The Bundesliga Hobnob battle thread 19/20

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

Re: The Bundesliga Hobnob battle thread 19/20

by Zip » 17 May 2020 21:12

I thought their number 9 was Das Boot for a split second.

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 17 May 2020 21:56

I won £1200 yesterday and I could win another £230 tomorrow if Werder manage a draw at home to Leverkusen. If I hadn’t won yesterday I might have cashed out but I’m going to let it roll.

All this and I haven’t even seen a ball being kicked. It’s just like the Premier League never left.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 18 May 2020 07:32

Winston Biscuit Frankfurt managers got an interesting name

You just wouldn't give your kid that name would you? I mean seriously.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 18 May 2020 09:09

It was nice to have some football back but without a dog in the fight, no matter some flow chart says, I got less interested as the games went on and that had nothing to do with a lack of atmosphere. At least it's proved to our powers that be that this is perfectly doable.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 18 May 2020 10:39

Interesting* stat from an admittedly very small sample but home teams lost a form of advantage this weekend in that refs seemed to be more balanced in the decisions they gave. On average before the lockdown, home teams on average got 15 more fouls awarded and the away team saw more cards. Could be argued that the lack of a crowd means the ref just makes the call based on what he sees and isn't influenced by a home crowd calling for a foul/card etc.

This weekend that was actually reveresed, with away teams getting more free kicks and less cards. Now could of course just be a weekly blip but will be interesting to see how that pans out over the last 8 rounds of games.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 18 May 2020 12:35

Silver Fox It was nice to have some football back but without a dog in the fight, no matter some flow chart says, I got less interested as the games went on and that had nothing to do with a lack of atmosphere. At least it's proved to our powers that be that this is perfectly doable.

Agreed with all of that

Obviously, the games are more fun live/with supporters there, but given the context of the situation we’re in, it worked well

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 18 May 2020 18:18

.... and right on cue the missus 'contrives' to f£ck up my few and ever dwindling enjoyments in life, by somehow screwing up our subs to BT Sport. :evil: :evil:

I'd just got my home entertainment routine back around watching live football - tho the S.Korean stuff was pushing it a bit and wasn't a great lure.
(Love the story about a company employed to up the atmos who placed Sex Dolls advertising grot sites around the stadium :lol: )

Apparently having retired from decades of employment with BT, co-incidentally just in time for lockdown - her work 'perks' which included Broadband for work and hence free BT Sport, were going to be downgraded - eventually.
NEVER one to let sleeping dogs lie, she called them to check when and they promptly cut us off within 48 hrs. :roll: :roll:

Her response is that I'll have to sort it out now with Sky. :|

I'm fully expecting the B'band itself to go imminently - that'll put a crimp on me and the kids ability to wfh/continue with degree course/home school.

The woman is to high-tech, what Boy George is to Alligator Wrestling!!!

...as and when I restore service, I will be following 'Super Dortmund' and lower down (somewhere in the 'Pyramide' ) Preussen Munster - visited both cities in my younger days. Actually stood on/ may have stood on the ' Gelbe Wand' back in the early 70's. Or maybe what was there just before it was built?
The former were languishing in the Regionalliga: Even got a programme somewhere? Can't remember who they played -then went back on a school exchange to Munster and saw them take on Osnabruck.
(Can't work out how to do umlauts on this damn iPad)

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 18 May 2020 20:55

Scutterbucketz I won £1200 yesterday and I could win another £230 tomorrow if Werder manage a draw at home to Leverkusen. If I hadn’t won yesterday I might have cashed out but I’m going to let it roll.

All this and I haven’t even seen a ball being kicked. It’s just like the Premier League never left.

Oh!!!!

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 18 May 2020 21:53

Four Of Clubs .... and right on cue the missus 'contrives' to f£ck up my few and ever dwindling enjoyments in life, by somehow screwing up our subs to BT Sport. :evil: :evil:

I'd just got my home entertainment routine back around watching live football - tho the S.Korean stuff was pushing it a bit and wasn't a great lure.
(Love the story about a company employed to up the atmos who placed Sex Dolls advertising grot sites around the stadium :lol: )

Apparently having retired from decades of employment with BT, co-incidentally just in time for lockdown - her work 'perks' which included Broadband for work and hence free BT Sport, were going to be downgraded - eventually.
NEVER one to let sleeping dogs lie, she called them to check when and they promptly cut us off within 48 hrs. :roll: :roll:

Her response is that I'll have to sort it out now with Sky. :|

I'm fully expecting the B'band itself to go imminently - that'll put a crimp on me and the kids ability to wfh/continue with degree course/home school.

The woman is to high-tech, what Boy George is to Alligator Wrestling!!!

...as and when I restore service, I will be following 'Super Dortmund' and lower down (somewhere in the 'Pyramide' ) Preussen Munster - visited both cities in my younger days. Actually stood on/ may have stood on the ' Gelbe Wand' back in the early 70's. Or maybe what was there just before it was built?
The former were languishing in the Regionalliga: Even got a programme somewhere? Can't remember who they played -then went back on a school exchange to Munster and saw them take on Osnabruck.
(Can't work out how to do umlauts on this damn iPad)

I was born in Munster and lived in Osnabruck and Celle but left Germany was I was four. Want to go back to these places at some stage in my life.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 18 May 2020 23:43

Stranded Interesting* stat from an admittedly very small sample but home teams lost a form of advantage this weekend in that refs seemed to be more balanced in the decisions they gave. On average before the lockdown, home teams on average got 15 more fouls awarded and the away team saw more cards. Could be argued that the lack of a crowd means the ref just makes the call based on what he sees and isn't influenced by a home crowd calling for a foul/card etc.

This weekend that was actually reveresed, with away teams getting more free kicks and less cards. Now could of course just be a weekly blip but will be interesting to see how that pans out over the last 8 rounds of games.

Always thought this sort of advantage existed but never seen the stats. And I'm also pretty sure it doesn't hold true for Reading. Again not seen stats to confirm or deny.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 19 May 2020 00:09

bcubed
Stranded Interesting* stat from an admittedly very small sample but home teams lost a form of advantage this weekend in that refs seemed to be more balanced in the decisions they gave. On average before the lockdown, home teams on average got 15 more fouls awarded and the away team saw more cards. Could be argued that the lack of a crowd means the ref just makes the call based on what he sees and isn't influenced by a home crowd calling for a foul/card etc.

Always thought this sort of advantage existed but never seen the stats. And I'm also pretty sure it doesn't hold true for Reading. Again not seen stats to confirm or deny.

Think there's an element of truth to both your statements. The underlying argument I suppose is that the ref plays to crowd pressure, and we're not exactly the most boisterous set of fans around

In saying that, we did get a lot of penalties in Stam's first season which doesn't quite fit the narrative. Unless the refs were scared of Stam :wink:

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 19 May 2020 12:57

I really enjoy Erling Haaland's monosyllabic interviews.

Interviewer: <long spiel about first game back, got a goal, relief etc etc> ... despite no crowd you went to the corner to celebrate.
Haaland: 'why not?'
Interviewer: 'did your celebration mean something in particular?'
Haaland: 'Yes.'

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 19 May 2020 16:44

Sanguine I really enjoy Erling Haaland's monosyllabic interviews.

Interviewer: <long spiel about first game back, got a goal, relief etc etc> ... despite no crowd you went to the corner to celebrate.

Listened to a podcast last year on this as he did it in a Salzburg game and the UK press heard and reported how rude and arrogant he is. It was apparently a bit of an in joke there, he is not overly keen on the press so the challenge he was given was to try and get through interviews by using only 1 word answers. Sounds like he has carried it on to Dortmund.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 20 May 2020 09:13

Winston Biscuit

Listened to a podcast last year on this as he did it in a Salzburg game and the UK press heard and reported how rude and arrogant he is. It was apparently a bit of an in joke there, he is not overly keen on the press so the challenge he was given was to try and get through interviews by using only 1 word answers. Sounds like he has carried it on to Dortmund.

Taken a leaf out of Kimi's and Mika's playbook from F1 :)

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 20 May 2020 09:40

Hendo
Winston Biscuit

You are not allowed to criticise Kimi - he is one of the worlds truly good guys

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 20 May 2020 09:43

Franchise FC
Hendo
Winston Biscuit

No way am I criticising him, I <3 Kimi.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 20 May 2020 10:21

Hendo
Franchise FC
Hendo

No way am I criticising him, I <3 Kimi.

8) 8)

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 23 May 2020 13:01

Good to see that an international pandemic hasn’t damaged FC St Pauli’s inability to convert chances.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 23 May 2020 15:10

Good to see the bundesliga haven’t had any positive covid tests since the first round of games

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 24 May 2020 13:19

UP THE AUGSBURG