Leyton Orient's Ultimate Quaranteam

Brum Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Leyton Orient's Ultimate Quaranteam

by Brum Royal » 16 Mar 2020 15:32

Leyton Orient's twitter admin has got an open challenge for an initial 64 team, now expanded to 128 team, FIFA tournament going on. Clubs from all over the world are getting in touch with them. The list of clubs taking part is quite impressive for a little club or their size to have attracted into this - a good chunk of the 92 seem to be involved, but the likes of PSV, Fiorientina, Hamburg, Benfica have all joined in the fun.

It might not be real football, but it could be quite entertaining. It's all happening on the club's official twitter account.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Leyton Orient's Ultimate Quaranteam

by Green » 16 Mar 2020 21:11

Love the O's, every Londoners second club as the saying goes.

Gr8 ales in the club house too, and they hold beer festivals on non match days. The bigger boys are right to take note.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 17 Mar 2020 07:28

What’s happened to Jobi, Green?

Seems to have disappeared off of the radar down there.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 17 Mar 2020 07:45

Now they're getting a load of stick for putting the Sun Dream Team (the official club sponsor) logo on it. This is why we can't have nice things.

Brum Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Brum Royal » 17 Mar 2020 11:54

Pepe the Horseman Now they're getting a load of stick for putting the Sun Dream Team (the official club sponsor) logo on it. This is why we can't have nice things.

Yeah I saw Tranmere had pulled out because of a link to the Sun, but I missed exactly what the reason was.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 17 Mar 2020 12:03

Brum Royal
Pepe the Horseman Now they're getting a load of stick for putting the Sun Dream Team (the official club sponsor) logo on it. This is why we can't have nice things.

Yeah I saw Tranmere had pulled out because of a link to the Sun, but I missed exactly what the reason was.

I'm assuming it is a Liverpool connection.

Brum Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Brum Royal » 17 Mar 2020 12:05

Hendo
Brum Royal

I meant I didn't realise that Leyton Orient had put the Dream Team logo on it, hence publicising it with the Sun. All I had seen was Tranmere posting "Sorry we're having to pull out due to links to a certain newspaper".

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 17 Mar 2020 12:07

Brum Royal
Hendo
Brum Royal

I meant I didn't realise that Leyton Orient had put the Dream Team logo on it, hence publicising it with the Sun. All I had seen was Tranmere posting "Sorry we're having to pull out due to links to a certain newspaper".

Ah, I see.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 17 Mar 2020 19:19

Bristol City have now pulled out for the same reason :|

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 17 Mar 2020 20:27

Wasn’t”t aware that they could even read down there

boomtish

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Mar 2020 21:55

Pepe the Horseman Bristol City have now pulled out for the same reason :|

Good for them. The Sun may have been specifically talking about Liverpool fans, but they shit on all football in the process.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 18 Mar 2020 08:11

It is commercial suicide for anyone to be associated with the Sun. Really short-sighted of Orient to do this.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 18 Mar 2020 08:53

Old Man Andrews It is commercial suicide for anyone to be associated with the Sun. Really short-sighted of Orient to do this.

Maybe having no sponsor at all, or a smaller sponsor, would've been the end of their football club?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 18 Mar 2020 08:57

Hendo
Old Man Andrews It is commercial suicide for anyone to be associated with the Sun. Really short-sighted of Orient to do this.

Maybe having no sponsor at all, or a smaller sponsor, would've been the end of their football club?

Might have been a decent idea to just have a charity sponsor? Maybe one that helps the elderly or housebound.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 18 Mar 2020 09:10

Old Man Andrews
Hendo

Might have been a decent idea to just have a charity sponsor? Maybe one that helps the elderly or housebound.

For this tournament? Oh yeah, for sure, I was more on about their football club as a whole as their title sponsor is The Sun's Dream Team.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 18 Mar 2020 09:11

Hendo
Old Man Andrews
Hendo

For this tournament? Oh yeah, for sure, I was more on about their football club as a whole as their title sponsor is The Sun's Dream Team.

Oh yeah I didn't mean in terms of their club, you cannot be fussy in League 2. The tournament should have had something to promote volunteering etc imo.

10539.4 Miles Away
Hob Nob Regular

by 10539.4 Miles Away » 19 Mar 2020 03:11

Its bullshit to turn this in to an anti Sun thing

As long as the Sun aren't going to claim any credit for it, this is just the Leyton Orient admin who's come up with a cracking idea, respect to Tranmere for pulling out but Bristol City? Lol. Twats.

10539.4 Miles Away
Hob Nob Regular

by 10539.4 Miles Away » 19 Mar 2020 03:14

AthleticoSpizz What’s happened to Jobi, Green?

https://twitter.com/footballdaily/status/1240329620894830592

Club captain, Jobi McAnuff, speaking yesterday about the success of Leyton Orients Ultimate Quaranteam which he has been fully on board with since it started.

Just because you haven't heard from him doesn't mean he's disappeared off the radar :)

10539.4 Miles Away
Hob Nob Regular

by 10539.4 Miles Away » 19 Mar 2020 03:17

Old Man Andrews
Hendo
Old Man Andrews Might have been a decent idea to just have a charity sponsor? Maybe one that helps the elderly or housebound.

Oh yeah I didn't mean in terms of their club, you cannot be fussy in League 2. The tournament should have had something to promote volunteering etc imo.

Er yeah, they've also done this

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ultimatequaranteam

$28k raised already (in no small part due to $25k from skybet lol) money to be split:

75% to the EFL to support clubs during covid troubles
25% split between MIND and WHO Covid 19 solidarity fundraiser

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 19 Mar 2020 06:56

10539.4 Miles Away
AthleticoSpizz What’s happened to Jobi, Green?

https://twitter.com/footballdaily/status/1240329620894830592

Club captain, Jobi McAnuff, speaking yesterday about the success of Leyton Orients Ultimate Quaranteam which he has been fully on board with since it started.

Just because you haven't heard from him doesn't mean he's disappeared off the radar :)
Thanks, he hasn’t featured on their teamsheet this season,I guess that he’s outinjured or just taking a back seat role?