Re: Dave Kitson`s plan to oust Gordon Taylor

by Winston Biscuit » 30 Apr 2020 08:33

Leg
End

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 30 Apr 2020 13:51

Dave gives 101 questions regarding the PFA and it’s policies. The question “If not, why not” seems to be quite prevalent though which presumably says something about the current PFA as an organisation.

Wonder how much support there will be from all professional players.

One87One

by One87One » 05 May 2020 14:43

I must have missed Kitson upsetting Raheem Sterling, but he's had to apologise again; and Tyrone Mings wants to chat with Kits. Have I missed some race fallout or something?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 05 May 2020 14:55

He is a racist, yes.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 05 May 2020 15:08

One87One I must have missed Kitson upsetting Raheem Sterling, but he's had to apologise again; and Tyrone Mings wants to chat with Kits. Have I missed some race fallout or something?

Why do you assume the beef is race related? He may have just called them both out for being class-A pcunts?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 05 May 2020 15:18

Silver Fox
One87One I must have missed Kitson upsetting Raheem Sterling, but he's had to apologise again; and Tyrone Mings wants to chat with Kits. Have I missed some race fallout or something?

Why do you assume the beef is race related? He may have just called them both out for being class-A pcunts?

Yeah nothing to do with race at all.......................................

https://twitter.com/alanrog3/status/125 ... 23840?s=20

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 05 May 2020 21:56

He's done that with plenty of photos of him with white players as well. It was a running gag with him. I'm not saying its big or clever but I'd need something more than that to convince me he's definitely racist.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 05 May 2020 23:39

Gordon Taylor needs replacing but Kitson does himself no favours. Can’t see him winning.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 06 May 2020 07:30

From Despair To Where? He's done that with plenty of photos of him with white players as well. It was a running gag with him. I'm not saying its big or clever but I'd need something more than that to convince me he's definitely racist.

Fair comment.

I'll rephrase. Someone who has done things that could be considered racist cannot perform the role of leader of the PFA,, too much there up for question.

Kitson, in interviews, sounds like the opposite of someone I would want in any position of power, comes over horribly.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 May 2020 08:58

I don't think Kitson is racist, I think he's an opinionated twat with an inflated sense of self worth and some reasonably well documented mental health issues. He doesn't think before he speaks sometimes.

He'd be a terrible PFA frontman for those reasons, much as I loved him as a player.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 06 May 2020 09:37

There's nothing that's emerged from his playing career to suggest he's racist but plenty to suggest he runs his mouth off without thinking and I do think he has a massive chip on his shoulder about his route into football, hence his previous swipe at Raheem Sterling.

Taylor needs to go but I'm not at all convinced Kitson's the right man to replace him. I think he's asking the right questions , even if 50 of them are "If not, why not?" but I presume he's a stalking horse for a more credible candidate.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 08 May 2020 12:57

From Despair To Where? He's done that with plenty of photos of him with white players as well. It was a running gag with him. I'm not saying its big or clever but I'd need something more than that to convince me he's definitely racist.

Yep, it's one of those occasions where people choose to interpret something one way, despite contrary evidence.

The fact that somebody has gone looking for those tweets, and would clearly have found similar jokes involved white players, strongly implies it was put out there by somebody with a grudge.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 11 May 2020 13:16

This is what I was looking for - easy to take photos of 4 black players and call someone a racist whilst ignoring the fact they have identical pictures of white players accompanied by the same joke :roll:

Context is everything.

One87One

by One87One » 13 May 2020 16:51

Snowflake Royal I don't think Kitson is racist, I think he's an opinionated twat with an inflated sense of self worth and some reasonably well documented mental health issues. He doesn't think before he speaks sometimes.

He'd be a terrible PFA frontman for those reasons, much as I loved him as a player.

And an excellent author...

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 13 May 2020 20:30

Snowflake Royal I don't think Kitson is racist, I think he's an opinionated twat. He doesn't think before he speaks sometimes
That’s high praise there coming from the pastmaster.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 May 2020 20:43

AthleticoSpizz
Snowflake Royal I don't think Kitson is racist, I think he's an opinionated twat. He doesn't think before he speaks sometimes
That’s high praise there coming from the expert.

Sometimes is still better than never Spizz.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 13 May 2020 20:44

Praise?......yes, agree

18 posts   •   Page 1 of 1