How good is Cristiano Ronaldo?

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

Re: How good is Cristiano Ronaldo?

by winchester_royal » 01 Apr 2008 23:20

Ginger Ninjas IMHO, that was one of his best goals this season - came from absolutely nowhere to power the header in.

Get a grip it was only a bloody header. If it was Park who scored that then it would be an average goal, but because it was ronaldo it must have been brilliant :roll:

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 01 Apr 2008 23:24

winchester_royal
Ginger Ninjas IMHO, that was one of his best goals this season - came from absolutely nowhere to power the header in.

Get a grip it was only a bloody header. If it was Park who scored that then it would be an average goal, but because it was ronaldo it must have been brilliant :roll:

Park wouldn't have got there, or scored though. That's the difference.

'lista
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by 'lista » 01 Apr 2008 23:30

winchester_royal

It was an absolutely fantastic 'bloody header' though.

He arrived from nowhere with an extremely brave, powerful and unstoppable header.

I used to think Ronaldo was a step-over show pony but he is increasingly showing he has pretty much everything. :cry:

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 02 Apr 2008 00:15

Park did well to get into position to cut the header back for the 2nd goal.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 02 Apr 2008 08:30

agreed on Park (and Ronaldo too). I thought that Park was very good last night, to my surprise.

Have to say that of the four English teams in it I prefer United, partly because of their football but msotly because they have a lot of English players (last night they had Brown, Ferdinand, Rooney, Hargreaves, Scholes, Carrick) plus a few Irish, Scots and Welsh.

I do have reservations about their Glory Boy fans, mind. Which include my Dad :roll: .

muppet_

by muppet_ » 02 Apr 2008 12:20

I absolutely love watching Ronaldo play, i know he's a cocky bastard but he has every right to be. He's amazing. I love him.

And FTR i'd still be saying this even if he had a face like Maguire's.

PlasticRoyale
Hob Nob Regular

by PlasticRoyale » 02 Apr 2008 12:28

Noted small-game player Cristiano Ronaldo set Manchester United on the way to an entirely meaningless Champions League semi-final with a not-at-all brave header against the completely useless second-best team in Italy in the benign atmosphere of the dilapidated cowshed that is the Olympic Stadium

sheshnu

by sheshnu » 02 Apr 2008 12:33

Played well last night but I still don't like his diving antics. Why bother?

Any of England's 'big 4' :roll: would have seen Roma off without too many problems though.

who are ya?
Hob Nob Regular

by who are ya? » 02 Apr 2008 17:46

All most people need to do is forgive Ronaldo for Rooney getting himself sent off and England being so crap all tournament they wouldn't have won a rigged raffle and maybe then, just maybe, they will get over themselves and see that he is by far the best player around at this very moment in time.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 02 Apr 2008 19:40

As mentioned earlier I think he is a top player and if Arsenal or Chelsea had him in their side one of them would be Premiership Champions.
I am very much a fan of Messi and in my book he just edges it over Ronaldo as he is less of a diver and plays in a more competitive League.

earleyroyal

by earleyroyal » 02 Apr 2008 19:44

I think I said earlier on this thread or on another that the only thing stopping him from being a true great is his performance in the big games, still he's on the right track it seems. Didn't watch the game but he didn't go missing a la Milan last season apparently.

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 02 Apr 2008 20:45

earleyroyal I think I said earlier on this thread or on another that the only thing stopping him from being a true great is his performance in the big games, still he's on the right track it seems. Didn't watch the game but he didn't go missing a la Milan last season apparently.

I actually didn't think he had one of his better games last night, popped up with a goal which as we all know by now is 'the sign of a truly great player' but I honestly think had he not scored people would be commenting about how he didn't do much in a big game again. In fairness to him he had 2 or sometimes 3 Roma players on him most of the night.

TheMaraudingDog

by TheMaraudingDog » 03 Apr 2008 09:56

Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

by Whore Jackie » 03 Apr 2008 10:00

soggy biscuit
earleyroyal I think I said earlier on this thread or on another that the only thing stopping him from being a true great is his performance in the big games, still he's on the right track it seems. Didn't watch the game but he didn't go missing a la Milan last season apparently.

I actually didn't think he had one of his better games last night, popped up with a goal which as we all know by now is 'the sign of a truly great player' but I honestly think had he not scored people would be commenting about how he didn't do much in a big game again. In fairness to him he had 2 or sometimes 3 Roma players on him most of the night.

True that Roma surrounded him, but that's the territory for Ronaldo now in the really big games. Great header, but didn't contribute much else. Carrick and Ferdinand stood out for me.

TheMaraudingDog

by TheMaraudingDog » 03 Apr 2008 10:03

Carrick is class. Never loses possesion of the ball, gets in the way of opposing atacks and sets us on our way. Brilliant.

shadesrwrf
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by shadesrwrf » 03 Apr 2008 10:37

muppet_ I absolutely love watching Ronaldo play, i know he's a cocky bastard but he has every right to be.

Spot on.

Say what you like about Manchester United, and I've said plenty in the past, but they're wonderful to watch at the moment.

who are ya?
Hob Nob Regular

by who are ya? » 03 Apr 2008 17:49

TheMaraudingDog http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gb77jvyly2o

bLOLue army, bLOLue army, bLOLue army..............