Re: KLOLopp Sack Watch

by Sutekh » 29 Jan 2023 23:10

He will not be sacked.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 30 Jan 2023 08:58

Sutekh He will not be sacked.

This. But I'm pretty sure he will walk in the summer if he isn't backed with material transfer funds. Liverpool are going to watch Fernandez go to Chelsea, and Caicedo go to Arsenal, and it won't be because Klopp doesn't want a midfielder.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 30 Jan 2023 09:00

Yeah can't see him being sacked, although could see him walking eventually. Not sure when the straw will break the camels back with it though.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 30 Jan 2023 09:06

Sanguine

This. But I'm pretty sure he will walk in the summer if he isn't backed with material transfer funds. Liverpool are going to watch Fernandez go to Chelsea, and Caicedo go to Arsenal, and it won't be because Klopp doesn't want a midfielder.

Absolutely, he’ll probably wait to see how the “ownership/new investment” saga works itself out. It’s all very well being, arguably, the best run big club in the world, but without the City/Real style regular overspending clubs just can’t compete. The failure to fully strengthen in the summer and the loss of Diaz and Jota to injury has really screwed their season and they’re probably unlikely to get in the top 4, meaning they will have to win the CL again!

Conservative_dad
Hob Nob Regular

by Conservative_dad » 04 Feb 2023 16:35

Time to fire up the drove?

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 04 Feb 2023 16:54

Triggered man United fan

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 05 Feb 2023 11:16

Sutekh
Sanguine

Absolutely, he’ll probably wait to see how the “ownership/new investment” saga works itself out. It’s all very well being, arguably, the best run big club in the world, but without the City/Real style regular overspending clubs just can’t compete. The failure to fully strengthen in the summer and the loss of Diaz and Jota to injury has really screwed their season and they’re probably unlikely to get in the top 4, meaning they will have to win the CL again!

Did they not just spend £100m on Nunez?

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 05 Feb 2023 11:56

genome
Sutekh
Sanguine

Shirley not :lol:
Had no idea he was that much

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 05 Feb 2023 13:10

Franchise FC
genome
Sutekh

Shirley not :lol:
Had no idea he was that much

Not. It was £64m + addons, still a big waste of money on current showing though I accept in 2 years or so it might work out to be a bargain.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 05 Feb 2023 15:19

Sutekh
Sanguine

https://www.pulse.ng/sports/football/real-madrid-have-spent-less-money-on-transfers-in-the-last-decade-than-24-other/7vyjdks

Looks like a pretty sensible spending club to me. Some would say too sensible seeing as they sold their most crucial player last summer and are now getting the runaround by crap teams like Mallorca.

You'd be better citing the current La Liga leaders. Who are still allowed to spend and sign players like Lewandowsky, despite their finances meaning they have to do creative accounting as they struggle to register their signings.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 05 Feb 2023 18:51

I like Klopp, but I must admit I am pleased Wolves ( Wolves :o ) stuffed them. 3-0 :o .

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 06 Feb 2023 08:11

genome
Sutekh
Sanguine

Well, they sold Mane, Minamino, Williams and Davies for a combined €60m, and then spent €64m up front on Nunez.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 06 Feb 2023 08:48

Still think selling Mane was a huge mistake.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 06 Feb 2023 09:05

Hendo Still think selling Mane was a huge mistake.

Massive, I mean it was already evident that he did more running than Salah, but it is painfully clear now.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 06 Feb 2023 09:10

Sanguine

Massive, I mean it was already evident that he did more running than Salah, but it is painfully clear now.

It was but the guy made it clear he wanted out, maybe saw what was coming, so get why they sold him.

Liverpool will likely focus on the CL now and as has happened in the past, will probably go a long way or even win it, salvaging a poor season.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 06 Feb 2023 09:23

Stranded
Sanguine

It was but the guy made it clear he wanted out, maybe saw what was coming, so get why they sold him.

Liverpool will likely focus on the CL now and as has happened in the past, will probably go a long way or even win it, salvaging a poor season.

Someone I went to football with on Saturday also suggested that maybe he saw the writing on the wall and wanted out ASAP.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 06 Feb 2023 10:14

Stranded

TIC surely? I'll be absolutely amazed if they get past Real Madrid.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 06 Feb 2023 11:15

Real themselves have hit a bit of a bad patch, with only four wins in nine in La Liga - but I would be equally surprised if they don't beat Liverpool over two legs.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 06 Feb 2023 11:36

Sanguine Real themselves have hit a bit of a bad patch, with only four wins in nine in La Liga - but I would be equally surprised if they don't beat Liverpool over two legs.

RM looked dreadful last Thursday (still managed to win, mind you)