2019/20 Season - How will it end?

226 posts
Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: 2019/20 Season - How will it end?

by Stranded » 05 Jun 2020 12:48

Whore Jackie PL confirmed that 33 games will be available on free-to-air TV.

Villa v Sheff Utd at 6pm and City v Arsenal at 8pm on Wednesday 17 June, both on Sky. Looks like Norwich v Southampton on Friday 19 June is the first free-to-air on Sky/Pick, with Bournemouth v Palace on Saturday 20 June on the Beeb. Couple of crackers for the non Sky/BT crowd. :roll:

Full list of confirmed fixtures with TV coverage here - games every day from 19th June to 2nd July (bar Friday 26th but imagine there will be Championship games on that night)

Weds 17th June

Aston Villa vs Sheffield United (6pm) Sky Sports

Man City vs Arsenal (8pm) Sky Sports

Fri 19th June

Norwich vs Southampton (6pm) Sky Sports

Tottenham vs Manchester United (8pm) Sky Sports

Sat 20th June

Watford vs Leicester (12.30pm) BT Sport

Brighton vs Arsenal (3pm) BT Sport

West Ham vs Wolves (5.30pm) Sky Sports

Bournemouth vs Crystal Palace (7.45pm) BBC

Sun 21st June

Newcastle vs Sheffield United (2pm) Sky Sports

Aston Villa vs Chelsea (4.30pm) Sky Sports

Everton vs Liverpool (7pm) Sky Sports

Mon 22nd June

Man City vs Burnley (8pm) Sky Sports

Tues 23rd June

Southampton vs Arsenal (6pm) Sky Sports

Tottenham vs West Ham (8.15pm) Sky Sports

Weds 24th June

Manchester United vs Sheffield United (6pm) Sky Sports

Newcastle vs Aston Villa (6pm) BT Sport

Norwich vs Everton (6pm) BBC

Liverpool vs Crystal Palace (8.15pm) Sky Sports

Thurs 25th June

Burnley vs Watford (6pm) Sky Sports

Leicester vs Brighton (6pm) Sky Sports

Chelsea vs Man City (8.15pm) Sky Sports

Wolves vs Bournemouth (8.15pm) BT Sport

Sat 27th June

Sheffield United vs Arsenal (FA Cup) (5pm) BT Sport

Norwich vs Manchester United (FA Cup) (8.15pm) BBC

Sun 28th June

Aston Villa vs Wolves (12pm) BT Sport

Leicester vs Chelsea (FA Cup) (2.30pm) BT Sport

Newcastle vs Man City (FA Cup) (6pm) BBC

Watford vs Southampton (4.30pm) Sky Sports

Mon 29th June

Crystal Palace vs Burnley (8pm) Amazon Prime

Tues 30th June

Brighton vs Manchester United (6pm) Sky Sports

Sheffield United vs Tottenham (8.15pm) Sky Sports

Weds 1st July

Bournemouth vs Newcastle (6pm) Sky Sports

Everton vs Leicester (6pm) Sky Sports

West Ham vs Chelsea (8.15pm) Sky Sports

Thurs 2nd July

Arsenal vs Norwich (6pm) BT Sport

Man City vs Liverpool (8.15pm) Sky Sports

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 05 Jun 2020 13:17

Whore Jackie . Interestingly* they're also going to mic up the coin toss too!

Oh the excitement! :roll:

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 08 Jun 2020 21:21

6 options for L1 clubs to vote on tomorrow.

Some clubs very angry at the moment that the 4 clubs who would make the play-offs under the EFL suggestion have all been tested and are training whilst others are not, claiming it makes a mockery of the vote and gives those clubs an unfair advantage if another option wins.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 09 Jun 2020 10:30

Stranded 6 options for L1 clubs to vote on tomorrow.

Some clubs very angry at the moment that the 4 clubs who would make the play-offs under the EFL suggestion have all been tested and are training whilst others are not, claiming it makes a mockery of the vote and gives those clubs an unfair advantage if another option wins.

It’s highly expected the division will be stopped in L1 with Oxford, Fleetwood, Pompey and Wycombe in the playoffs and Tranmere relegated

Obviously if it’s the overriding agreement amongst the clubs, it’s the fairest way but I feel for Peterborough who were on a very strong run before all this with a chance of even breaking into the top 2 and now it looks like they won’t even get in the playoffs, sitting in 6th

Understand the clubs point but I’m sure if they were to resume, they’d give them a long enough window to train up again

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 09 Jun 2020 15:11

League 2 has officially ended.

Play off final will still be held at Wembley which is completey bizarre and unnecessary. Why not just hold it at a smaller neutral venue that is in closer proximity to the two finalists?

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 09 Jun 2020 15:19

Yep. So something all leagues have agreed is that if a season is curtailed, PPG will be used to decide all placings.

L2 ended and Swindon go up as champions, Plymouth and Crewe also promoted. Not sure if Stevenage go down, given Bury's demise in L1 should mean one fewer club relegated.

Agreed on it being unnecessary to use Wembley in principle - but given the clubs involved it seems sensible for League Two, with Colchester to the East of the city, Northampton to the North, and Cheltenham and Exeter to the West.

Could argue that Villa Park would suffice for the teams involved in League One.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 09 Jun 2020 15:24

Sanguine Yep. So something all leagues have agreed is that if a season is curtailed, PPG will be used to decide all placings.

L2 ended and Swindon go up as champions, Plymouth and Crewe also promoted. Not sure if Stevenage go down, given Bury's demise in L1 should mean one fewer club relegated.

Agreed on it being unnecessary to use Wembley in principle - but given the clubs involved it seems sensible for League Two, with Colchester to the East of the city, Northampton to the North, and Cheltenham and Exeter to the West.

I mean anywhere in the south would be ok, the lack of crowd makes a big stadium a bit unnecessary. See who the two finalists are and then pick a professional ground somewhere in between the two perhaps?

Are all the play off finals on the same day? If so then Wembley might make sense.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 09 Jun 2020 15:27

Old Man Andrews
Sanguine Yep. So something all leagues have agreed is that if a season is curtailed, PPG will be used to decide all placings.

I mean anywhere in the south would be ok, the lack of crowd makes a big stadium a bit unnecessary. See who the two finalists are and then pick a professional ground somewhere in between the two perhaps?

Are all the play off finals on the same day? If so then Wembley might make sense.

Ha. Completely forgot for a minute that there would be no fans. :lol: :(
Yeah, if its Cheltenham v Exeter then Ashton Gate would make more sense than dragging everyone to Wembley.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 09 Jun 2020 15:30

I can't even begin to work out what happens in League 1 if it comes to PPG. I think there may be a danger Oxford come up automatically. :o

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 09 Jun 2020 15:47

Sanguine
Old Man Andrews

Ha. Completely forgot for a minute that there would be no fans. :lol: :(
Yeah, if its Cheltenham v Exeter then Ashton Gate would make more sense than dragging everyone to Wembley.

I guess a factor that needs to be considered is the facilities and ability to self-isolate if needed and keep distancing at all times. I don't know whether grounds like AG have that, but I am sure that Wembley would do, or at least you would like to think so.

It is the reason why the Rose Bowl and Old Trafford were chosen to host the 3 tests against WI.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 09 Jun 2020 15:49

Old Man Andrews I can't even begin to work out what happens in League 1 if it comes to PPG. I think there may be a danger Oxford come up automatically. :o

If it's straight PPG (which I think it is) then Coventry and Rotherham go up. Peterborough (6th) and Sunderland (7th) would be leap-frogged by Wycombe (8th) into the final play-off spot. If it's a weighted PPG, then fcuk knows.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 09 Jun 2020 16:23

Sanguine
Old Man Andrews I can't even begin to work out what happens in League 1 if it comes to PPG. I think there may be a danger Oxford come up automatically. :o

If it's straight PPG (which I think it is) then Coventry and Rotherham go up. Peterborough (6th) and Sunderland (7th) would be leap-frogged by Wycombe (8th) into the final play-off spot. If it's a weighted PPG, then fcuk knows.

Flat PPG and all voted for by L1 and L2. So L1 is as you say above.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 09 Jun 2020 16:24

Harsh on Posh, but an inevitability given the costs involved in 'safely' completing fixtures.
Bolton, Southend and Tranmere go down.

And Oxford face Wycombe in the play-off semis. :)

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 09 Jun 2020 16:42

Waiting for the inevitable legal challenges from the teams who lost out. They have my sympathy, but surely they can see there were no good outcomes here?

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 09 Jun 2020 20:05

Sanguine Harsh on Posh, but an inevitability given the costs involved in 'safely' completing fixtures.

Think it’s Oxford vs Pompey in the semis instead of Oxford vs Wycombe

Wycombe jump up to 3rd spot rather than 6th

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 10 Jun 2020 12:55

Am no particular supporter of Macclesfield in their fight to avoid the drop, but I do see their point that it's a little unfair to apply their 11-point deduction before the PPG calculation, i.e. they are actually deducted 13.5 points.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 10 Jun 2020 13:37

Old Man Andrews League 2 has officially ended.

Play off final will still be held at Wembley which is completey bizarre and unnecessary. Why not just hold it at a smaller neutral venue that is in closer proximity to the two finalists?

Presumably because there is a deal in place that says these games will be held at Wembley and while it is ridiculous to do so in the current climate the FL have presumably already paid x quid for the privilege. Still at least fans won’t be getting fleeced through the ridiculous ticket prices and programmes and refreshments etc.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 10 Jun 2020 13:53

Sanguine Harsh on Posh, but an inevitability given the costs involved in 'safely' completing fixtures.

Actually as far as I can tell the games are

Fleetwood (6th) v Wycombe (3rd)
Portsmouth (5th) v Oxford (4th)

Hoping either Fleetwood or Wycombe win promotion.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 10 Jun 2020 14:12

In League 2 the play off games are

Northampton (7th) v Cheltenham (4th)
Colchester (6th) v Exeter (5th)

I’d like Exeter to get promoted but to be honest it’s a line up of clubs all very even so can probably enjoy these playoffs without too much worry.

At the bottom of league 2 it would appear that two clubs will be relegated (least according to the BBC site) which says that the second relegation place depends on the outcome of Macclesfield’s disciplinary hearing (they were charged with a second breach of rules this season on 1st June) so Stevenage may be reprieved.

As the National League voted to end it’s season some time ago they now need to decide whether play offs will take place to decide who joins Barrow in the FL next season or apply ppg and see if that breaks the deadlock between Harrogate and Notts County (or perhaps have a play off between just Harrogate and Notts County at a neutral venue).

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 10 Jun 2020 14:24

Sutekh

Actually as far as I can tell the games are

Fleetwood (6th) v Wycombe (3rd)
Portsmouth (5th) v Oxford (4th)

Hoping either Fleetwood or Wycombe win promotion.

Yeah, Wycombe enjoying PPG! Would also like to see Wycombe come up - would it be their first season in the second tier?

226 posts