3 G pitches

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

3 G pitches

by Royals and Racers » 09 Nov 2020 20:25

Watching Oxford City`s FA Cup match tonight, it`s struck me how good artificial pitches are these days. I believe Bracknell, Ascot and Basingstoke have them and Reading City will be next to get one. No one seems to have any problem staying upright on it tonight.

Old Man Andrews

Re: 3 G pitches

by Old Man Andrews » 10 Nov 2020 07:54

Royals and Racers Watching Oxford City`s FA Cup match tonight, it`s struck me how good artificial pitches are these days. I believe Bracknell, Ascot and Basingstoke have them and Reading City will be next to get one. No one seems to have any problem staying upright on it tonight.

4G.

They are certainly great for the lower league teams. No postponements, the ability to ground share with other teams to get extra income in and also good for community relations as it allows for partnerships with local schools to use the facilities etc.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 10 Nov 2020 08:36

Old Man Andrews
Royals and Racers Watching Oxford City`s FA Cup match tonight, it`s struck me how good artificial pitches are these days. I believe Bracknell, Ascot and Basingstoke have them and Reading City will be next to get one. No one seems to have any problem staying upright on it tonight.

4G.

They are certainly great for the lower league teams. No postponements, the ability to ground share with other teams to get extra income in and also good for community relations as it allows for partnerships with local schools to use the facilities etc.

The clubs say their pitches are 3 G - so i will take that as read.

RFCMod

by RFCMod » 10 Nov 2020 13:02

Royals and Racers
Old Man Andrews

4G.

The clubs say their pitches are 3 G - so i will take that as read.

4G pitches aren't recognised by the FA or sports authorities
The difference is the 4G pitches don't have all the rubber pellets spread over them

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 11 Nov 2020 14:27

Yeah i think 4G pitches are a myth - they actually don't exist yet.

The very new ones and recently installed are excellent, they play well. Maintenance is key though and if left poorly maintained they do deteriorate and quickly. Life span is approximately 10 years. My lad is a goalkeeper, and the pet hate is stripping him down when he gets in to literally an avalanche of black bits and balls!!

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 11 Nov 2020 20:04

paultheroyal Yeah i think 4G pitches are a myth - they actually don't exist yet.

The very new ones and recently installed are excellent, they play well. Maintenance is key though and if left poorly maintained they do deteriorate and quickly. Life span is approximately 10 years. My lad is a goalkeeper, and the pet hate is stripping him down when he gets in to literally an avalanche of black bits and balls!!

The commentators on Monday actually mentioned that the ground staff pre match were working as hard on the pitch as they would have done on a grass one- they said they were rolling it extensively.

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1