to be avoiding their perennial relegation inevitability early this season).

Maybe if the fixture gods are kind, you could do the ex-NPL triumbulate of Lancaster City versus the other two whilst up there, they used be cracking rivals...with ‘interesting’ fixtures

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 04 Mar 2020 23:07

stealthpapes
Stranded
Old Man Andrews It is one of the very few Football League or National League sides I couldn't tell you where they were on a map. Not a clue.

WorkingtonRoyal, Walney_Hoops and 1871RainingNuclearDeathFromTheSkies

tbf I'd have a crack at Barrow away. It's a decent, no-nonsense northern town and has a pub on an island.

Also there is a bird reserve on Walney Island and not far from Ulverston where there’s a Laurel and Hardy museum. And what’s not to like about the Lake District from which it is about 30-45 minutes. Personally be great to have them back in the FL rather than yet another London club or bland nonentity. Looking forward to the midweek League Cup away trip already.

243 posts