Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: European Super League

by Snowflake Royal » 19 Apr 2021 16:46

Winston Biscuit
Snowflake Royal
Winston Biscuit PL meeting tomorrow for the 14 non super clubs

How many votes do they need to expel the 6 in spite? :lol:

As said up there^, I think the PL voting rules says they need a majority of 14 to change rules

tasty.....

Yeah,slow on the uptake here.

Fingers crossed.

Who wins the league if they're expelled?

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 19 Apr 2021 16:47

Snowflake Royal
Winston Biscuit
Snowflake Royal How many votes do they need to expel the 6 in spite? :lol:

As said up there^, I think the PL voting rules says they need a majority of 14 to change rules

tasty.....

Fingers crossed.

Leicester and West Ham separated by a point :D

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 19 Apr 2021 16:50

Maybe there was something worse than death...

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 19 Apr 2021 16:51

Winston Biscuit boggles my mind that you can have players currently on £150k a week rubbing their hands together thinking about possibly earning more money

"we want to pay MORE tax"

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 Apr 2021 16:54

Hendo
Snowflake Royal
Winston Biscuit

tasty.....

Fingers crossed.

I mean, there's incentive here isn't there. Pour Encourager Les Autres or what ever the phrase is.

Bin them, pocket the excess cash and tighten the belt for the next round of TV deals.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 19 Apr 2021 16:55

This is the most universally unpopular decision I've ever witnessed in the history of football that I can remember by far.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 19 Apr 2021 16:58

If the 6 do go through with it and join the Spanish and Italian clubs there is nothing to stop them completely going their own way and forming their own association governing bodies then organising rival internationals, and as all the money in the game will go with them there will be plenty to tempt other major clubs to eventually join.

As you would expect all fans of the big 6 are dead against it and are already talking of boycotting games and not putting any more money into their clubs until they back down, but the trouble there as we all know is that fans’ contributions doesn’t count for very much in the scheme of things.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 19 Apr 2021 16:58

Simmops This is the most universally unpopular decision I've ever witnessed in the history of football that I can remember by far.

This > VAR > Tevez-gate > Man Utd changing shirts at half time

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 19 Apr 2021 17:00

Winston Biscuit
Simmops This is the most universally unpopular decision I've ever witnessed in the history of football that I can remember by far.

Russia/Qatar World Cup award?

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 19 Apr 2021 17:01

Liverpool have always been my second team.

Screw that now most likely.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 19 Apr 2021 17:02

I think one of the reasons it is so unpopular is because it is all so predictable; this has been coming for Years, but nobody could believe it would ever really happen, and now it has.

There have to be severe repercussions for the clubs, their management, their owners and indeed, the players, or else football within 5 years will be a shadow of what it is now...........

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 19 Apr 2021 17:02

Winston Biscuit

this >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> anything else

By oxf*rd far

Never ever have I seen something where pretty much every fan, manager, pundit, newspaper is universally shitting on it and legit disgusted

I hope these clubs oxf*rd off out the PL, 6 teams go up from champ and then 6 up from L1,L2 and National

oxf*rd these "big 6"

I would love to see West Ham win the league rather then Liverpool play Real Madrid 10 times in a row

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 19 Apr 2021 17:02

Hendo
Winston Biscuit

This is way worse

Russia was a good World Cup aswell

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 19 Apr 2021 17:04

Klopp says he demands a face to face meeting with their owners and chairman as he was not told about it

Ruh oh.........

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 19 Apr 2021 17:04

Sutekh If the 6 do go through with it and join the Spanish and Italian clubs there is nothing to stop them completely going their own way and forming their own association governing bodies then organising rival internationals, and as all the money in the game will go with them there will be plenty to tempt other major clubs to eventually join.

As you would expect all fans of the big 6 are dead against it and are already talking of boycotting games and not putting any more money into their clubs until they back down, but the trouble there as we all know is that fans’ contributions doesn’t count for very much in the scheme of things.

Which is why boycotts are not enough. Threats of physical violence towards players at the training ground are what is required ala Dynamo Dresden or Beitar Jerusalem.

The nature of the disease requires so sharp a remedy.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 19 Apr 2021 17:17

St Pauli
Sutekh If the 6 do go through with it and join the Spanish and Italian clubs there is nothing to stop them completely going their own way and forming their own association governing bodies then organising rival internationals, and as all the money in the game will go with them there will be plenty to tempt other major clubs to eventually join.

Which is why boycotts are not enough. Threats of physical violence towards players at the training ground are what is required ala Dynamo Dresden or Beitar Jerusalem.

The nature of the disease requires so sharp a remedy.

I'd even go one step further and suggest they do a Pants Day.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 19 Apr 2021 17:19

Simmops
Hendo
Winston Biscuit

This is way worse

Russia was a good World Cup aswell

Russia being a good World Cup notwithstanding, I do remember similar outcry about the world cup being awarded to those two nations. Although maybe that was just looking at it through UK lenses.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 19 Apr 2021 17:39

Hendo
Snowflake Royal
Winston Biscuit

tasty.....

Fingers crossed.

Is that currently or if the results against the 6 are expunged?

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 19 Apr 2021 17:41

Stranded
Probably putting 2 and 2 together here but I can really see the ESL going down a US model, given who is involved i.e. ownership and JP Morgan. The clubs will essentially become franchises and players will sign to the SuperLeague and not a club. There will essentially then be an auction or draft whereby clubs competing get to their pick of the players available. Players may only even be "allowed" to register for 2 seasons before becoming available for drafting again.

That seems unlikely.

The business model put forward already talks of some clubs being 'more elite' that the rest of the elite, with six of them getting three times the cash that some of the 'less elite' members will get. The likes of Real Madrid are not signing up to this for an even playing field. They still believe they should get extra money to keep them at the top of the tree.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 19 Apr 2021 17:44

Stranded
Hendo
Snowflake Royal Yeah,slow on the uptake here.

Fingers crossed.

Is that currently or if the results against the 6 are expunged?

Oh, just currently. I imagine if the results against those 6 are expunged, West Ham would be in a very a strong position as I seem to recall their results have been pretty shocking against those teams, whereas Leicester have done pretty well and would have more points taken off them.

However, as the majority of the season has been completed, I think the results stand, like a club going into admin? Although I've not got any real idea.

It is all such a mess.

365 posts