Chris CoLOLeman

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 16 Dec 2007 19:51

Lionel Messi is out of next weekends 'El Super Classico'

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 16 Jan 2008 20:07

Chris Coleman has resigned from Real Sociedad claiming a difference of opinions with new owner Iñaki Badiola

Chris Coleman Things have changed with the arrival of Badiola because there are now two different ways of seeing the club and of working, We are leaving our posts with great sadness as this is a fantastic club

I don't want paying up for the remainder of my contract, the club needn’t worry about this. Money wasn’t why we signed for Real. If that was true, we could have earned more in England

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 17 Jan 2008 09:01

Will be Keegan's assistant at Newcastle apparently.

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

Re: European ups & downs

by soggy biscuit » 28 Jan 2008 12:43

Rolando Bianchi sent off for 2 yellow cards less than 5 minutes into hsi Lazio debut.

AC MiLOLan beat Genoa to climb back up to 7th and are now just the 23 points off top spot.

The chasing pack in the Dutch league are making things look interesting. PSV are top by 5 points but then just 1 point seperates 4 teams behind them.

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 29 Jan 2008 00:47

Big week in Holland with Ajax v PSV and Feyenoord v AZ Alkmaar on Wednesday and then AZ Alkmaar v PSV and Ajax v Feyenoord at the weekend.

The Wang Meister

by The Wang Meister » 29 Jan 2008 17:27

Went to the San Siro on Sunday and had to LOL @ the security.
Firstly, despite the crowd being around 45,000 we couldn't get in, you needed Social Security Number for the game, they were then checking everyone's ID against there ticket, if it doesn't match you aint getting in.
Then, as we wondered what to do, we spot a mob of 30 walk right past the stadium, at pace with intent, the police didn't seem to see them. Being clued up we followed this mob where there was a brief bit of handbags with another mob before police came in and broke it up, allowing the mobs to go on their merry ways.

Just how can the police be so clueless as to let two mobs bump into each other outside the ground?

We then had a brief walk around the ground looking for other mobs before getting the Metro back to Doumo and heading to the English Football Pub to watch United beat Spurs.

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 30 Jan 2008 11:29

The Wang Meister Went to the San Siro on Sunday and had to LOL @ the security.
Firstly, despite the crowd being around 45,000 we couldn't get in, you needed Social Security Number for the game, they were then checking everyone's ID against there ticket, if it doesn't match you aint getting in.
Then, as we wondered what to do, we spot a mob of 30 walk right past the stadium, at pace with intent, the police didn't seem to see them. Being clued up we followed this mob where there was a brief bit of handbags with another mob before police came in and broke it up, allowing the mobs to go on their merry ways.

Just how can the police be so clueless as to let two mobs bump into each other outside the ground?

We then had a brief walk around the ground looking for other mobs before getting the Metro back to Doumo and heading to the English Football Pub to watch United beat Spurs.

Did you try to buy a ticket and they wouldn't let you? I go 2/3 times a year to San Siro and the security last time was totally OTT, the complete opposite of what it was like last season. They didn't even have turnstiles then. But i got a ticket and entrance OK for The Derby with a passport.

The latest wave of Draconian measures against the fans was as a result of a policeman shooting an innocent fan in a service station! Only in Italy.

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 30 Jan 2008 20:56

Tony Le Mesmer
Did you try to buy a ticket and they wouldn't let you? I go 2/3 times a year to San Siro and the security last time was totally OTT, the complete opposite of what it was like last season. They didn't even have turnstiles then. But i got a ticket and entrance OK for The Derby with a passport.

The latest wave of Draconian measures against the fans was as a result of a policeman shooting an innocent fan in a service station! Only in Italy.

I've only been to the San Siro once, about 4 years ago. They barely even checked your ticket as you strolled through the gate - no turnstiles and nobody appeared to care where you sat, even if you chose to sit in the aisle. One of the stewards spent the afternoon leaning over the barrier of the second tier waving a large flag. The wierd thing was that I was down the side, and when the Inter fans in the home end jumped up and down, it made the side I was on bounce up and down too.

I went to Anderlecht a couple of years ago, and although you could buy a ticket on the day, you needed ID. I had my passport and assumed they just glance at it and give me a ticket, but he took it off me and rang someone up to check it out.

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 31 Jan 2008 08:23

Tony Le Mesmer
The Wang Meister Went to the San Siro on Sunday and had to LOL @ the security.

Just occured to me why you had problems.

Sometime in the 90s a fan was murdered before a Genoa/Milan game.

Away fans were banned from the game against Milan in Genoa earlier this season, so tickets on the day were probably limited to Milan residents, hence why you needed a Social Security Number.

No different to some games at the Madejski when you think about it.

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 31 Jan 2008 10:02

MiLOLan beat Reggina 1-0 in the rearranged game last night. The Rossoneri now up to the dizzy heights of 6th place in Serie A.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 03 Feb 2008 01:55

Anyone trying to help, currently making folders on my favourites for various European leagues (Dutch, French, Italian, Spanish, German, Polish) and am wondering if anyone has decent sites they look at?

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 03 Feb 2008 02:25

RG30 Anyone trying to help, currently making folders on my favourites for various European leagues (Dutch, French, Italian, Spanish, German, Polish) and am wondering if anyone has decent sites they look at?

http://www.soccer-spain.com/

Big fun here, too.

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 27 Feb 2008 20:35

Top 2 currently playing at the San Siro

Inter 0-1 Roma
http://www.d1g.com/video/show/?id=1825138

Inter 1-1 Roma
http://www.d1g.com/video/show/?id=1825342

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 29 Feb 2008 15:23

RG30 Anyone trying to help, currently making folders on my favourites for various European leagues (Dutch, French, Italian, Spanish, German, Polish) and am wondering if anyone has decent sites they look at?

2 good links for Italian Football

http://www.calciouk.co.uk

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_ ... index.html

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 01 Mar 2008 00:00

Tony Le Mesmer

2 good links for Italian Football

http://www.calciouk.co.uk

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_ ... index.html

Cheers.

Orange Ekstraklasa, Poland;

Polonia Bytom 1-0 Zagłębie Sosnowiec

http://youtube.com/watch?v=prwdJRbBhV0

Lech Poznań 0-0 Zagłębie Lubin

http://youtube.com/watch?v=wTrCqHlO0gc

League table looks as follows;

1 Wisla Kraków 18 48
2 Lech Poznań 19 37
3 Legia Warszawa 18 37
4 Groclin Grodzisk Wielkopolski 18 35
5 Korona Kielce 18 33
6 Zagłębie Łubin 19 30
7 GKS Bełchatów 18 27
8 Górnik Zabrze 18 24
9 Jagiellonia Białystok 18 24
10 MKS Odra Wodzisław Śląski 18 19
11 KS Ruch Chorzów 18 18
12 KS Polonia Bytom 19 18
13 RTS Widzew Łódź 18 17
14 MKS Cracovia Kraków 18 17
15 ŁKS Łódź 18 12
16 KS Zagłębie Sosnowiec 19 9

Dissapointing result for us Zagłębie Łubin fans following on from our league success last season, but we've still got the new stadium on the way but certainly Wisla Kraków to throw away.

Fixtures for Saturday & Sunday as follows;

Saturday
Odra Vs Korona
Jagiellonia Vs Cracovia
Legia Vs ŁKS Łódź
Bełchatów Vs Groclin
Wisła Kraków Vs Widzew Łódź

Sunday
Ruch Vs Górnik Zabrze
Last edited by RG30 on 01 Mar 2008 00:08, edited 1 time in total.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 01 Mar 2008 00:06

German Bundesliga

Duisburg remain in the Bundesliga relegation zone after falling to a 2-0 defeat at Hertha Berlin.

Goals from Raffael and Marko Pantelic in the space of two minutes in the first half secured the points for the hosts.

Raffael broke the deadlock on 35 minutes when Pantelic created the opportunity for his team-mate to score.

Just two minutes later the roles were reversed when Raffael supplied Pantelic with an incisive pass to make it 2-0.

Duisburg were unable to offer a response in the second half as Hertha saw out the game to move up to 10th in the table.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cn7y07gWaRY

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 29 Mar 2008 08:02

Mourinho's people claim he is in talks with Inter to take over in the summer, Inter have denied for some time that Mancini would be leaving but have stopped all that recently. Maybe he can finally change Inter's reputation from being eternal bottlers.

Lead is now just 4 points, Inter MiLOLan.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 31 Mar 2008 01:51

Polish football rocked again by more match fixing allegations, this time involving former Reading defender Dariusz Wdowczyk who is now manager of IL Liga (2nd division) side Polonia Warszawa. They currently sit 4th in the league at the moment.

Former Polish international Dariusz Wdowczyk, who once played club football for Celtic and Reading, was on Saturday charged with match-fixing.

The public prosecutor in Wroclaw claimed that the 45-year-old had paid backhanders to referees. Wdowczyk, who had been arrested on Friday, was released under caution, said Marek Kuczynski, a spokesman for the prosecutor. Six other people, including referees and coaches, were also arrested in connection with the corruption case, said Tomasz Fratczak, a spokesman for Poland’s anti-corruption body, the CBA. Wdowczyk, 45, figured mostly for Polish top flight side Legia Warsaw and played 53 times for his country before going on to coach Polonia Warsaw. The match-fixing affair has scarred Polish football recently with 17 people, amongst them referees and federation officials, receiving suspended prison sentences in December last year. In January, two first division sides Zaglebie Lubin and Widzew Lodz were both implicated in corruption in the 2004-2005 season and were punished with demotion to the second division next season. afp

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 12 Apr 2008 11:50

First off, anyone that missed the UEFA Cup game between Getafe and Bayern missed an absolute cracker, Luca Toni once again confirmed his move to Bayern as one of the summers top transfers, the boy is absolute class.

Contra 1-0 Bayern (44 mins)
http://www.d1g.com/video/show/?id=1923682

Getafe 1-1 Ribery (87 mins)
http://www.d1g.com/video/show/?id=1923653

Casquero 2-1 Bayer (92 mins)

http://www.d1g.com/video/show/?id=1923671

Braulio 3-1 Bayern (93 mins)
http://www.d1g.com/video/show/?id=1923679

Getafe 3-2 Toni (114 mins)

http://www.d1g.com/video/show/?id=1923694

Getafe 3-3 Toni (119 mins)
http://www.d1g.com/video/show/?id=1923702

Anywho, back to league action.

France
You would have thought the top 2 spots were already sorted with Lyon 6 points clear of Bordeux and then a further 6 point gap back to Nancy in 3rd. Great win for Marseille over Lyon last weekend. 6 matches to go

Bottom of the table looks very interesting. Metz are gone but Strasbourg, PSG, Lens & Toulouse are all on the same points and all 4 teams GD between -6 and -8.

Spain
Title should be Madrid's this year unless they make an almights balls up. 7 points clear, better goal difference and 5 games left to play.

Race for 2nd place looking interesting with Villarreal joint with Barcelona on 59 points, Barca still have to play Real Madrid at the start of May. Atletico still in 4th place and on course for a CL place though Santander are hot on their heels.

Levante are gone, Murcia look gone and so the last place seems to be between Zaragoza, Recreativo, Osasuna & Vallodolid.

Italy
I would expect to see the top 3 finish as they are though when Inter are involved you never know. 6 games to play and Inter still have the Milan Derby and tomorow's game against Fiorentina to balls things up in. Juve V AC Milan tonight.

5 points seperate the bottom 6 teams which includes annual escape artists Parma.

Chievo & Bologna occupy the top 2 places in Serie B

Germany
Bayern are 9 points clear with 7 games to play, below them though are 7 team seperated by 7 points, should make for an interesting finish.

Similarly at the bottom there are 5 teams seperated by 5 points

Portugal
Porto wrapped up their 3rd consecutive title in 3 years last weekend. With 5 games left to play Benfica, Guimaraes, Sporting Lisbon and Vitoria Setubal all still have a chance to take the runners up spot.

Turkey
Fenerbahce & Galatasaray are on 66 and 64 points respectively. 5 games left to play and the top 2 are to play each other in 2 weeks time.

5258 posts