26%
Germany
45%

Total votes: 80
Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

Who To Support now

by Big Ern » 03 Jul 2006 10:18

With the dream over for another 4 years, and with a lot of peoples second choice team, Brazil, also crashing out, we are left in a bit of a dilema of who to support. We have more reasons to hate rather than like the teams that are left so who will you support in the tournament now.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 03 Jul 2006 10:19

Italy.

did I ever mention ...

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 03 Jul 2006 10:22

I really don't mind out of the other 3. I just want to see some great football, befitting of the occasion.

Finch Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Who To Support now

by Finch Royal » 03 Jul 2006 10:23

Big Ern With the dream over for another 4 years, and with a lot of peoples second choice team, Brazil, also crashing out, we are left in a bit of a dilema of who to support. We have more reasons to hate rather than like the teams that are left so who will you support in the tournament now.

Why are Brazil everyones second team ?

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 03 Jul 2006 10:28

Finch Royal
Big Ern With the dream over for another 4 years, and with a lot of peoples second choice team, Brazil, also crashing out, we are left in a bit of a dilema of who to support. We have more reasons to hate rather than like the teams that are left so who will you support in the tournament now.

They're not, or ever have been, mine.

The reason, endless inept and ill thought out punditry. If Joe Cole's goal had been scored by a Brazillian, they'd still be talking about it......

I'm hoping for a France Germany final. Should be a cracker.

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 03 Jul 2006 10:28

Finch Royal

I didn't say everyones

Finch Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Finch Royal » 03 Jul 2006 10:29

Big Ern
Finch Royal

I didn't say everyones

OK :roll: , why are Brazil a lot of peoples second team

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 03 Jul 2006 10:36

Finch Royal
Big Ern
Finch Royal

I didn't say everyones

OK :roll: , why are Brazil a lot of peoples second team

I have noticed a lot of people wearing Brazil shirts, and the majority of people who I have spoken to would have prefered Brazil to win it again after England.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 03 Jul 2006 10:36

France, for my son and for my bets.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 03 Jul 2006 10:41

Many people have Brazil as their 2nd team, because over the years they have generally played free flowing beautiful football more often than any other nation, and that's really what people want to see.

Harold

by Harold » 03 Jul 2006 10:41

Germany - as I put £75 on them at the start of the tournament.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 03 Jul 2006 10:45

All monarchists should, of course, support Germany

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 03 Jul 2006 10:45

I never thought I'd say it but......................Italy. :shock:

Lesser of 4 evils in my view.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 03 Jul 2006 10:47

lol at Portugal with no votes so far.

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 03 Jul 2006 10:48

Gordons Cumming I never thought I'd say it but......................Italy. :shock:

Lesser of 4 evils in my view.

Agree Gords. Can stand the French, or the Germans, and the Portugese have become our bogey team of late , and their antics have not endeared them to me.

At least with Italy, we have not lost to them in a competitive game since 96, when Zola scored the winner in a 1-0 win at Wembley.

Ginger Ninjas

by Ginger Ninjas » 03 Jul 2006 11:33

France.....I stand to win a small amount of money if they in, but I really don't like them, especially the oh-so-perfect Henry (who should be banned for the dive against Spain, re: Rivaldo at the last WC)

Italy.... Dull, and generally uninspiring, I can not support their footballing mentality - with the talent they have (Pirlo, Totti etc), and number of strikers in their squad, 1-0s are not the way forwad

Portugal....While I will not bow to The Sun's wishes to hate Ronaldo (because of course Rooney behaved impeccably, and England deserved to win) it does always leave a bitter taste in the mouth, and their inability to play without Deco lets them down too

Germany....The only enjoyable team to watch (ZZ excluded), they play how England should, wingers, attacking full backs, lots of crosses, strikers who strive to get on the end of them by making attacking runs (unlike Crouch), and two central midfielders capable of interchanging and playing TOGETHER.

I think Germany will go through (probably on penalties again), while the other match could be ZZ versus Deco. Either way, will support whoever wins the Germany semi for the final.

3 veesinarow
Hob Nob Regular

by 3 veesinarow » 03 Jul 2006 11:40

I won't be supporting any nation now, but I expect Germany to win it now, beating France in the final.
I had already lost all respect for Portugal before the England game and everything they did against us just reinforced my view, even if missing the penalties was nothing really to do with them. Italy aren't the best, although they will not concede many and whilst France have improved as the tournament has gone on, it is the Germans who have stepped up their game the most. No-one gave them a chance after the opening game, and they struggled to overcome Poland, but they have all the momentum now and home advantage should see them through.

Oh, and I have them in the sweepstake at work...

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 03 Jul 2006 12:31

There is nobody to support. Only a hope that France doesn't win the World Cup.

Tredder
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Tredder » 03 Jul 2006 12:33

Germany for me, the people over here are top people and they've gone out of their way for the English.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 03 Jul 2006 12:33

SpaceCruiser There is nobody to support. Only a hope that France doesn't win the World Cup.

But deep down you can see it can't you. Henry, viera, thuram and zidane, all stood there with the cup, and all those fireworks when zidane lifts it up. Look on the bright side, if we had beaten portugal we'd of lost. No terry and no rooney.